ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the capitol

But you still won’t answer the two questions... says it all.

You're just further proving as an apologist by deflecting with whataboutism regarding the actions that happened yesterday. Take it to your other dead thread.

Reactions: jeffmc
The officer that fired was the last line of defense between the protestors and those in the senate chamber. They had smashed through the window of the barricaded door and the woman shot was the first one to try and hop through it.

The officer that shot could not see the officers coming up the hallway behind the protestors.

I don’t agree with the commentary, but this video gives the most context of those I’ve seen.

Sickening response to a protest. No violence or intent to harm and the officer's life was not in peril and just gunned down. Maybe we should have sent that officer to Seattle last summer. Bet those protests would have ended sooner......or gotten worse.

Reactions: darterbury
Where was the outrage at all the people burning federal buildings all summer? Ripping down federal monuments and trying to kill or blind police officers. Where was this outrage when Obama fanned the flames of rioters that got police officers executed? The outrage of people in this is bullshit unless they were equally outraged all summer. This country has been divided for a long time and Trump was the result of that divide. It is getting worse and will continue to as the democrats shove communism down the country’s throats

You're just further proving as an apologist by deflecting with whataboutism regarding the actions that happened yesterday. Take it to your other dead thread.

Not deflecting. If you would have done that, yesterday would not have happened.

Where was the outrage at all the people burning federal buildings all summer? Ripping down federal monuments and trying to kill or blind police officers. Where was this outrage when Obama fanned the flames of rioters that got police officers executed? The outrage of people in this is bullshit unless they were equally outraged all summer. This country has been divided for a long time and Trump was the result of that divide. It is getting worse and will continue to as the democrats shove communism down the country’s throats
Trump wasn't perfect but was he the total issue or is a media that is blatantly biased and in continuous war against him no matter what was done also at fault? You watch the media will take a 4 year vacation now (like they did for 8 years with Obama) and that is really what is wrong.

The BLM activist who took out those cops in downtown Dallas: also less outrage.

Reactions: BDB99 and dad_in_tx
I don't really understand this video. Saw another one where the police just opened up barricades leading up to the Capitol. Not over-run, opened up like a door.

Reactions: darterbury
Not deflecting. If you would have done that, yesterday would not have happened.

Good God I've already gone over some of this with you in your other thread. As far your first point and bringing up Pennsylvania, that didn't happen. There was legislation - Act 77. I predicted the ruling on the challenge and gave reasoning as to why I thought the courts would rule as they did. You just can't accept reality. FOH. It's chickenshit to excuse or justify yesterday because people such as yourself don't like the answer to some questions.

PA has run 2 elections since Act 77 was passed, both caucuses agreed to the rules beforehand and votes are already certified.

This isn't the ace in the hole PA Republicans thought they had.
We shall see. If you were watching the hearing on election issue just now you might have some different opinions.
I have it on tuning in and out.

Bottom line is Republicans would not have filed this suit if they won the state. The Act and its respective language isn't new information and didn't target any person or party unfairly.

You can't come to a federal court of equity seeking relief only when you lose when you knew there was an problem, but let it play out only to discover it didn't end up working to your benefit then cry foul.

Additionally, if we look to cases like Purcell v Gonzalez in '06, the conservative SCOTUS maintained that you need to make your case early and not wait until the eve of an election lest you disrupt the orderly process of elections by changing rules that could affect outcomes. The fact that the relief being sought is throwing out all mail-ins after the certification process has been completed goes against that ruling even more.

It was looked into. In multiple cases. There were hearings in the senate as well as in multiple state legislatures. No allegation of fraud could be substantiated in any of those hearings.

I voted for Trump twice. I think mail in voting and extended voting windows lead to ballot harvesting shenanigans, but Trump’s team couldn’t prove it. The actions of these protestors were wrong and truly embarrassing for Trump, our party and the nation.
This was my best case scenario response for this thread. Common sense

FOH yourself !

You obviously think the BLM protests were justified and fit that matter I think yesterday’s was too. Not backing off.

Am I in favor or 3 that people died? No.

Don’t recall that any businesses were burnt down or looted.

And you still haven’t addressed question #2.

So just kiss off!

FOH yourself !

You obviously think the BLM protests were justified and fit that matter I think yesterday’s was too. Not backing off.

Am I in favor or 3 that people died? No.

Don’t recall that any businesses were burnt down or looted.

And you still haven’t addressed question #2.

So just kiss off!

As far as question 2, since signature matching isn't good enough for you, maybe every voter who is about to mail it in should Skype with an election official to watch them sign it and take screenshots and timestamps before putting it in the mail. You're ridiculous.

What I have gathered is there are many people here who think charging the capitol, breaking in, causing a lockdown while congress is in session is ok because they also believe there are some people who did not oppose other riots at some other date.

That is some seriously interesting logic.

Reactions: jeffmc and Agswag12
As far as question 2, since signature matching isn't good enough for you, maybe every voter who is about to mail it in should Skype with an election official to watch them sign it and take screenshots and timestamps before putting it in the mail. You're ridiculous.
No you missed it again ... not surprised!

What I’ve repeatedly asked for is an audit (minimum 1 rep and 1 dem ) per comparison. Audit the signatures and the voter record ; ie this person is alive and a resident at the time of the election and this is his/her signature.

Get busy.

What I have gathered is there are many people here who think charging the capitol, breaking in, causing a lockdown while congress is in session is ok because they also believe there are some people who did not oppose other riots at some other date.

That is some seriously interesting logic.
Just like some are fine with the prospect of cheating in a election because they hated the candidate. Even to the point of an independant audit for the sake of a audit that minimally would show little but maybe help the overall system and in turn prove the cheating allegations false.

That as well is some interesting logic.

Just like some are fine with the prospect of cheating in a election because they hated the candidate. Even to the point of an independant audit for the sake of a audit that minimally would show little but maybe help the overall system and in turn prove the cheating allegations false.

That as well is some interesting logic.
I would not be fine with cheating, but I also know cheating didn't happen. It's been proven over and over by Dems and Republican's alike. You just wont accept the results and choose to believe fringe nuts instead of all the evidence right in front of you. Even when those nuts say point blank there is no evidence of fraud when they are in court where there is accountability for their allegations, people somehow ignore that and pay attention to what they say at the local hardware store instead.

The normalization of radical conspiracy theories is fascinating and terrifying.

Reactions: jeffmc
I would not be fine with cheating, but I also know cheating didn't happen. It's been proven over and over by Dems and Republican's alike. You just wont accept the results and choose to believe fringe nuts instead of all the evidence right in front of you. Even when those nuts say point blank there is no evidence of fraud when they are in court where there is accountability for their allegations, people somehow ignore that and pay attention to what they say at the local hardware store instead.

The normalization of radical conspiracy theories is fascinating and terrifying.
Because the data doesn't add up. Counties won by Biden are lowest ever by a election winner by a lot. See the bellwether county winner chart I posted earlier where Biden only won 18% of them, even Kennedy won 53% in 1960 and that election now has been researched and showed cheating. The one that gets me is rejection rates where they are 1-2% normally and this tine they are 1/10 of that using a voting method (mail in) that is usually 3 times larger rejection rate than the 1-2%. Data tells a lot and these are questions that have not been answered well if at all. Having those that ran elections do the auditing is like asking bank robbers to investigate their robbery.

Fact is asking for a 3rd party audit isn't asking a lot (and if done early on it wouldn't have stretched past key election dates). If the left was confident in the election they would welcome it purely to prove the other side wrong, but they don't. That tells you a lot as well because if they were secure in the results they would relish the opportunity to prove the other side false which they do when they know they have the results to.

No you missed it again ... not surprised!

What I’ve repeatedly asked for is an audit (minimum 1 rep and 1 dem ) per comparison. Audit the signatures and the voter record ; ie this person is alive and a resident at the time of the election and this is his/her signature.

Get busy.

Didn't miss it, even if all your demands came true you'd come up with something like that. It's a pattern.

You're losing faith more in that legitimate results are increasingly not going your way than the system- specifically when it comes to other states and their respective processes whether you admit so or not.

Didn't miss it, even if all your demands came true you'd come up with something like that. It's a pattern.

You're losing faith more in that legitimate results are increasingly not going your way than the system- specifically when it comes to other states and their respective processes whether you admit so or not.
Keep dreaming...

Maybe you should use this opportunity to give yourself a civics lesson.

Maybe you should use this opportunity to find that politics are politics and not a reason to storm the capital? We all have different opinions...storming the capital is not an option.

Trump is a fraud and criminal. Your own party leaders have stated this. Get a grip. Be a good Ag and pull your head out of your ass!

If not, we welcome your demis!

Maybe you should use this opportunity to find that politics are politics and not a reason to storm the capital? We all have different opinions...storming the capital is not an option.
You seem to have me confused with someone. I didn't storm the capitol or suggest it was an option.

I'm not going to argue against made up positions you assign to me.

Trump is a fraud and criminal. Your own party leaders have stated this. Get a grip. Be a good Ag and pull your head out of your ass!

If not, we welcome your demis!
The GOP are rats, they go with whatever is politically expedient. There are things I don't like about Trump. the tweets against private citizens (I am fine with them against media or other politicians). The false religious push, we know what he has been, to make him out like Billy Graham is fake (but we have seen fake from all politicians, Hillary and her "black lingo" in a church comes to mind). But you need to ask yourself why does he have this support, from the working class, from an increased level of minorities the GOP couldn't dream of. Those groups saw positives in their lives his 4 years brought. Midle class yearly income on average up $6500 prior to pandemic. That is a lasting footprint on their lives. If he was a Fraud or Criminal you would have seen it in the impeachment trial and all they pushed was a fake story bought and paid for by Hillary. And what you see now are all aspects of the swamp converging around him, stretching stories to push him out. D.C. wants business as usual. the military complex wants a war to profit from. That is the next 4 years. The one thing their grand plans don't include are those working people, they will be lost again.

Mark I'm an old guy. Tired of the politics. Don't know how to unsubscribe, please cancel my subscription.

Mark I'm an old guy. Tired of the politics. Don't know how to unsubscribe, please cancel my subscription.
Or you could just go back to the football board. This was branched off for a reason. Personal choice to click.

The GOP are rats, they go with whatever is politically expedient. There are things I don't like about Trump. the tweets against private citizens (I am fine with them against media or other politicians). The false religious push, we know what he has been, to make him out like Billy Graham is fake (but we have seen fake from all politicians, Hillary and her "black lingo" in a church comes to mind). But you need to ask yourself why does he have this support, from the working class, from an increased level of minorities the GOP couldn't dream of. Those groups saw positives in their lives his 4 years brought. Midle class yearly income on average up $6500 prior to pandemic. That is a lasting footprint on their lives. If he was a Fraud or Criminal you would have seen it in the impeachment trial and all they pushed was a fake story bought and paid for by Hillary. And what you see now are all aspects of the swamp converging around him, stretching stories to push him out. D.C. wants business as usual. the military complex wants a war to profit from. That is the next 4 years. The one thing their grand plans don't include are those working people, they will be lost again.
Ksig44, I take your point. There were several things Trump undertook that were worthwhile (tax reform, building up the military, China trade policy, warp speed, etc.). But what the past four years have demonstrated is that even the best policies can be undone by overreach, wacky tweets, promoting easily discredited conspiracy theories (starting with the birther movement), and an abrasive personality that made good, talented people not want to work with him (Tillerson, several chiefs of staff, and a host of military leaders). In the end, his personality disorder resulted in his cult of personality doing the unthinkable. It will cost him his legacy and may damage the Republican Party for several election cycles to come.

Seems odd some of the same posters who defended a horrible lawyer and his wife who pointed guns at people walking down a street are mad that someone used a gun against a protestor inside the f-ing Capital. It’s the US capital people.

Figured we’d have one of those badass Robocop 2 things on patrol.

I mean... that was as presidential as Trump has ever been. I had to click through and check twitter as I assumed this was some kind of fake video. Good for him.

Seems odd some of the same posters who defended a horrible lawyer and his wife who pointed guns at people walking down a street are mad that someone used a gun against a protestor inside the f-ing Capital. It’s the US capital people.

Figured we’d have one of those badass Robocop 2 things on patrol.
My only issue is this was an unarmed group of people. Yes they were outmanned but thre was only one shot fired and it was his at that woman. Biden (or maybe it was Pelosi) called them an armed group and that was a lie.

Ksig44, I take your point. There were several things Trump undertook that were worthwhile (tax reform, building up the military, China trade policy, warp speed, etc.). But what the past four years have demonstrated is that even the best policies can be undone by overreach, wacky tweets, promoting easily discredited conspiracy theories (starting with the birther movement), and an abrasive personality that made good, talented people not want to work with him (Tillerson, several chiefs of staff, and a host of military leaders). In the end, his personality disorder resulted in his cult of personality doing the unthinkable. It will cost him his legacy and may damage the Republican Party for several election cycles to come.
And I get it, I really do but how much was a media as well that was on full attack mode 24/7. Those good things you mentioned they could never be truthful about. This is also a media that seems to make a villain of every GOP president back to Reagan (the dumb cowboy) and protects every democrat and even makes them into icon Gods in pop culture. There is your cult of personality in full display. Same way you see thousands of items in merchandise for RBG and nothing for Scalia. Both iconic Justices but only one (the liberal one) made into a sue do-God. Trump has his issues sure, but if you are ignoring this brain washing you get day to day then you are ignoring a HUGE problem. He cot caught up in it by going after it.

And then we have the swamp. It's not one party, it's D.C. in total. McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, Graham. There isn't much that separates them and you are seeing it now. Let's not forget that when Trump came in he tried to get things moving on plans he promised and voters wanted (the Wall) and the all fought him on it initially. Then the polls started getting better for him among the republicans and like clockwork the spineless GOP started coming around. And now with him leaving they are worried about their acceptance in the D.C. social scene post Trump and are driving the bus over him. D.C. overall is an issue for common America. They are vastly out of touch and you saw it with the stimulus. Pelosi holding it back to hurt Trump. McConnell not understanding the difference in help 600 to 2000 is for those hurting and never mind the pork attached to other programs and countries that were 4 times the amount for the actual stimulus. Then there is China. You have Hunter which does link to Joe. You have other dems that just can't stay away from Chinese spies like Eric Swalwell and Diane Feinstein. Swalwell heads the House intelligence committee but he is deemed far to valuable to be forced to drop that chairmanship? Sorry, no one is that valuable once they are linked like that.

Trump was good if for nothing else than to shake up the pig stye that Washington has become. I feel it also showed us just how tied together the whole town really is and not in a good way. Would it have better if he was a bit more polished, sure. But again, the twitter thing no matter how painful it got was a necessary tool against a media that will not report truths and embellish lies.

And BTW, Hillary started the birther movement when she was running against Obama in 2008.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smasher200
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT