ADVERTISEMENT

To Mask or Not to Mask that is the question?

Simple question, do you think wearing a Mask works to stop the spread of Covid-19?

• Total voters
I have been wearing a paper condom since March. Haven’t gotten anyone pregnant. Paper Condoms worked for me. I’m convinced. Oh, also ive had a vasectomy so no matter what I would’ve done nobody would’ve gotten pregnant.

You will still be required to purchase Maternity health coverage.

Reactions: catorano
So you don't trust the US numbers? Did I mention anything about third world countries? I think not.

NO you did not mention 3rd world countries - I just tossed those in to show how low they are when there is no financial gain in doing so.

And no - I don't trust any statistics when financial gain is involved and that includes Federal grants that are based on peer reviews. It is amazing how a hypothesis becomes a theory with massaged data.

TexCase Rate Trend:
Cal decreasing
Texas increasing
Um we aren’t increasing cases, should I just have Mark pin this url? I’m getting tired of posting it.

Lol it took exactly four posts on this thread for a coronabro to post bullshit as it it were fact.

Here is a graphical representation of Texas’ cases “increasing”.

B66058-BF-96-B8-40-EE-A0-D1-66-DE0-D8-B9622.jpg

Reactions: Lukeag
NO you did not mention 3rd world countries - I just tossed those in to show how low they are when there is no financial gain in doing so.

And no - I don't trust any statistics when financial gain is involved and that includes Federal grants that are based on peer reviews. It is amazing how a hypothesis becomes a theory with massaged data.

So when Trump mentioned 200,000 deaths the numbers were wrong?

What? You guys post Twitter guys with 10 followers as fact but also ignore actual facts. Arnold was active in the Bush campaign. He is Republican.

Does this look like a Republican much less a conservative? You skew your facts to suit your idology. He is at best a center left. Last Rep conservative in Ca was Pete Wilson.

In October 2003, On The Issues rated Schwarzenegger as a "moderate liberal populist".[32] In April 2008, the organization reclassified Schwarzenegger as a "centrist".[33] In a 2010 report published by Equality California, an LGBT rights organization, Schwarzenegger received a 57 percent score.[34] On April 21, 2010, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington named Schwarzenegger and ten other governors as the "worst governors", accusing him of self-enrichment; cozying up with special interests, conflicts of interest, cronyism, pressuring state officials, mismanagement, and vetoing hospital transparency bills.[35][36]

In 2004, the California League of Conservation Voters, an environmental organization, released a scorecard giving Schwarzenegger a 58%.[37] Schwarzenegger would receive the same score in 2005.[38] In 2006, his score fell to 50%.[39] Schwarzenegger's score improved to 63% in 2007.[40] In 2008, Schwarzenegger received a 60% score.[41] In 2009, Schwarzenegger's score from the CLCV fell to its lowest ever, falling to 28%.[42] However, Schwarzenegger's score would recover in 2010, improving to 56%.[43] As Governor of California, Schwarzenegger's lifetime score from the CLCV is 53%.[44]

In March 2005, the Cato Institute, an American libertarian think tank, issued a "fiscal policy report card" for 2004 in which it assigned an A grade to Schwarzenegger's performance as governor.[45] Schwarzenegger was given a D grade in the 2006 report card from the Cato Institute.[46] In the 2008 report card, Schwarzenegger was given a C grade.[47] In 2010, Schwarzenegger received a D grade in the report card.[48]

I haven’t been in the office in a year, but not because it hasn’t been open. Companies are seeing positive results with remote working that have nothing to do with Covid. We went from 9 floors to 2 floors which saved the company a substantial amount of cash.

I can see this happening a lot.

Early on Trump relied on Fauci - once he realized Fauci was an idiot and changed his mind with the wind direction so eventually Trump kicked him to the curb.

Fauci and WHO :

The virus not airborne
you don't need a mask
only healthcare workers need mask This was likely the biggest problem statement Fauci ever made.
Please stop purchasing masks
only a N95 mask works
Only healthcare workers should be allowed to buy a N95 mask
ohh crap we all need mask
but you don't need a N95 one please don't buy them all up for yourself
--- The world has no toilet paper --- Okay threw that one in for a laugh ---
Everyone should have a mask - (apparently we were making them out of excess TP)
wear a mask when you leave your house - (silly but still see those idiots wearing one on a walk with no one 100 yards from them)
But wait wearing 2 masks is more effective.
We all just need to stop breathing

Fauci is the smartest dumb ass I have ever seen - I can't believe anyone still listens to him at all.

What is the so what?

You don't know how the US should prepare for National Disasters and Pandemics. The US should have created a Task Force of the federal cabinets and agencies to include the DOD, ARNORTH, Army Corps of Engineers with DHS providing overarching leadership to the Task Force. HHS would take the medical leadership role.

It is imperative to plan and execute early, but the US did not do that. From the chaotic response by Trump and the federal government, I will say they did not open up the National Disaster Pla

Here’s another reason why it’s stupid to compare the US to 3rd world countries (which is exactly what you’re doing when you compare the US to the rest of the world)

Over 60% of the deaths in Tx (feel free to perform exercise with US total) were 70+ years old.

This is beyond the life expectancy of many of these countries. These people are dying before they can live long enough to be high risk for covid.

Here’s another reason why it’s stupid to compare the US to 3rd world countries (which is exactly what you’re doing when you compare the US to the rest of the world)

Over 60% of the deaths in Tx (feel free to perform exercise with US total) were 70+ years old.

This is beyond the life expectancy of many of these countries. These people are dying before they can live long enough to be high risk for covid.

Is Japan, South Korea, Taiwan third world countries. I would bet a six pack that Japan's average age is significantly higher than the US.

US “metrics” are wildly inaccurate, as are “metrics” throughout the world.

According to your “metrics” we should all move to Cambodia where there evidently is no covid.

Do you actually think Trump would let the CDC inflate the numbers? One time he mentioned 200,000 deaths, was Trump using inflated numbers? Did I say we should move to Cambodia? You are stating something I did not say. Surely you don't think the criteria in living in a country is solely based on COVID metrics.

Is Japan, South Korea, Taiwan third world countries. I would bet a six pack that Japan's average age is significantly higher than the US.
The US is in no way comparable to these countries as far as covid impact is concerned for a number of reasons that have already been discussed in this thread.

Reactions: CSAg03
Does that variable fully account for the US having perhaps 40 times the per capita death rate as Japan's?

How would I know? It seems to me general health is a big factor in death rate and that’s pretty obvious. Probably a far bigger factor than mask compliance.

Can anyone tell me why the US has the highest COVID metrics?
People have. You ignore them because it didn’t fit your narrative. Same thing everyone else does.
You think you’re the rational, logical one here. But everyone just parrots their talking points and preferred story.
There is no discussion on anything political. There is close-minded crosstalk.

The fact of the matter is, who was the captain of the ship? It was Trump. Silly behavior by the democrats infinitely pales in comparison to Trumps preparation for the pandemic.
Preparation for the pandemic, do you realize how silly that sounds.

Reactions: darterbury
For anything earlier than 2020, I use the CDC WONDER database:

For 2020, I use the link below. The 2020 deaths are still being counted, so the number I posted above will most likely change.
I want to see year over year regardless of Covid. Total US deaths. If they are still counting 2020 and it’s not posted, where did your numbers come from?

I want to see year over year regardless of Covid. Total US deaths. If they are still counting 2020 and it’s not posted, where did your numbers come from?

The 2020 deaths are what they call "provisional." They are posted online in the second link I provided. They're just not final yet.

Reactions: Don Draper
At the end of the day the US did just about the worst job of handling this of any developed nation so may want to examine why that is. (Cue no every other country is lying and hiding dead bodies.)
Well we know China has, is and will hide the bodies.

I think it goes back to the way they are counted. If you promise money for Covid then there would be more covid
Another point, when a positive PCR test is all you need, and there is no limit to cycle thresholds, you run that mfer as long as it takes to get a positive result. My SIL’s hospital ran one patient eighteen times because they were sure he had Covid, back in May, all results negative.

Now hospitals and clinics didn’t do this for nefarious reasons, remember state and county politicians told them no elective or even non-elective procedures that were for non-life threatening issues. Hospitals and clinics were going deep into the red. The payoff for positive tests was the easiest way back to the black.

Look at some of the other typical metrics such as new cancer, hypertension, cardiovascular disease counts. They emulate the flu numbers. That’s not because we got healthy in quarantine, it’s because people avoided checkups. We’ll see a drastic increase in these issues on 2021, and increase out of normal proportions in deaths from them as well for the next few years.

This is without going into the skyrocketing suicide rates right now.

It would be nice if we could just compare the US 1:1 to another country to get perspective, but we can’t. The closest might be the UK but they don’t have incentivized positive cases and are hurting worse per capita, mostly due to lifestyle choices of the population. We’re not the only country lying about fat being ‘healthy’. Comparing us though to Japan or Singapore is like comparing apples to bananas. They are both fruit, have a peel, but that’s about it. We are a nation of fat lazy people who drive everywhere, even in big cities that have a high carb and fat diet. In countries like Japan not only do they, by culture, self-isolate and eat well, they fat shame with zero remorse. I’m reasonably fit, better prob than 90% of the US, but even I got my belly poked after a good meal on the train from Nara to Osaka by a drunk businessman. Fat shaming is almost a cultural requirement there. They see obese people as greedy and unfit. Kinda helps the COVID numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT