ADVERTISEMENT

Mask mandates coming back...??

DentonAg80

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
DOD orders soldiers, sailors, air men, and civilians to wear masks again indoors while on-base. Guess my son will have to start wearing his again.

Waiting for the official verbiage before we implement on my contract. My contact in Washington says there is some weasel words involved. We shall see.

Data doesn’t support doing this. Yes cases are way up, but hospitalizations are less than 50% of what they were at the same case number and deaths are a fraction, around 20x lower. Look at the UK numbers if you want to know how this will play out. Delta seems to burn fast and bright with fewer significantly ill. It’s moving to an endemic phase.

Putting on masks now will just ensure the next variant will cause another stupid panic. It’s time to realize Covid ain’t going anywhere. It’s doing exactly what a virus does, mutates to be come more virulent and less deadly. Those who have been vaccinated, not had Covid, and not at risk need to get out there, maskless, and have a good time. You need to be exposed to it to build your t-cell response and having the antibody response should prevent you from getting more than a mild cold. After you have the T cell response you are locked and loaded.

Going back to masks and lockdown are going to just prolong this. We are at a good time with how fast this burns out to use it to reach endemic phase. The government is not following the science here.

lastly, I’m not gonna tell you to vax or not, that’s your choice. Weigh the risks with your PCP and make an informed decision. Live your life.

Last edited:
So if everyone was vaccinated we wouldn't need mask. Except for the people that are still getting covid after being vaccinated. The vaccine does not prevent covid neither due the masks.
Condoms don't prevent 100% of pregnancies...but you improve your odds immeasurably. Same thing goes for the vaccine and covid infections.

Masks, outside of N95's, are pointless.

Except hospitalizations are way down too. Look at the data. Science!!

The at risk and elderly got vaccinated. We slowed the curve. All numbers are way down. It's time to go back to normal.

To be fair I won’t say way down they are about 50% a bit lower or higher depending on state then the last up-curve in cases with the same number.

Deaths is the main metric and accounting for the two week lag, it’s considerably lower. It will go up, but bit by a large measure. We already know this looking at countries with modern health care and delta like Italy, UK, Netherlands.

That’s a good thing, but hospitalizations are still a it higher than I would like, but not anywhere near critical or capacity issues.
But masking Vaxxed people is dumb.

Last edited:
Except hospitalizations are way down too. Look at the data. Science!!

The at risk and elderly got vaccinated. We slowed the curve. All numbers are way down. It's time to go back to normal.
Down from peak but cases, hospitalizations, etc all rising. And it’s the summer. Winter is coming.

Reactions: Games
Down from peak but cases, hospitalizations, etc all rising. And it’s the summer. Winter is coming.
So they rose some, are we gonna keep doing this forever when it rises?

Washington DC for example, positive case rate is 8 per 100,000 people, they just mandated mask for anyone over 2. Does that make any sense?

Reactions: ck10782
I wear one for my son who had a transplant and takes some imunosepresants. I figure it also helps other things so not strictly a Covid thing for us.
I'm in the same boat, wife had a double lung transplant last year and we are both pretty much bubble-wrapped. But I'm pissed that people will not get vaccinated for selfish, ignorant reasons and are so uptight about wearing a mask until we conquer this virus. We had our chance to get herd immunity but the numbskulls that refuse to get vaccinated are affecting all of us and are the reason we may be shutting down again this fall. I know this is a minority opinion on this board, but screw it. Let's all pull together to beat this thing!

If that scares people, let them take precautions. Don’t tell me I have to.
You’re trying to have a conversation with someone who last year was crying about covid in the RGV but sits on their hands as tens of thousands of unvaccinated illegals pour over our borders and are then shipped all over the country.

he doesn’t care.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, wife had a double lung transplant last year and we are both pretty much bubble-wrapped. But I'm pissed that people will not get vaccinated for selfish, ignorant reasons and are so uptight about wearing a mask until we conquer this virus. We had our chance to get herd immunity but the numbskulls that refuse to get vaccinated are affecting all of us and are the reason we may be shutting down again this fall. I know this is a minority opinion on this board, but screw it. Let's all pull together to beat this thing!
Some people will never get vaccinated and I don’t care what you call them or how you threaten them. You can threaten to take their jobs or prevent them from going to a government office but they still won’t do it. They have their reasons no matter the logic. Many are people of color, many are school tueachers, medical personal etc. How do you propose to “fix “ that little detail? Under the circumstances people have put up with a lot shit. I would never belittle it.

Last edited:
1. I hope your wife is doing OK.

2. Are yall both vaccinated?

Last edited:
We had our chance to get herd immunity but the numbskulls that refuse to get vaccinated are affecting all of us and are the reason we may be shutting down again this fall.
missed it by that much.

feel like we’ll get it this time and there won’t be any echo foxtrot or golf variants.

Reactions: Ag98
I pray to our Lord God Almighty for football season to hurry and get started so we can stop talking about politics and conference realignment. Amen.

Then stay in doors or get vaxxed yourself and don't worry about it since vaccines are so effective

Masks do not work for preventing the spread of covid-19. The vaccine does not work for preventing the spread of covid-19. Vaccinated people are still dieing from COVID-19, and our being hospitalized. How many on here got the vaccine because they were told if they did we could get back to life as normal?

Reactions: ck10782
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT