ADVERTISEMENT

To Mask or Not to Mask that is the question?

Simple question, do you think wearing a Mask works to stop the spread of Covid-19?

• Total voters
Dang I hate politics. If you are concerned wear a mask. If not don’t. If really worried don’t hang around people that don’t seem to care.

You never answered me. Have you worked on National Disaster projects?
Well, I guess it depends on what you mean. As an associate regional supervisor (I don't like the term manager) for a national chain you've heard of, I've helped to keep stores stocked and running through all sorts of weather events. But honestly, nothing compares to a local norovirus outbreak in late 2018. Let's just say I had to roll up my sleeves up and get "muddy" a time or two, and leave it at that!! LOLOL!

Why do you ask?

I gather that you have, and that makes me question our government even more.

That is silly and vacuous. U bring no value to the topics at hand. Let me ask you. Do u think the US did a good job preparing for the pandemic since you qualify yourself to form an opinion however silly it is.

I have written the National Disaster planning SOP for a federal agency that disburse a trillion dollars a year. I have also worked with ARNORTH in their National Disaster planning. What is your experience in this endeavor? I am sure it is extensive.

Last edited:
Well, I guess it depends on what you mean. As an associate regional supervisor (I don't like the term manager) for a national chain you've heard of, I've helped to keep stores stocked and running through all sorts of weather events. But honestly, nothing compares to a local norovirus outbreak in late 2018. Let's just say I had to roll up my sleeves up and get "muddy" a time or two, and leave it at that!! LOLOL!

Why do you ask?

Good for you. I want to understand your level of experiences.

Ur lack of a bonhomous equanimity invites the postulation that u drink ur own pee.

You sir epitomize a caustic poster who devolves into sophomoric attacks and inconsequential drivel. I suppose you don’t mind portraying that because your post proves it. Are you on your father’s computer?

However, u r in good company with oldman and woodyman for acting like middle schoolers with the vapid drivel. Very immature.

Introducing urine into the topic? Really?

Are u 3 capable of adult like conversations?

Last edited:
That is silly and vacuous. U bring no value to the topics at hand. Let me ask you. Do u think the US did a good job preparing for the pandemic since you qualify yourself to form an opinion however silly it is.

I have written the National Disaster planning SOP for a federal agency that disburse a trillion dollars a year. I have also worked with ARNORTH in their National Disaster planning. What is your experience in this endeavor? I am sure it is extensive.

You know you think your bureaucratic experience should resinate with all of us? You have been dying to tell how knowledgable and wonderfiul you were. I'm not impressed. I'm sure you did some wonderful work and some of it may have been used. We all thank you for your service. But you were part of the underbelly of our self fulfilling bureaucratic machine. Not all will take that as a storming accolade nor should we stand at attention. Comparing your knowledge and work with what appears to been an incredible all out effort to provide PPE, machines filling gaps and you name it along with development and roll out of vaccine is a miscalculation at the least.

You sir epitomize a caustic poster who devolves into sophomoric attacks and inconsequential drivel. I suppose you don’t mind portraying that because your post proves it. Are you on your father’s computer?

However, u r in good company with oldman and woodyman for acting like middle schoolers with the vapid drivel. Very immature.

You are an odd one and have an infatuation with the words vapid and vacuous.

Do you happen to wear a Guy Fawkes mask, a black hat and cape?

I haven't seen this level of devotion by a new poster in a long time. The subtle mixture of American pride, ignoring all salient points, and doubling down on the ridiculous suggests that @ArmyTanker might've had a former life on here. Then again, this could just be his real thought process. Either way, it's fascinating to watch.

FYI he's even WORSE with his football takes. Which says something...

Reactions: RogueAggie
You know you think your bureaucratic experience should resinate with all of us? You have been dying to tell how knowledgable and wonderfiul you were. I'm not impressed. I'm sure you did some wonderful work and some of it may have been used. We all thank you for your service. But you were part of the underbelly of our self fulfilling bureaucratic machine. Not all will take that as a storming accolade nor should we stand at attention. Comparing your knowledge and work with what appears to been an incredible all out effort to provide PPE, machines filling gaps and you name it along with development and roll out of vaccine is a miscalculation at the least.

I ain’t bragging. I am stating facts. It is what it is. Are bureaucracies good or bad?

Do I want recognition? No. I am comfortable with what I accomplished. What matters is what I have done, the country, and the man upstairs. What you think is irrelevant.

I help veterans with PTSD. I am stating a fact. Do you consider that as bragging as well? If the topic is about army tactics would I be remiss to say I have infantry experience?

Incredible effort to provide PPEs? You have to be kidding me. Doctors and nurses washed their PPEs for weeks.

If as you say I was itching to discuss my experiences I would have done so a few days ago.

The military bureaucracy has identified 700 sites across the nation should we need greater greater hospital capacity. It has sent medical teams to some states. It is helping out with the logistics of the procurement and distribution of the vaccine. It has provided security. It has contracting officers that have access to FEMA funds to support states, first responders, and hospitals. It can provide two hospitals ships. The Air Force used C-17s to transport supplies. It has a 3 star combatant commander whose mission is to monitor the pandemic and has a large staff from various fields to support the commander. For your edification that 3 star commander is stationed at Ft Sam Houston, but I assume you knew that. It is very forward leaning and reports to a 4 star general should the nation need more military resourcing to support her. So yes that is the military bureaucracy at work.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgRod
Incredible effort to provide PPEs? You have to be kidding me. Doctors and nurses washed their PPEs for weeks.
Look who's having fun with the urine talk now! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's hypocrites.

That said, if it really does take an incredible effort for you to make peepees, you should really consider seeing a doctor. That's no joke.

Look who's having fun with the urine talk now! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's hypocrites.

That said, if it really does take an incredible effort for you to make peepees, you should really consider seeing a doctor. That's no joke.

What is hypocritical? Give me some facts instead of name calling. Thus far you have not really told me anything of value nor relevant facts.

Well, I really appreciate everyone's opinions and to be honest this thread has taken some unique turns and twists that I did not see coming.

I'm not opposed to shut-er down unless you gents need to continue drilling down to the ultimate answer....

FYI, it's 42.

Reactions: ArmyTanker
If you have all this experience and disbursed all this money, how did someone as smart as you let this happen?

Reactions: Lukeag
COVID is for real. From a contagion standpoint the benefits of wearing a mask is not. I say wear a mask if you want, don’t wear a mask if you don’t want to, and regardless of your belief or opinion follow required protocols set by individual restaurants and businesses. Oh and if someone’s not wearing a mask and you don’t like it keep your mouth shut and mind your own business.

Retired? So you did NOT prepare us?!?!

I am decisively engaged with volunteer work for veterans with PTSD. Every day 20-22 veterans commit suicide. Helping them is one of my passions that keep me going and gives my life definition and purpose. It is quite rewarding to turn lives 160 degrees.

I am decisively engaged with volunteer work for veterans with PTSD. Every day 20-22 veterans commit suicide. Helping them is one of my passions that keep me going and gives my life definition and purpose. It is quite rewarding to turn lives 160 degrees.
So you didn’t get us prepared for a pandemic.

COVID is for real. From a contagion standpoint the benefits of wearing a mask is not. I say wear a mask if you want, don’t wear a mask if you don’t want to, and regardless of your belief or opinion follow required protocols set by individual restaurants and businesses. Oh and if someone’s not wearing a mask and you don’t like it keep your mouth shut and mind your own business.
Well said.

Dude I am retired.

when the going gets tough the tough gets going. Just hindsight 20/20. HAVE YOU WORKED IN A GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY??? DISASTER RELIEF!!!

As far as experts being geniuses, the exalted Dr Fauci said NY did things right when everyone knew Cuomo had basically sent thousands to their deaths. The end all be all has been wrong so much it’s hard to believe anyone takes him seriously but did he work on any disaster programs?

when the going gets tough the tough gets going. Just hindsight 20/20. HAVE YOU WORKED IN A GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY??? DISASTER RELIEF!!!

As far as experts being geniuses, the exalted Dr Fauci said NY did things right when everyone knew Cuomo had basically sent thousands to their deaths. The end all be all has been wrong so much it’s hard to believe anyone takes him seriously but did he work on any disaster programs?

to Openly derail this conversation and brag a bit, I’d like to announce that I actually was just accepted onto a disaster medical assistance team this month. This has been a professional goal of mine for a long time so I’m pretty excited. Now I get the honor of doing all this on boarding paperwork....

Great job, pharm! My brother is a soon to be pharmacist. You’ve handled yourself with class and dignity.

I guess u r incapable of understanding what ARNORTH mission is and does. I have worked in the army conducting national disaster planning. You can call the army a bureaucracy if you want. Do I care? No. Now what is your experience in national disaster relief planning?

And Trump is not remiss for saying it won’t hit the US or it will just disappear for weeks? You think Navarro was appropriate in giving USA Today an opinion piece critical of Dr. Fauci? HHS should have sent a strategic message to the country and failed too.

Last edited:
to Openly derail this conversation and brag a bit, I’d like to announce that I actually was just accepted onto a disaster medical assistance team this month. This has been a professional goal of mine for a long time so I’m pretty excited. Now I get the honor of doing all this on boarding paperwork....
congrats.... what exactly does that entail?

Reactions: catorano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT