ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the capitol

Google can do what they want. That’s not communism. I thought you guys were all for free enterprise, no regulation and businesses doing whatever they want?

I assume Parler has a website also.

Also, they were posting about killing congresspeople.

Google can do what they want. That’s not communism. I thought you guys were all for free enterprise, no regulation and businesses doing whatever they want?

I assume Parler has a website also.

Also, they were posting about killing congresspeople.
This is silencing the opposition. You Tube just deleted Steve Banon, That was a top program for that site. Not sure how killing that is a positive towards free enterprise and their bottom line for them. I am not fully voiced on 230, but I thought free speech and being open to both sides was the trade off for law suit protections under 230.

It was not a trade off for 230.

Did you guys support the cake company that wouldn’t make cakes for a gay wedding? Companies can make their own rules. They aren’t required to allow everyone to use their services.

Did you guys support the cake company that wouldn’t make cakes for a gay wedding? Companies can make their own rules. They aren’t required to allow everyone to use their services.
Understood, but I think what it is esablishing is how they run a monopoly in ways. If Apple and Google ban a app, where else is there?

I support a business owners running their business as they see fit. If you are going to force someone to bake a cake for something they don’t agree with restaurants who run conservatives out should be fined accordingly. Ted Cruz and his wife should not be kicked out of a restaurant because of him being a republican no more than he should be kicked out for being Hispanic. But that’s not the world we live in. If you are going to force one business to provide their services by force you need to be consistent but we both know that’s not happening. So we will continue to live in a society where it is perfect acceptable to ban conservatives from Twitter and Facebook while allowing them to be accosted in restaurants with no consequences. Meanwhile Twitter and Facebook are perfectly fine with the Ayatollah’s wishes for death to America and all Jews. The NBA can scream America is the most racist country in the world and BLM can burn down cities while China actually has slaves and camps they are enslaving brown people and no one says a word. It’s all bullshit and democrats are perfectly fine with it as long as conservatives are the ones silenced

Understood, but I think what it is esablishing is how they run a monopoly in ways. If Apple and Google ban a app, where else is there?
I don’t know that platform but I assume it has a website, right? Parler.com?

Im not sure how I feel about this yet. It’s not a 1st amendment thing though, and they can do what they want. Just not sure it’s the right play. But I also understand taking down content on your platform when it does things like call for and discuss the murdering of elected officials.

I support a business owners running their business as they see fit. If you are going to force someone to bake a cake for something they don’t agree with restaurants who run conservatives out should be fined accordingly. Ted Cruz and his wife should not be kicked out of a restaurant because of him being a republican no more than he should be kicked out for being Hispanic. But that’s not the world we live in. If you are going to force one business to provide their services by force you need to be consistent but we both know that’s not happening. So we will continue to live in a society where it is perfect acceptable to ban conservatives from Twitter and Facebook while allowing them to be accosted in restaurants with no consequences. Meanwhile Twitter and Facebook are perfectly fine with the Ayatollah’s wishes for death to America and all Jews. The NBA can scream America is the most racist country in the world and BLM can burn down cities while China actually has slaves and camps they are enslaving brown people and no one says a word. It’s all bullshit and democrats are perfectly fine with it as long as conservatives are the ones silenced
You’ve been more engaging in convo than recently tonight, but I honestly don’t know what you’re saying here. This is all over the place and I just don’t understand your point at all.

You’ve been more engaging in convo than recently tonight, but I honestly don’t know what you’re saying here. This is all over the place and I just don’t understand your point at all.
It’s probably the meds. Had dental surgery today and had 2 posts drilled into my jaw. Might be a little loopy

I don’t know that platform but I assume it has a website, right? Parler.com?

Im not sure how I feel about this yet. It’s not a 1st amendment thing though, and they can do what they want. Just not sure it’s the right play. But I also understand taking down content on your platform when it does things like call for and discuss the murdering of elected officials.
Oh most certainly, but I am sure there are laws that protect and require that. I am just talking sites being pulled down for difference in idea. And yes, Parler is a .com but the app industry is a buliness so you have two companies that hold a majority (if not all) of the industry and if both decide to kill an app then it's killed (revenue loss aside for that app). There is a monopoly or oligopoly aspect to this but business law was a long time ago.

Oh most certainly, but I am sure there are laws that protect and require that. I am just talking sites being pulled down for difference in idea. And yes, Parler is a .com but the app industry is a buliness so you have two companies that hold a majority (if not all) of the industry and if both decide to kill an app then it's killed (revenue loss aside for that app). There is a monopoly or oligopoly aspect to this but business law was a long time ago.
I’m not disagreeing. Twitter banning Trump seemed weird and bad timing. He’s still the POTUS. He should still be able to get out his message as long as it isn’t evoking violence which I don’t think he has via Twitter (maybe I missed something?). Though he can always hold a press conference and he will be covered.

I’m not disagreeing. Twitter banning Trump seemed weird and bad timing. He’s still the POTUS. He should still be able to get out his message as long as it isn’t evoking violence which I don’t think he has via Twitter (maybe I missed something?). Though he can always hold a press conference and he will be covered.
But covered by who? Remember the MSM threatened at one point to not carry his PCs and when they do they are less than straight forward with them. It's to the point only the little places like OAN and Newsmax will cover it unedited. This is a continuation of the original issue. And it's not just Trump they banned, anyone attached is getting it as well.

If Trump holds a press conference it is getting covered by everyone. Especially now.

I get your point, but everyone would cover anything now because, if nothing else, they would be expecting it to be some massive meltdown that they’d want to cover.

If Trump holds a press conference it is getting covered by everyone. Especially now.

I get your point, but everyone would cover anything now because, if nothing else, they would be expecting it to be some massive meltdown that they’d want to cover.
And when it wasn't and it turned out to be civil what would the commentators from the MSM say? Downplay it? Still find fault? This is a group that is supposed to report and allow you to judge but if all you hear is negative no matter what is said or done how do you thin it will turn out? it's amazing that even after all of that for 4 years he sill had approval floating around 50%

Google can do what they want. That’s not communism. I thought you guys were
Good article on section 230

Back a couple of years ago, the discussion on many blogs was how to ’nudge’ a conversation on the Internet. It was a stated premise that would gently move the discussion in your favor. and subsequently gain momentum for the desired outcome. Sinister or good tactic ? Therein was the discussion...

Fast forward to today when @twitter can permanently ban content of political view. First, I reject the premise that President Trump caused the riot. I’m using the term ‘riot’ because of the literal meaning of the word not because anything was burned or looted. Let’s just not go there.

The big tech section 230 clause is being used by the big tech to subvert free speech. You know it, I know it and they don’t care. THAT’S the problem. It’s just too obvious when accounts from totalitarian countries are ignored and one party Views here in the USA get you banned. It needs to be limited. Maybe a RICO investigation instead of section 230. Maybe an AntiTrust investigation? The companies, right now, are running the show and not concerned about your or my 1st Amendment rights.

Reactions: ITS BK
Read this and watch the video in it of the shooting from four angles. They were breaking into the House Chambers through a broken glass window because there was a barricade with officers pointing guns at her. She was the first to go through and was shot about half way through the window.

I do not understand this group calling that murder. A mob broke through a barricade and was going to the House of Representatives chamber while members were there and charging armed police.

I agree with this, although I’m not sure the girl fully understood the situation. She just walked up saw what was going on and said “I can fit through there.”

Like most police shootings I think this was sad and avoidable, but justified.

The big tech section 230 clause is being used by the big tech to subvert free speech.

It’s not free speech. At all. We don’t have a 1st amendment right to be on Pinterest.

Maybe a RICO investigation instead of section 230. Maybe an AntiTrust investigation? The companies, right now, are running the show and not concerned about your or my 1st Amendment rights.

You should Google RICO and antitrust before trying to use them in a sentence.

And yeah - Twitter is not concerned about your 1st amendment rights. Because they aren’t the government. Whataburger is likewise unconcerned about your 3rd amendment right to not be forced to quarter soldiers. Those two things are equally applicable.

Reactions: jeffmc and bcg_2006
I think so. That cop needs to be charged with murder and tried. Let the courts decide if his life was in danger and thus a justified killing. Just like all the other officer shootings in this country.
Yeah oldag - these folks definitely thought this was a place they were allowed to be in.

It’s not free speech. At all. We don’t have a 1st amendment right to be on Pinterest.

You should Google RICO and antitrust before trying to use them in a sentence.

And yeah - Twitter is not concerned about your 1st amendment rights. Because they aren’t the government. Whataburger is likewise unconcerned about your 3rd amendment right to not be forced to quarter soldiers. Those two things are equally applicable.
... and the elitist emerges full force! This is what I get for trying to discuss a concern with you. ,,,

I’ll take slight difference to your interpretation of 1st amendment.. I think that there are a number of civil rights cases that would disagree with that; as in ‘ its my store and I don’t have to serve you here’. Another would be the generally accepted rule of not being able to yell ‘fire’ in a crowded theater also comes to mind. My larger point is that these social media platforms were initiated with the concept of free speech. Now, you want to exclude CERTAIN free speech. If you want to have the section 230 exemption then particularly political speech should not be limited.

Lastly, I get it that RICO might be a reach but AntiTrust is right down the road of monopolies.

Dad - did you read that section 230 article I posted? It’s a pretty good read and sets out the historical background. It also says why the law says Twitter or whoever can do what they did.

here is the washington "democracy dies in darkness" post spiking the ball after CNN and MSNBC cut away from a Trump press conference in April.

NYT doing the same in a november press conference:

here is some more:

the media has declared themselves the arbiters of truth. any information outside of what they see fit for your consumption is not challenged or even ignored, it is buried. when this information is covered by a low budget/unknown outfit (because no one else is covering it), they are quickly labeled as conspiracy theorists. social media is probably worse than news media in the burial regard.

we saw the MSM label the hunter/laptop story a "manufactured conspiracy", then turn around immediately after the election and tell us that hunter had actually been under investigation since 2018.

We are being force fed an agenda, and not allowed to even discuss anything seen as not being in compliance with the party line. Google won’t find the information you’re looking for, but the information they want you to have.

all this is doing is leading to more actual "fake news". people are having to get further and further into the weeds to find something they at least think may not have been compromised...and there is a lot of bullshit in the weeds.

the audacity of these companies should terrify and anger you.

Last edited:
I don’t know what to make of this, but if you accept it’s true at lot of things suddenly start making more sense. Could this be why the sudden crackdown on conservative voices? Could this be why trump pleaded so hard with pence to reject the electors? Why kicking people off Twitter isn’t enough, they need to deplatform Parler as well?

Just listen to at least the first 10 minutes so I don’t have to try to give you the short version. It alleges voter fraud involving members of the CIA, Obama, the former PM of Italy, and Italian aerospace company Leonardo SP with very specific information including how the operation was conducted and funded. Looks like this is the last information Flynn was tweeting about before he got kicked off Twitter and then a cascade of other people started getting kicked off shortly there after. This is the information they don’t want out there, whether it's true or not. It's also why they fear what Trump may do because they know he's aware of it.

https://gofile.io/d/rCkERb

Last edited:
Right! And the next time a police officer wails away on a BLM protestor like the one in this video ... just kiss my ass! No sympathy from my end.
No sympathy for an officer killed or injured bc somewhere else in the past an officer was also injured by someone you don’t like? Your logic is super sound and definitely not some old man devoid of independent thought.

Personally, I have sympathy for both.

It’s troubling you cannot see that both riots and looting this summer and storming the Capitol are wrong. But whatever Trump tells you I guess.

Reactions: CSAg03
No sympathy for an officer killed or injured bc somewhere else in the past an officer was also injured by someone you don’t like? Your logic is super sound and definitely not some old man devoid of independent thought.

Personally, I have sympathy for both.

It’s troubling you cannot see that both riots and looting this summer and storming the Capitol are wrong. But whatever Trump tells you I guess.
No, my point is they ARE both wrong but that you Dems were silent on the summer riots and are amping up now because you think you can get at Trump.

But then ... I won’t demean you for being a child

Last edited:
Reactions: BDB99
No, my point is the ARE both wrong but that you Dems were silent on the summer riots and are amping up now because you think you can get at Trump.

But then ... I won’t demean you for being a child
I don’t know who “you Dems” are. Plenty were outspoken about violence.

And nobody needs to “get at Trump.” He has 10 more days.

She had a backpack on, broke through a barricade, was coming at officers holding guns who were protecting congresspeople. And there is a huge crowd who were likely to follow her if no actions were taken and they were going to enter the House Chambers.

It is bat shit crazy to say everything in your post. Just trespassing... Come on. It’s not like she jumped a fence at a ranch to fetch a baseball. She was storming the f’n House of Representatives while members where in the chambers. The V.P. Had just been evacuated.

How you can say this is akin to killing a handcuffed man you know is unarmed accused of passing a fake $10 bill is ludicrous.
Your trying to inflate an unarmed woman trespassing as being justifiably gunned down is equally ludicrous I would venture.

I don’t know who “you Dems” are. Plenty were outspoken about violence.

And nobody needs to “get at Trump.” He has 10 more days.
None that were outspoken about it ... until your poll numbers started slipping. Then it was very equivocal at best.

I’ll remember to remind you of that later this week.

As previously stated I don’t know the rules of that building. Looks like public space to me. If the woman who was murdered for being in the wrong place then her most heinous crime is that of trespassing. She was not threatening the officer.
You can watch videos of police barriers being broken down, cops overrun and one murdered and conclude the place they were going was public. That says it all.

Also, she was charging at the officer who was the last line of defense to the House of Representatives while he had a gun pointed at her. Just a tad more than being at the wrong place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT