ADVERTISEMENT

Mask mandates coming back...??

Quite sure. If your Vaccinated why are you still able to catch it, transfer it and die from Covid. Plus vaccinated people are spreading the delta variant too and susceptible to it. Mask mandates anyone!?
Are you still not paying attention. Karen?

Vaccinations dramatically reduce statistical likelihood you will suffer or die. It’s inarguable. Very few vaccinated are infectious impaired to non vaccinated. Don’t be silly.

• Haha
Reactions: Rocksolid
Got the 2nd dose (Moderna) in May. Last Thursday, I developed some pretty noticeable symptoms (bad headache/sinus pressure). Lasted about 24 hrs. Lost sense of smell and taste in the process. Took a home test on Saturday to confirm my suspicions and was positive. Still can’t smell anything. Taste seems to be slowly coming back.

I’m 33 and in good health. Never sick. I would not have gotten the vaccine had I not been traveling so much this summer and thought vaccination record may be required (my company now requires it for international travel).

For me it is similar to the normal flu vaccine - seemingly the only times I get the flu are the years that I get a flu shot. I think my natural immune response is better than a vaccine-aided immune response. Over the year and a half prior to the vaccine, I had zero suspicions of being infected and did not limit my lifestyle (gym, work, only wore masks where required, etc). I get the vaccine and in 3 months I get it.

Do I think the vaccine worked? Maybe. Maybe it’s the Delta being worse than the other strains. Who knows.

The one thing I am certain of is that Biden is spewing a giant pile of shit out of his mouth on a daily basis. Infections of those vaccinated is not that rare (there’s a reason they aren’t tracking it) and sure as hell aren’t asymptomatic….that or maybe my immune system is just a giant pussy.

You were fine until your last paragraph which is hogwash.

Hospitals are the number one place to get an infection. This is not good example of why to wear a mask. Look at all the people that tell us to wear a mask, when they think the cameras are off they do not wear masks. Always pay attention to what people do not what they say.

You can get infections in a place housing disproportionate numbers of sick and infected people? What a shock! Pretty sure doctors, nurses and medical staff are all wearing masks constantly. I guess you have secret, unimpeachable intel no one else has.

Vaccinations dramatically reduce statistical likelihood you will suffer or die. It’s inarguable. Very few vaccinated are infectious impaired to non vaccinated. Don’t be silly.
so if I have a 0.03% chance of dying if I catch it, and just as slim chance of hospitalizations w/o the shot, why would I get the shot and risk the increasingly high number of reports for adverse side effects and deaths getting the shot?

and if you are vaccinated and believe it protects you, then you do not have to worry

Now there is a new variant called delta + , so let's get guesses for the name for the next super spreader. Omega force is my guess.

You talk in absolutes when there are none. Almost 100% fine applies to those who've gotten vaccinated but experience break through infection. You forget, however, that the virus continues to be an issue when it can continue to spread. Being near 100% OK personally is not the same as participating in getting vaccinated so that people do not continue to needlessly and endlessly pass the virus around and around and around.

A solution is right in front of our eyes. The safety is signifiant. Not getting vaccinated (other than a few very unique medical circumstances) is a right but a selfish choice.
Look, you also need to keep in mind what the risk is - don't just blow it off and ignore it.

We take chemicals out of circulation if exposure to that chemical results in a risk of 1 death per million exposed people. The frequency of deaths related to the vaccines is right now estimated at about 8 deaths per million.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34055843/

And that estimate is based on the VAERS adverse-reaction system data, which only captures about 30 percent or less of the actual number of adverse reactions (including deaths).
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33039207/

If we agree that somewhere between 8 and 16 people die for every million vaccinations, then you are at 8 to 16 times the allowable risk used to determine whether chemicals are safe for human exposure. Keep that in mind when you're talking dismissively about the risk that you are insisting that other people assume.

Look, you also need to keep in mind what the risk is - don't just blow it off and ignore it.

We take chemicals out of circulation if exposure to that chemical results in a risk of 1 death per million exposed people. The frequency of deaths related to the vaccines is right now estimated at about 8 deaths per million.

And that estimate is based on the VAERS adverse-reaction system data, which only captures about 30 percent or less of the actual number of adverse reactions (including deaths).

If we agree that somewhere between 8 and 16 people die for every million vaccinations, then you are at 8 to 16 times the allowable risk used to determine whether chemicals are safe for human exposure. Keep that in mind when you're talking dismissively about the risk that you are insisting that other people assume.
Rick,
I believe you have made assumptions about what you read and overstated the risks. The abstract you cited for 8 deaths per million does NOT say the vaccine caused all those deaths. In addition the largest part of that data came from the elderly population, many in long term care facilities. A more comprehensive look at that data is here: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

VAERS received 113 reports of death after COVID-19 vaccinations; two thirds of these deaths occurred among LTCF residents. All-cause mortality is high in LTCF populations because underlying medical conditions are common. Based on expected rates of background mortality, among the approximately 1 million LTCF residents vaccinated in the first month of the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program, approximately 7,000 coincidental, temporally associated deaths from all causes would be expected during the analytic period (7). In contrast, VAERS received 78 reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination in LTCF residents, and approximately one half were in residents who were in hospice or who had a do-not-resuscitate status. Reported causes of death in LTCF residents after COVID-19 vaccination are consistent with expected all-cause mortality in this population. Among deaths in persons with available death certificate and autopsy information who were not LTCF residents, causes of death were consistent with background all-cause mortality and did not indicate any unexpected pattern that might suggest a causal relationship with vaccination (8).

Last edited:
Reactions: bioaggie
I believe you have made assumptions about what you read and overstated the risks. The abstract you cited for 8 deaths per million does NOT say the vaccine caused all those deaths. In addition the largest part of that data came from the elderly population, many in long term care facilities.
Feel like I’ve heard all of this before, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Reactions: BDB99
From what I read, that was true with the original strain, which is what the vaccines were designed to stop. In reports from other countries that had the delta sweep through earlier, vaccinated people are now getting hospitalized at the same rates are non-vaxed. We’ll see what happens here but the vaccine might be limited in its effectiveness against the variants. That said, I got it and anybody not carrying anti-bodies and over 50 and/or obese or sick, should probably get it. That’s what my doctor told me. He specifically said my 20-yo son, who was exposed to covid last year, should not get the vaccine.

Reactions: BDB99
Now there is a new variant called delta + , so let's get guesses for the name for the next super spreader. Omega force is my guess.
And “experts” say it could be bigger and badder than any virus known to man

Reactions: clayber
Can someone help me reconcile these two articles?

Help pls

Quite possibly the most accurate thing I've ever seen in my life.

this has been my logic before vaccines. I can’t get you sick if you stay home. You’re not noble for remaking society because you’re scared. People over a certain age should’ve been more scared than younger people and everyone has agency over their own risk management. It’s even more obvious now covid is never going away and never would’ve. At some point, we have to stop this.

this has been my logic before vaccines. I can’t get you sick if you stay home. You’re not noble for remaking society because you’re scared. People over a certain age should’ve been more scared than younger people and everyone has agency over their own risk management. It’s even more obvious now covid is never going away and never would’ve. At some point, we have to stop this.
If you are comfortable with the my choice approach then those that choose to stay unvaccinated should only go to hospitals where all the healthcare providers also chose to take that risk as well. Expecting our doctors and nurses to put their lives at risk when you get sick because of your choice isn't justifiable.

If you are comfortable with the my choice approach then those that choose to stay unvaccinated should only go to hospitals where all the healthcare providers also chose to take that risk as well. Expecting our doctors and nurses to put their lives at risk when you get sick because of your choice isn't justifiable.
Doctors and nurses along with first responders were the first to get vaccinated. I fail to see the logic with your proposal?

Reactions: slgilmore
Ok. So we’re all into restricting choice for the greater good, right? “Our” doctors.

You guys gonna pitch in and pay for my kids if I take that vaccine and it renders me incapable of working? It has happened. Pfizer, J&J and Moderna are all shielded by the EUA from legal liability.

I didn’t ****ing think so. As a COVID survivor, I’d like to extend a giant middle finger in the direction of anyone who thinks he knows what is good for me and my family better than I do.

Let’s go a little further down the road you want to go down. If you’re obese and need heart surgery, kick rocks. If you can. Ever smoked a cigarette and get lung cancer? Go die. Drive too fast and wreck your car? Hope you’re an organ donor.

Let’s try that. I mean, it’s your fault for not following the “guidance.”

He’s just being a pompous, holier than thou a-hole.
And there are no breakthrough infections. Ever.
Ignoring the Hippocratic Oath, or that it’s illegal to refuse medical treatment, if they did say, do this then let’s not stop there. Obese don’t get help for heart issues or any insulin if they have diet based diabetes. Drug addicts can be left on the street to rot if they OD. If you break a bone due to not following OSHA protocols at home, well, good luck with that ya gimp. Get in a wreck while driving under the influence, well hope ya bleed out in your car.

“But none of those can impact me and my family” uh yeah, all of those do unless you don’t have any insurance or any kind. But maybe that’s what they want, a corporate technocracy with forced medical segregation. Maybe this new flavor of authoritarianism will be different?

Rick,
I believe you have made assumptions about what you read and overstated the risks. The abstract you cited for 8 deaths per million does NOT say the vaccine caused all those deaths. In addition the largest part of that data came from the elderly population, many in long term care facilities. A more comprehensive look at that data is here: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

VAERS received 113 reports of death after COVID-19 vaccinations; two thirds of these deaths occurred among LTCF residents. All-cause mortality is high in LTCF populations because underlying medical conditions are common. Based on expected rates of background mortality, among the approximately 1 million LTCF residents vaccinated in the first month of the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program, approximately 7,000 coincidental, temporally associated deaths from all causes would be expected during the analytic period (7). In contrast, VAERS received 78 reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination in LTCF residents, and approximately one half were in residents who were in hospice or who had a do-not-resuscitate status. Reported causes of death in LTCF residents after COVID-19 vaccination are consistent with expected all-cause mortality in this population. Among deaths in persons with available death certificate and autopsy information who were not LTCF residents, causes of death were consistent with background all-cause mortality and did not indicate any unexpected pattern that might suggest a causal relationship with vaccination (8).
So you are saying if you are old and get a vaccine and die, you died of old age. Yet if you are old and test positive of covid-19 and die you died of COVID-19. As Biden would say "come on man"

Reactions: Rocksolid
Just not true, Biden and Dr Fauci both disagree with you. The country of Israel will tell differently.

Ignoring the Hippocratic Oath, or that it’s illegal to refuse medical treatment, if they did say, do this then let’s not stop there. Obese don’t get help for heart issues or any insulin if they have diet based diabetes. Drug addicts can be left on the street to rot if they OD. If you break a bone due to not following OSHA protocols at home, well, good luck with that ya gimp. Get in a wreck while driving under the influence, well hope ya bleed out in your car.

“But none of those can impact me and my family” uh yeah, all of those do unless you don’t have any insurance or any kind. But maybe that’s what they want, a corporate technocracy with forced medical segregation. Maybe this new flavor of authoritarianism will be different?
SSDD is the saying.

the funny thing about this stupidity is that the people who say this crap are the first ones to deny personal responsibility in any other area of life. More government money for people who refuse to take a job that is “beneath” them. Forestall evictions and screw people who invest their money in rental properties, thus providing a service to people who don’t own their own homes. The vaccine is the only thing in life they consider a matter of personal responsibility.

Wah wah wah. Cry me a River.

But there is more to it than that with these mRNA vaccines.

Abstract version

So you are saying if you are old and get a vaccine and die, you died of old age. Yet if you are old and test positive of covid-19 and die you died of COVID-19. As Biden would say "come on man"
That's pretty obtuse. Are you really having trouble understanding scientific research or do you really believe that is an intelligent position?

Wah wah wah. Cry me a River.
I will share that sentiment with the families of some healthcare workers that are no longer with us. Care to share your real name with that sentiment ? Didn't think so.

That's pretty obtuse. Are you really having trouble understanding scientific research or do you really believe that is an intelligent position?
Scientific research set up a system to test new drugs and vaccines. That was skipped for these vaccines. Are you saying that old people that tested positive of covid and died soon after we're not tagged as covid-19 deaths? You posted that old people that got the vaccine then died, died of other issues of old age. It really is that simple. Just say yes I was trying to imply people that got the vaccine and died did not because of the vaccine.

I will share that sentiment with the families of some healthcare workers that are no longer with us. Care to share your real name with that sentiment ? Didn't think so.
Get it your head. The vaccine doesn’t provide immunity. They are healthcare workers and the serve the public to the best of their abilities knowing full well the risks. For those reasons they take precautions that don’t require the Covid jab.

Scientific research set up a system to test new drugs and vaccines. That was skipped for these vaccines. Are you saying that old people that tested positive of covid and died soon after we're not tagged as covid-19 deaths? You posted that old people that got the vaccine then died, died of other issues of old age. It really is that simple. Just say yes I was trying to imply people that got the vaccine and died did not because of the vaccine.

Reactions: clayber
Please adress post 239 in this threade. I am not intelagent like you but I want to sciense. Pleas mister internets sciense man help me too understand?

They didn't skip testing. They were able to expedite testing because financial risks and liability risks were removed and large numbers of volunteers stepped forward to do massive testing without plodding through years of smaller tests. Apparently you did not read the cited papers or do not understand them. There is data on both younger and older people. And there is data still being gathered. However the data that is available contradicts an assertion that the vaccines are causing 8-16 deaths per million. Correlation does not equal causation:

Reactions: bioaggie

If they’re vaccinated their lives aren’t at risk.

Reactions: slgilmore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT