ADVERTISEMENT

Mask mandates coming back...??

Let me tell you something about this vaccine phobia. My older brother died suddenly in early March, and I just found out that it was the vaccine itself which killed him. He was in overall good health, did not have covid, and the only pre-existing conditions he had were his age (71) and elevated blood pressure (controlled by meds).

He had a reaction to the vaccine, went into the emergency room the next night, and died the next day. He did not die from covid but from the vaccine, from a pulmonary embolism which occurred as a direct result of the vaccine.

I think anyone who criticizes someone else for vaccine phobia ought to keep this kind of thing in mind before they speak.

It's difficult, if not impossible, to get a clear picture of how many serious health events and deaths have been caused by the vaccine. The CDC's VAERS system is used to report "adverse events", including deaths, which occur after vaccination, but since it's a passive and voluntary system, only a relatively small percentage (edited: probably less than 30% - see below) of all adverse events associated with any vaccine are actually reported and recorded in this system. So the CDC's conclusion, that only between 2 and 5 vaccinated people die for every 1 million vaccines given, is very probably based on massively incomplete information.

But the CDC doesn't tell you this. Neither does the media. That means people can't make completely informed decisions. And since the vaccine makers are immune from lawsuits, my sister in law now has no legal recourse to seek damages.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33039207/

My Wife took the Moderna vaccine 2nd dose about 5 mnths ago. Ever since then she has had a strange issue with balance and dizzyness and has even been unable to drive due to that. She has seen several doctors (at least 20 now) who can not explain what the issue is. We have not really considered it as being a response to the vaccine until recently as nothing else seems to account for it. Luckily our kids are driving age now at least two of the three are so they can assist with getting her to and from appointments.

BTW, thanks, Cheeky. I knew what you meant - my point is that I don't think the government is being transparent or honest with us about the potential risks.
The only true bi-partisan thing coming out of DC is misinformation.

Reactions: Rick77
funny, because the same people note here that the largest percentage unvaccinated are blacks

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

And, regarding the unvaccinated younger population, cross-reference that with the hospitalizations and deaths and it ain’t that group.

Which bears out what everyone has been saying for months. If you’re at risk of a serious case or there are vulnerable around you (such as the folks in here with the transplant/immunosuppressed) then get the vax. If you’re not in that risk group you’re almost 100% going to be fine. And if you’ve already had covid you will definitely be fine.
You talk in absolutes when there are none. Almost 100% fine applies to those who've gotten vaccinated but experience break through infection. You forget, however, that the virus continues to be an issue when it can continue to spread. Being near 100% OK personally is not the same as participating in getting vaccinated so that people do not continue to needlessly and endlessly pass the virus around and around and around.

A solution is right in front of our eyes. The safety is signifiant. Not getting vaccinated (other than a few very unique medical circumstances) is a right but a selfish choice.

Reactions: Tom_100
You talk in absolutes when there are none. Almost 100% fine applies to those who've gotten vaccinated but experience break through infection. You forget, however, that the virus continues to be an issue when it can continue to spread. Being near 100% OK personally is not the same as participating in getting vaccinated so that people do not continue to needlessly and endlessly pass the virus around and around and around.

A solution is right in front of our eyes. The safety is signifiant. Not getting vaccinated (other than a few very unique medical circumstances) is a right but a selfish choice.
The vaccine does not work. Dr. Fauci was on face the nation yesterday saying vaccinated and not vaccinated are getting and spreading covid-19 almost equally. Lindsey Graham tested positive for covid and is fully vaccinated.

Reactions: ck10782
My wife’s Dr. who works the Hospital on the weekends told her the vaccinated people coming in are blue hairs or have other issues and are getting oxygen for 2 days then going home. The unvaccinated are dying at a rate he has never seen. Not political just a viewpoint from a Dr. that’s there in person every weekend seeing what’s going on.

My wife’s Dr. who works the Hospital on the weekends told her the vaccinated people coming in are blue hairs or have other issues and are getting oxygen for 2 days then going home. The unvaccinated are dying at a rate he has never seen. Not political just a viewpoint from a Dr. that’s there in person every weekend seeing what’s going on.

your wife’s doc is full of shit or wasn’t actually in the hospital before because the numbers still dying are a fraction of what they were last year

My wife’s Dr is reporting what he is seeing. Dude why would he lie. I already had Covid so give 2 flying fcks. My neighbors wife is a nurse at wolfs children’s hospital in Jacksonville and the kids in the hospital are doubling weekly. I’m not lying.

The vaccine does not work. Dr. Fauci was on face the nation yesterday saying vaccinated and not vaccinated are getting and spreading covid-19 almost equally. Lindsey Graham tested positive for covid and is fully vaccinated.
The vaccine works great if put in the same context as the flu vaccine. It will prevent you from getting a specific strain but will also greatly reduce the impact of other strains.

We talked about this here pre-Covid re: flu shot. If your hesitations are due to it not working you are grossly misinformed. There are valid reasons for hesitancy, but effectiveness is not one. People who were vaccinated and getting hospitalized make up .0027% of those vaccinated in the US and the deaths .0007% of those vaccinated, compare that against unvaccinated numbers. It works, period. You might get the sniffles for a few days but drastically reduces the chances for hospitalization and death.

I’m sure most don’t remember, but back in Feb-March the CDC and Biden was getting hammered by professionals telling people they still had to mask after vaccination. It was for this exact reason. You wanted people exposed to the variants the vaccine works for. I explained that at the beginning of the thread. Folks wouldn’t even get sniffles most likely and be armed and primed for variants, which would do next to nothing if anything at all. That delay didn’t cause this but it contributed. This was always only a “vaccine” for the classic version and a “therapeutic” for future variants, of which it works extremely well as detailed.

Point out the experimental nature, the obfuscation of side effects from government, lack of long term data, the new untested technology, valid arguments, but efficacy? No, the data is clear it saves not just $$ hospital bills but lives. We’re all gonna get COVID-19. It’s a matter of when not if. How you chose to deal with it when you get it is up to you and your PCP, but the data is clear, the vaccine works.

My wife’s Dr is reporting what he is seeing. Dude why would he lie. I already had Covid so give 2 flying fcks. My neighbors wife is a nurse at wolfs children’s hospital in Jacksonville and the kids in the hospital are doubling weekly. I’m not lying.

Because every single data aggregation out there from the CDC on down simply doesn’t support what you’re claiming.

The data is already in. Delta is not serious for kids unless they’re already sick with other problems. And nor is it killing anybody, even the unvaccinated at an high rate. The rates of hospitalizations and deaths for the unvaccinated are substantially lower than they were for the original strain over a year ago.

The vaccine works great if put in the same context as the flu vaccine. It will prevent you from getting a specific strain but will also greatly reduce the impact of other strains.

We talked about this here pre-Covid re: flu shot. If your hesitations are due to it not working you are grossly misinformed. There are valid reasons for hesitancy, but effectiveness is not one. People who were vaccinated and getting hospitalized make up .0027% of those vaccinated in the US and the deaths .0007% of those vaccinated, compare that against unvaccinated numbers. It works, period. You might get the sniffles for a few days but drastically reduces the chances for hospitalization and death.

I’m sure most don’t remember, but back in Feb-March the CDC and Biden was getting hammered by professionals telling people they still had to mask after vaccination. It was for this exact reason. You wanted people exposed to the variants the vaccine works for. I explained that at the beginning of the thread. Folks wouldn’t even get sniffles most likely and be armed and primed for variants, which would do next to nothing if anything at all. That delay didn’t cause this but it contributed. This was always only a “vaccine” for the classic version and a “therapeutic” for future variants, of which it works extremely well as detailed.

Point out the experimental nature, the obfuscation of side effects from government, lack of long term data, the new untested technology, valid arguments, but efficacy? No, the data is clear it saves not just $$ hospital bills but lives. We’re all gonna get COVID-19. It’s a matter of when not if. How you chose to deal with it when you get it is up to you and your PCP, but the data is clear, the vaccine works.
How about “after the manufacturers have legal liability for side effects, like every other drug approved by the FDA.”

According the state of Texas, I exist to see to it that my kids are provided for (which I completely accept) and to see to it that whore I married can avoid working (🖕🏼Bexar County Family Court, spousal maintenance and every family law attorney Democrat on the committee in Austin that refuses to even give equal parenting a hearing on the floor).

Let’s say the worst happens. I get Covid (again) and die. The kids, through my sister, will get my life insurance and survivor’s benefits until they’re 18.

But if I get that vaccine and become one of the f-ing unlucky ones who get the lab rat treatment and get side effects to where I can’t work, they get SSI and I’m doomed to poverty until I die. And the assholes who got an emergency use authorization won’t even see a bump in their stock price. And I have zero legal recourse at all.

I know, I know. “You could transmit it to someone who could get it and die.”

And?

I could also transmit the flu and kill someone.

As someone who had COVID and survived, I have zero reason to ingest any damn thing that a multi billion dollar drug company concocts that I can’t sue their asses off for if I become incapacitated.

7-day average deaths for the entire state of GA, population 10,000,000+:

Because every single data aggregation out there from the CDC on down simply doesn’t support what you’re claiming.

The data is already in. Delta is not serious for kids unless they’re already sick with other problems. And nor is it killing anybody, even the unvaccinated at an high rate. The rates of hospitalizations and deaths for the unvaccinated are substantially lower than they were for the original strain over a year ago.
Dude I’m just telling you what people in the hospitals are telling me. You can do all the damn Google searches you want. I’m telling you what I know from people seeing it everyday. Not sure what else to say.

Dude I’m just telling you what people in the hospitals are telling me. You can do all the damn Google searches you want. I’m telling you what I know from people seeing it everyday. Not sure what else to say.

Because you’ve proven to be full of shit yourself. If the hospitalizations and deaths, especially for kids, was anywhere close to last year it would be shouted from the rooftops. The media wants this to go on and so does the left, they’re not going to cover anything up.

Reactions: slgilmore
That’s called “anecdotal evidence.”

According to my immediate experience it’s really hot all the time, so it must be really hot everywhere, including Siberia and Finland.

How about “after the manufacturers have legal liability for side effects, like every other drug approved by the FDA.”

According the state of Texas, I exist to see to it that my kids are provided for (which I completely accept) and to see to it that whore I married can avoid working (🖕🏼Bexar County Family Court, spousal maintenance and every family law attorney Democrat on the committee in Austin that refuses to even give equal parenting a hearing on the floor).

Let’s say the worst happens. I get Covid (again) and die. The kids, through my sister, will get my life insurance and survivor’s benefits until they’re 18.

But if I get that vaccine and become one of the f-ing unlucky ones who get the lab rat treatment and get side effects to where I can’t work, they get SSI and I’m doomed to poverty until I die. And the assholes who got an emergency use authorization won’t even see a bump in their stock price. And I have zero legal recourse at all.

I know, I know. “You could transmit it to someone who could get it and die.”

And?

I could also transmit the flu and kill someone.

As someone who had COVID and survived, I have zero reason to ingest any damn thing that a multi billion dollar drug company concocts that I can’t sue their asses off for if I become incapacitated.
And you shouldn’t, having had Covid. Also, the pharmaceutical companies getting a pass on lawsuits was needed for the EUA, but should be dropped as soon as that is.

The government and media has a huge part of not the major part to play in all this with their constant bullshit and flip-flopping based on political reasons, not scientific. Zero transparency and changing directions on a whim means zero faith. I don’t blame a damn soul for not trusting the government here, hell I don’t either.

I’m not saying kids are dying, but my neighbors wife who is a nurse at Wolfs in Jacksonville has never seen this many kids admitted for COVID. She has been there since 2017. They are making an entire Covid wing now. I’m not making this up.

Jacksonville Fl is the epicenter of Covid. I’m 64 miles north Camden county GA is crazy with Covid cases, they all drive to Jacksonville to the hospital
FL 7-day avg is 58. 1/3 of what it was in January.

if jax is soaking up all of the death numbers then the rest of FL and GA (combined pop 31+mm) is not seeing many deaths and I’m not sure what it has to do with the larger discussion.

Georgia had confirmed 4400 cases today and 21 deaths. Camden county is averaging 348 cases per 100,000 residents. Not sure what site you are getting your Dara from. Also my work is shutdown due to a huge Covid outbreak. Delta is wreaking havoc

Please, give source for death rate data for those vaccinated. The Whitehouse and CDC are hiding the data. Israel is showing the hospital rate is higher for those vaccinated. This is why they are giving booster shots.

Please, give source for death rate data for those vaccinated. The Whitehouse and CDC are hiding the data. Israel is showing the hospital rate is higher for those vaccinated. This is why they are giving booster shots.
The Israel data is confusing because 85% of their population is vaccinated, and population is really low compared to ours. Their death rates are still really low. We have a much lower rate of vaccination and much higher population. Great Britain would be a better base to get data from

Georgia had confirmed 4400 cases today and 21 deaths. Camden county is averaging 348 cases per 100,000 residents. Not sure what site you are getting your Dara from. Also my work is shutdown due to a huge Covid outbreak. Delta is wreaking havoc
Google Georgia covid deaths and the graphic that pops up is provided by the New York Times, fwiw.

Reactions: wick
Dude, it was in the cover of the post, not Washington, but NY.

Its in this thread.

And if that’s what you are getting out of the Israel numbers it’s time for you to go back to college station and retake statistics. When you have 90% of your population vaccinated, the majority of hospitalizations will be vaccinated.

I saw the latest Israeli numbers this morning, the numbers are low in total hospitalizations and percentage by age of vaccinated and unvaccinated skew against their percentage of that age group unvaccinated.

here’s some numbers, if the vaccine was ineffective and you had 90% of your population vaccinated? Wouldn’t 90% of seriously ill hospitalizations be from vaccinated? Not 66%? New cases are 50/50, but as I said, preventing Covid is not what this vaccine does or ever did, truly, as it’s only a way to generate antibodies not t-cell response.

If the vaccine was ineffective those numbers would be 90% vaccinated, 10% unvaccinated, not 34%. We need more specifics around demographics, but the numbers don’t show a placebo.

Last edited:
Not to split hairs over 9 or 21, but death reports either side of a weekend have been buggy because they don’t report over the weekend. The trend to watch is 7-day avg.

Ga website says the 7-d is 9, btw.

The Israel data is confusing because 85% of their population is vaccinated, and population is really low compared to ours. Their death rates are still really low. We have a much lower rate of vaccination and much higher population. Great Britain would be a better base to get data from
And yet Israel is giving booster shots because death rates are so low and the original vaccine works. Our vaccination rate is supposed to be above 60%. Over a 100 million are supposed to have had covid-19 here in the US. That doesn't leave many people to be filling up hospitals, if the vaccine only gives sniffles.

And yet Israel is giving booster shots because death rates are so low and the original vaccine works. Our vaccination rate is supposed to be above 60%. Over a 100 million are supposed to have had covid-19 here in the US. That doesn't leave many people to be filling up hospitals, if the vaccine only gives sniffles.
Let me see where 100 million has already had Covid. You can’t show me!

Listen I’m not pro or anti vaccination. Me and my neighbors are all Republicans and I’m just telling you the facts from people on the ground here. Damn why are y’all so reluctant to accept what Doctors and Nurses are telling me. I’ll get new numbers from Wolfs children’s hospital when my neighbors wife gets home in the morning.

I’ll put this as simple as I can. If your definition of the vaccine working is preventing getting Covid at all, then yes, they don’t work, and weren’t designed to work (which would be weird)

If it is to prevent severe cases, hospitalizations, and death, then it works very very well.

it was only going to do the prior for the first strains. The virus was always going to mutate along the path of least resistance, which was the same spike proteins the vaccine was made for. It is also going to mutate to be more easily spread but less deadly. Delta isn’t quite there yet, but the next few will be there. Covid was always, and I said this well over a year ago on here, going to be another endemic disease.

There are plenty of logical reasons why folks say that they don’t want the vaccine and I won’t argue against them, they, IMO are valid, even if I personally don’t agree. The one reason I can’t agree on validity is the efficacy. Maybe that’s because I knew all along this was going to be like the flu eventually, and understood the need for a “therapeutic” vaccine like the flu, instead of people chasing cures. So I expected exactly this result from the vaccine.

I’ve not told anyone they should get it, that ain’t my business. That’s between you, your family, your PCP, and God. That being said, I’m not going to ignore misinformation that would steer that decision. If you see the efficacy numbers for the vaccine and still believe it’s not for you, that the risk is too high then good. You made a rational decision, telling people it doesn’t work though is complete and utter BS that is easily disproven, even with the supposed contrarian examples provided.

I’ll put this as simple as I can. If your definition of the vaccine working is preventing getting Covid at all, then yes, they don’t work, and weren’t designed to work (which would be weird)

If it is to prevent severe cases, hospitalizations, and death, then it works very very well.

it was only going to do the prior for the first strains. The virus was always going to mutate along the path of least resistance, which was the same spike proteins the vaccine was made for. It is also going to mutate to be more easily spread but less deadly. Delta isn’t quite there yet, but the next few will be there. Covid was always, and I said this well over a year ago on here, going to be another endemic disease.

There are plenty of logical reasons why folks say that they don’t want the vaccine and I won’t argue against them, they, IMO are valid, even if I personally don’t agree. The one reason I can’t agree on validity is the efficacy. Maybe that’s because I knew all along this was going to be like the flu eventually, and understood the need for a “therapeutic” vaccine like the flu, instead of people chasing cures. So I expected exactly this result from the vaccine.

I’ve not told anyone they should get it, that ain’t my business. That’s between you, your family, your PCP, and God. That being said, I’m not going to ignore misinformation that would steer that decision. If you see the efficacy numbers for the vaccine and still believe it’s not for you, that the risk is too high then good. You made a rational decision, telling people it doesn’t work though is complete and utter BS that is easily disproven, even with the supposed contrarian examples provided.
Thank you! I just wanted people to see what our area is going through where we only have a 33% to 40% vaccinated population in my 2 counties closest to me

You haven't disproven anything. You gave outdated data from a news paper. Go state by state medical data if you are interested in up to date data.

You haven't disproven anything. You gave outdated data from a news paper. Go state by state medical data if you are interested in up to date data.
What’s funny is I I have been trying to tell you what’s going on in South Georgia and North Florida and you act like you don’t believe me. Unreal

Can someone help me reconcile these two articles?

Got the 2nd dose (Moderna) in May. Last Thursday, I developed some pretty noticeable symptoms (bad headache/sinus pressure). Lasted about 24 hrs. Lost sense of smell and taste in the process. Took a home test on Saturday to confirm my suspicions and was positive. Still can’t smell anything. Taste seems to be slowly coming back.

I’m 33 and in good health. Never sick. I would not have gotten the vaccine had I not been traveling so much this summer and thought vaccination record may be required (my company now requires it for international travel).

For me it is similar to the normal flu vaccine - seemingly the only times I get the flu are the years that I get a flu shot. I think my natural immune response is better than a vaccine-aided immune response. Over the year and a half prior to the vaccine, I had zero suspicions of being infected and did not limit my lifestyle (gym, work, only wore masks where required, etc). I get the vaccine and in 3 months I get it.

Do I think the vaccine worked? Maybe. Maybe it’s the Delta being worse than the other strains. Who knows.

The one thing I am certain of is that Biden is spewing a giant pile of shit out of his mouth on a daily basis. Infections of those vaccinated is not that rare (there’s a reason they aren’t tracking it) and sure as hell aren’t asymptomatic….that or maybe my immune system is just a giant pussy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT