ADVERTISEMENT

To Mask or Not to Mask that is the question?

Simple question, do you think wearing a Mask works to stop the spread of Covid-19?

• Total voters
There was nothing vapid in my response- and if you think there was, you don’t know what the word means. I said “Appeals to ethos are meaningless from an anonymous poster.” It was an assertion that neither your questions nor my potential answers hold any value due to anonymity. I didn’t say I was unable to answer you. I do not believe any answers I give as to my own credibility have any more weight than yours do- for exactly the same reason.
That you waited so long to even respond to my initial post is also suggestive of someone who senses that the audience has lost interest and is seeking to drum up more engagement as a means of finding some personal gratification.
I’m not going to engage you further. You’re either a charlatan or an expert, but your anonymity allows for either to be possible. Jargon-filled questions intended to intimidate aren’t indicative of anything when google can answer them and you’re anonymous.
I’m done here. You’re either self-righteous and seeking validation from strangers or a troll. I have no time for either.

You are relegated to arguing about arguing.

No I have not followed MDMA. I will be candid and say I glanced at an article regarding it, but I don't know enough to formulate any realistic opinions. I focus on cognitive therapy. My approach is simple:

- Survive. Don't commit suicide.
- Take care of your physical needs like food, sleep, hygiene, shelter, and safety.
- Reduce depression to stabilize them.
- Define PTSD.
- List the symptoms.
- Provide coping skills for the symptoms.

There might be a chance I will work with some suicide prevention researchers if I am lucky to share some insights. Case in point. People who are afflicted by a strong case of PTSD will often have suicidal ideations, but it is more than that. Some of them want to die for a few years. Living sentences them to more pain and suffering. They are at great risk.

Do you work in the mental health field?
I don’t work in health care at all. Just got interested in that research. It’s pretty compelling stuff to me. The results from a single dose of MDMA can be amazing

Reactions: ArmyTanker
I don’t work in health care at all. Just got interested in that research. It’s pretty compelling stuff to me. The results from a single dose of MDMA can be amazing

My concern is will taking Ecstasy cause a tolerance and addiction? Right now we have a lot of military service members who were given opioids for pain management who are now full blown addicts.

Is the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons a legitimate and respected professional organization or a mouthpiece for whatever side that link proves? Genuinely curious.

Is the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons a legitimate and respected professional organization or a mouthpiece for whatever side that link proves? Genuinely curious.

Not exactly sure, but there is some interesting points and actual facts in there.

I have worn a mask since day 1 and think it is completely useless to stopping the spread in any meaningful way.

The only thing most mask do is give the wearer a false sense of security and brings out hands closer to our face. Keeping good distance goes out the window.

Not exactly sure, but there is some interesting points and actual facts in there.

I have worn a mask since day 1 and think it is completely useless to stopping the spread in any meaningful way.

The only thing most mask do is give the wearer a false sense of security and brings out hands closer to our face. Keeping good distance goes out the window.
I just looked them up on Wikipedia. Unfortunately they’re not a body that represents a large portion of the medical community and their history includes promotion of discredited ideas (vaccines and autism, hiv not causing aids). I’m not suggesting that the information in that link is all incorrect- I don’t offer an opinion on that info at all. But the source isn’t one considered anything but fringe.

Quick question while we have everyone together, what's your current take on abortion?

It has a lot of information but is clearly anti-mask...70% of the content is citing studies that they conclude oppose mask efficacy. 30% cites studies that promoted mask efficacy, but the article then refutes each one.

I have no idea if AAPS is a legit organization, nor do I know if masks are effective or not, but this has all the markers of something trying to appear to be a neutral presentation of facts when in reality it’s a propaganda piece.

Question for @ArmyTanker: Does this elicit any emotions?

mis.png

No that picture is not recognizable. However, if it is me, give me a 50 cal. I like that weapon and I like the range, the deep sound, and the devastation it metes. It is cool to hit a target 1800 meters from me. It will take less than a second to reach its maximum effective range. That is some good violence.

Have an excellent life rage.

Last edited:
No that picture is not recognizable. However, if it is me, give me a 50 cal. I like that weapon and I like the range, the deep sound, and the devastation it metes. It is cool to hit a target 1800 meters from me. It will take less than a second to reach its maximum effective range. That is some good violence.
I was feeling better about my Mac1014 theory however he'd have more fun with it and show more creativity.

Pretty soon, it’s gonna be army tanker talking to himself with all the muting he’s doing. Which now makes me wonder if he could be KeithDB???

Reactions: Lukeag
Oldmanp03... my apologies. You made a comment about what I said about ArmyTanker... too many words & nothing said. Those comments were intended for him not you. Still, I wonder how did he let this happen?

Confirmed.... fake user. Good thing because I was starting to have doubt in the whole system.

Boy, we sure know how to attract the weirdos.

Reactions: RageBot
California has vaccinated 3% more of there population, and the death rate is lower than Texas. Deaths per 100k is 134 compared to 152 for Texas. They also have a more dense population. Get your selective fact shit out of here. They did not have lockdowns. They put a mask rule in place June 18, Texas was July 2nd.
Wrong. They have had lockdowns in CA. My in-laws live in CA and they have had periods where they couldn’t even find an open restaurant. My SIL owns a restaurant business and it was completely shut down for a time. We have visited CA a couple of times and the retail vendors are not happy with the shutdowns but are helpless in a liberal state to do anything.

We have worn masks in Harris County for months and our rates haven’t decreased much. I am not opposed to wearing a mask because it doesn’t hurt and may help. Shutdowns work. What you have to decide is whether it is worth it economically. Fortunately for the places that have shut down the Federal Government is bailing them out.

At the end of the day the US did just about the worst job of handling this of any developed nation so may want to examine why that is. (Cue no every other country is lying and hiding dead bodies.)
This is incredibly false. Did the US take missteps? Absolutely. There are a lot of countries who made a lot more.
When you factor in that the US was a leader in vaccine development, I’m not sure how you can say that we were the worst.

I'm not a doctor (without diploma, there are many in my family and on this board), so I follow the science and what the real doctors say. They believe it reduces the spread. I'm vaccinated but still where a mask when I enter places that say "Please wear a mask." I also understand that the regular flu season has been minimal (I get the flu shot each year), probably because of the lock-downs and mask wearing. There are probably a lot of people who prefer to believe what the former President said about masks, but he was lucky when he caught Covid-19 to be treated with therapudic drugs us ordinary people wouldn't necessarily have access to. And the former President got vaccinated as well.

So when Fauci said masks do not prevent the spread of the covid.....was he lying......or just did not know what he was talking about? Is he lying now? Doesn’t know what he is talking about now? I have lost all faith in that man.
Would you prefer scientists stick with whatever they originally believe and never change their minds? I don’t understand that approach.

He said in March of 2020 “wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.”

The next month he said, and has now for a year, that was not accurate info for a novel disease we didn’t know a lot about.

I don’t understand the hate for changing a position. We don’t use leaches anymore or think the sun revolves around the earth because we learn and change. I’d think that’s what we want scientists to do.

Reactions: pharm11
The government and private industry are using mitigation techniques for something that has killed more Americans than WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and 911 combined. But let's keep talking about this issue. I'm sorry you have to wear a mask, nobody likes it either. Next question?

The government and private industry are using mitigation techniques for something that has killed more Americans than WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and 911 combined. But let's keep talking about this issue. I'm sorry you have to wear a mask, nobody likes it either. Next question?
How many people die each year in the United States? So if the average number of deaths is lower next year what would that tell you? A certain amount of people are going to die each year regardless of cause. Using scary comparisons of war is the mouth of propaganda.

Would you prefer scientists stick with whatever they originally believe and never change their minds? I don’t understand that approach.

He said in March of 2020 “wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.”

The next month he said, and has now for a year, that was not accurate info for a novel disease we didn’t know a lot about.

I don’t understand the hate for changing a position. We don’t use leaches anymore or think the sun revolves around the earth because we learn and change. I’d think that’s what we want scientists to do.
And I don’t understand blindly following a man who has proven time and time again to be wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT