ADVERTISEMENT

Mask mandates coming back...??

I keep hearing this same bullshit spouted by my friends on the left. What “right wing” news outlets are you referring to? I’m not a FoxNews apologist but nearly every day, they have something on their website promoting people to get the vaccine. I think this a made up narrative by the left to try and blame the right for the debacle. Granted, it’s clear that southern states are leading the charge in NOT getting the vaccine but I think schmak did a pretty good job of laying out why…this was politicized by politicians on the the left, namely our sitting VEEP, with their commentary on the “trump vaccine”. Hopefully people will open their eyes and realize that all of these politicians are assholes and don’t really have your well-being at the forefront of their logic or idealogy.

I agree the people in the South dont like to be told what to do. We like to make up our own minds. A lot of companies and schools in the NE are making the vaccine a requirement. Of course even an novice can put together a fake vaccine card.

I guess we need to buy a badge holder like at a conference to hold our cards in when we leave the house.

One way I know that masks work is because they use them in hospitals.

Until covid surgical masks were only worn over open wounds to stop bacterial infections. Other masks work with TB.

Presurgery everyone would be massless

Spread the delta varient to who ?? if a vaccinated person contracts it with no symptoms why would they care ? I wouldnt at all only makes you stronger in the future. If they contract it to a non-vaccinated person and they get really sick well that was their choice to not get the vaccine. so if that is the case and you are not vaccinated then you might want to mask up or assume the risk.

Reactions: catorano
Spread the delta varient to who ?? if a vaccinated person contracts it with no symptoms why would they care ? I wouldnt at all only makes you stronger in the future. If they contract it to a non-vaccinated person and they get really sick well that was their choice to not get the vaccine. so if that is the case and you are not vaccinated then you might want to mask up or assume the risk.
It isn’t the case

“Boy, Republicans sure are getting a bad rap for not getting vaccinated. I know! Let’s find a way to blame black people!”
9627-Figure-4.png

Link?

It makes sense that they would, but I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything concrete on that. Well, actually I’ve seen that they do and that they don’t but outside of logic I haven’t see anything definitive.

If it is an N95 mask and is worn correctly then yes. It is is your old bandana pulled up then likely doing nothing at all. In fact probably doing more harm as we all know no one is washing those things or even wearing with the same side exposed on any normal basis.

CDC's stance (over time)
1. We dont need a mask
2. Only health care workers need a mask
3. Only a N95 mask works
4. Only health care workers need a N95 mask
5. We all need mask - but dont buy the N95 type
6. Any face covering is good ..... Toilet paper must work because there is none available anywhere.
7. We dont trust the Trump vaccine
8. Get the vaccine
9. You dont need to wear a mask if vaccinated.
10. Everyone needs a mask again.
11 You need a vaccine and a mask to go to a federal building.
12. You need a mask on a plane - but you can remove it while eating or drinking. So I guess you can't transmit a virus while eating or drinking - This one statement shows the stupidity of all arguments.

So tell me again why is it that no one trust a damn word coming out of the CDC ?

I tried to look up the new breakthrough data on CDC this week, it has been removed. They did have a paragraph stating that people that are vaccinated can still get covid. The sentence that was funny was they have seen some evidence that some people that get covid after being vaccinated have less sever symptoms. They did not say they had any data or scientific study to prove this, just some evidence. They can say the same thing about people dying from getting the vaccine, or dying after getting covid-19 after being vaccinated.

I tried to look up the new breakthrough data on CDC this week, it has been removed. They did have a paragraph stating that people that are vaccinated can still get covid. The sentence that was funny was they have seen some evidence that some people that get covid after being vaccinated have less sever symptoms. They did not say they had any data or scientific study to prove this, just some evidence. They can say the same thing about people dying from getting the vaccine, or dying after getting covid-19 after being vaccinated.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

If people didn’t have a phobia of vaccines, masks wouldn’t be a topic of discussion.
Let me tell you something about this vaccine phobia. My older brother died suddenly in early March, and I just found out that it was the vaccine itself which killed him. He was in overall good health, did not have covid, and the only pre-existing conditions he had were his age (71) and elevated blood pressure (controlled by meds).

He had a reaction to the vaccine, went into the emergency room the next night, and died the next day. He did not die from covid but from the vaccine, from a pulmonary embolism which occurred as a direct result of the vaccine.

I think anyone who criticizes someone else for vaccine phobia ought to keep this kind of thing in mind before they speak.

It's difficult, if not impossible, to get a clear picture of how many serious health events and deaths have been caused by the vaccine. The CDC's VAERS system is used to report "adverse events", including deaths, which occur after vaccination, but since it's a passive and voluntary system, only a relatively small percentage (edited: probably less than 30% - see below) of all adverse events associated with any vaccine are actually reported and recorded in this system. So the CDC's conclusion, that only between 2 and 5 vaccinated people die for every 1 million vaccines given, is very probably based on massively incomplete information.

But the CDC doesn't tell you this. Neither does the media. That means people can't make completely informed decisions. And since the vaccine makers are immune from lawsuits, my sister in law now has no legal recourse to seek damages.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33039207/

Last edited:
Let me tell you something about this vaccine phobia. My older brother died suddenly in early March, and I just found out that it was the vaccine itself which killed him. He was in overall good health, did not have covid, and the only pre-existing conditions he had were his age (71) and elevated blood pressure (controlled by meds).

He had a reaction to the vaccine, went into the emergency room the next night, and died the next day. He did not die from covid but from the vaccine, from a pulmonary embolism which occurred as a direct result of the vaccine.

I think anyone who criticizes someone else for vaccine phobia ought to keep this kind of thing in mind before they speak.

It's difficult, if not impossible, to get a clear picture of how many serious health events and deaths have been caused by the vaccine. The CDC's VAERS system is used to report "adverse events", including deaths, which occur after vaccination, but since it's a passive and voluntary system, only a relatively small percentage (edited: probably less than 30% - see below) of all adverse events associated with any vaccine are actually reported and recorded in this system. So the CDC's conclusion, that only between 2 and 5 vaccinated people die for every 1 million vaccines given, is very probably based on massively incomplete information.

But the CDC doesn't tell you this. Neither does the media. That means people can't make completely informed decisions. And since the vaccine makers are immune from lawsuits, my sister in law now has no legal recourse to seek damages.

Must listen. “The vaccine is a catastrophe” - Bannon.
“If the data is consistent with ADE it must be stopped” - Dr Robert Malone

From the inventor of the mRNA vaccine. He is not anti vaccine. Quite the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: clayber
Must listen. “The vaccine is a catastrophe and must be stopped immediately” - Dr Robert Malone

From the inventor of the mRNA vaccine. He is not anti vaccine. Quite the opposite.

Fact checkers at it again

Sorry about your loss, Rick. Obviously, it’s a difficult time. By the way, I haven’t said the risk is zero. I’m aware an adverse reaction can occur, even death. Which vaccine did he take?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, wife had a double lung transplant last year and we are both pretty much bubble-wrapped. But I'm pissed that people will not get vaccinated for selfish, ignorant reasons and are so uptight about wearing a mask until we conquer this virus. We had our chance to get herd immunity but the numbskulls that refuse to get vaccinated are affecting all of us and are the reason we may be shutting down again this fall. I know this is a minority opinion on this board, but screw it. Let's all pull together to beat this thing!
Dude. I had it. Three days of fever. Five days of tired.
Several doctors I know have told me: your immunity may or may not be improved by the shot, but it’s almost certain that because you had it, you’ll have flu-like symptoms if you get the vaccine for 3-5 days.
To recap: WHEN I HAD COVID I HAD THREE DAYS OF FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS.

So I can make people like you who believe mRNA tech which is newer than the phone I use happy or I can trust my immune system which has already beaten the virus.

F&$k you if you think you can make better decisions for me than I can make for myself. This is not a football game. We’re not “beating the hell out of” a virus. It’s not your place to be a f-ing cheerleader and tell me how to run my life.

Just had the thought again that at this point if you don’t get the vaccine it’s a personal choice that shouldn’t affect anyone that hasn’t had a chance to make their own personal choice. It would be like the full assault of the government and media telling everyone to stop eating so much and stop killing themselves.

Just had the thought again that at this point if you don’t get the vaccine it’s a personal choice that shouldn’t affect anyone that hasn’t had a chance to make their own personal choice. It would be like the full assault of the government and media telling everyone to stop eating so much and stop killing themselves.
Yeah. That’ll happen. The government wants you healthy and prosperous and not afraid and living your own life. They love a strong independent citizenry that ignores their bullshit.

Sorry about your loss, Rick. Obviously, it’s a difficult time. By the way, I haven’t said the risk is zero. I’m aware an adverse reaction can occur, even death. Which vaccine did he take?
Geez, this is a bad look dude.

“sorry about your brother, stats are stats and he did the right thing! Thanks for taking one for the team”

some of you need to slither away and respect people’s choices and quit trying to claim it has an effect on your life.

you don’t know what the hell you are talking about and just parrot talking points.

more deaths from this “vaccine” than all previous vaccines combined. Good, smart people including those in the medical field are choosing not to take it.

and FWIW, I took the damn Moderna shots. And I am less and less convinced I did the right thing.

No, you just don’t understand math well. Yes, a high percentage of blacks people are unvaccinated. But, bc they are a smaller portion of the overall population, there are fewer of them than unvaccinated right wing people. Get it yet?

And those unvaccinated blacks and Hispanics are by far the largest percentage of hospitalizations and deaths. The unvaccinated whites from around the country tend to be in the lowest risk categories and while they may test positive they’re not getting sick.

In your rush to paint my points as racist in some way you’ve blinded yourself.

And those unvaccinated blacks and Hispanics are by far the largest percentage of hospitalizations and deaths. The unvaccinated whites from around the country tend to be in the lowest risk categories and while they may test positive they’re not getting sick.

In your rush to paint my points as racist in some way you’ve blinded yourself.
Not disagreeing with your hypothesis but do we have demographics of current hospitalizations? Given the areas of the country with a current increase in hospitalizations this makes since considering those two demographics are large in those states, but without the hard data it’s just an educated guess. It also would explain the door to door program in minority neighborhoods that is planned, they aren’t looking to do it in the burbs.

Geez, this is a bad look dude.

“sorry about your brother, stats are stats and he did the right thing! Thanks for taking one for the team”

some of you need to slither away and respect people’s choices and quit trying to claim it has an effect on your life.

you don’t know what the hell you are talking about and just parrot talking points.

more deaths from this “vaccine” than all previous vaccines combined. Good, smart people including those in the medical field are choosing not to take it.

and FWIW, I took the damn Moderna shots. And I am less and less convinced I did the right thing.
Dude, let it go. I know and respect Rick. I don’t know or respect you in the same way. Don’t use his post to further your opinion. And I’m not pushing for mandates or disrespecting choices. I am of the belief that the population is better served taking the vaccine. I’m good with sharing that opinion.

Kiss my ass for being a dick, dude.

Must listen. “The vaccine is a catastrophe” - Bannon.
“If the data is consistent with ADE it must be stopped” - Dr Robert Malone

I don't think the vaccine is a catastrophe; In my mind, there's no question that it will reduce the number of hospitalizations and deaths resulting from Covid 19.

What I do think is that the truth about potential risks associated with the vaccine is hard to find, which means that people can't accurately judge that risk for themselves.

I also think that it's hard to find because someone wants it to be hard to find.

Still trying to get that info. I suspect it's the Pfizer, which is what I took. It would have been good for me to know this information earlier, because it might have made me wary of a possible genetic tendency towards a bad reaction with whichever one he got. Perhaps I could have had a choice.

Still trying to get that info. I suspect it's the Pfizer, which is what I took. It would have been good for me to know this information earlier, because it might have made me wary of a possible genetic tendency towards a bad reaction with whichever one he got. Perhaps I could have had a choice.
BTW, thanks, Cheeky. I knew what you meant - my point is that I don't think the government is being transparent or honest with us about the potential risks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT