ADVERTISEMENT

Mask mandates coming back...??

Again, this tends to show that the vaccines certainly doesn’t stop the spread but that vaccinations limit the effects. We wore masks forever and got vaccinated. At this point manage your own risk. Some guidance on what makes it stop would be nice.

1. Masks do work but some are better than others. KN95 not as good as N95 but better than a gator or a mask with a vent. This seems like common sense.
  2. I haven't thought too much on encouraging the unvaccinated and requiring masks. Masks are a short term solution and vaccines are long term. I hate masks, just like everyone else so I hope that peer pressure will encourage the unvaccinated to vaccinate so we don't have to wear them
  3. We live in a society and there are breakthrough cases (lately, lots of breakthrough cases). I'd argue that you're making a choice for someone else with your own choice
  4. I'll let you argue this with travster because I don't have the numbers.
4. Regardless of who isn’t vaccinated, everyone should be.

Reactions: Tom_100

Again, this tends to show that the vaccines certainly doesn’t stop the spread but that vaccinations limit the effects. We wore masks forever and got vaccinated. At this point manage your own risk. Some guidance on what makes it stop would be nice.
they greatly decrease the spread.

Last edited:
This is a statement you can’t support nor is there any data to support. You can point to hot spots in the South but I remind you New Orleans and most cities are democratic strongholds.
See subsequent link that you hadn’t gotten to yet. Enjoy!

There is always links to support every position on this. There are conflicting ones in this thread. I am a managing a contract of a 1000 employees and I can only tell you what I have seen. It is not a one party problem. But if that makes you feel better so be it.

There is always links to support every position on this. There are conflicting ones in this thread. I am a managing a contract of a 1000 employees and I can only tell you what I have seen. It is not a one party problem. But if that makes you feel better so be it.
Sure, just ignore the data and only pay attention to your anecdotal experience. What could go wrong?

I'm in the same boat, wife had a double lung transplant last year and we are both pretty much bubble-wrapped. But I'm pissed that people will not get vaccinated for selfish, ignorant reasons and are so uptight about wearing a mask until we conquer this virus. We had our chance to get herd immunity but the numbskulls that refuse to get vaccinated are affecting all of us and are the reason we may be shutting down again this fall. I know this is a minority opinion on this board, but screw it. Let's all pull together to beat this thing!
Ignorant assumption that the vaccine is going to protect you.

Quite sure. If your Vaccinated why are you still able to catch it, transfer it and die from Covid. Plus vaccinated people are spreading the delta variant too and susceptible to it. Mask mandates anyone!?
Are you still not paying attention. Karen?

What’s the IFR of vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated?

Except that the very same source put out data that supports what I was saying. You’ve demonstrated you’re either not intelligent enough to get it or you’re not honest enough to admit it.
No, you just don’t understand math well. Yes, a high percentage of blacks people are unvaccinated. But, bc they are a smaller portion of the overall population, there are fewer of them than unvaccinated right wing people. Get it yet?

Quite sure. If your Vaccinated why are you still able to catch it, transfer it and die from Covid. Plus vaccinated people are spreading the delta variant too and susceptible to it. Mask mandates anyone!?
Are you still not paying attention. Karen?
Why is it then, that the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated people.

look, I know you’ve advocated anti-vac positions before, and I don’t expect to convince you. But try to keep from saying things that are completely refutable.

Sure, just ignore the data and only pay attention to your anecdotal experience. What could go
I would not trust any polling data on this issue. You are not going to get honest answers . Hell we cant even get honest answers on who has gotten the vaccine from our own workforce. In Hancock County and St. Tammany Parish, the vaccination rate is only 35%. Very disingenuous to make a definitive statement on this matter in my opinion.

I would not trust any polling data on this issue. You are not going to get honest answers . Hell we cant even get honest answers on who has gotten the vaccine from our own workforce. In Hancock County and St. Tammany Parish, the vaccination rate is only 35%. Very disingenuous to make a definitive statement on this matter in my opinion.
Denial is a stage of grief. Work through it, brother.

Why is it then, that the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated people.

look, I know you’ve advocated anti-vac positions before, and I don’t expect to convince you. But try to keep from saying things that are completely refutable.
That’s not true either. Half of the ER group are vaccinated

I would love to see the age of the vaccinated people in the ER. I bet all are older or have an auto immune disorder. A lot of people have forgotten that nearly 35,000 die per year from the flu. This number will be much lower in the vaccinated Covid population.

How many of these people in the sample group died?

I’m not going to read 4 pages of bullshit so here it goes.
If you want to wear a mask wear it. If you want a vaccine get a shot. If your want to stay home stay home. If your are scared of the virus take steps to remedy your fears. I’m sponsoring a 5k for kids with special needs that is amazing and there will be no masks. If any asshat comes to the event to attempt any kind of enforcement of some kind of insanity I will be arrested for kicking their ass. If you want to mask knock yourself out. There is no data showing you are doing anything but have fun. Leave the rest of the sane society alone and enjoy your world you are creating

1. I hope your wife is doing OK., thx for asking, wife is doing great, camping, fishing, kayaking, living life to the fullest in honor of her donor. She would not be alive without the gift she received last year.

2. Are yall both vaccinated? Yes, as soon as we could get it, but our transplant team told us that she isn't as protected as non immunosuppressed community, so she and I have to still be very cautious. I would never forgive myself if I brought virus into our house. Kids still wear mask out of respect for her when they visit. Hope we can booster shot soon.

Reactions: sigeast02
they greatly decrease the spread.

Link?

It makes sense that they would, but I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything concrete on that. Well, actually I’ve seen that they do and that they don’t but outside of logic I haven’t see anything definitive.

No, you just don’t understand math well. Yes, a high percentage of blacks people are unvaccinated. But, bc they are a smaller portion of the overall population, there are fewer of them than unvaccinated right wing people. Get it yet?
You just outed yourself as a complete dolt with this statement.

I’m not sure why y’all really think masks work. When SARS broke out I had to be be professionally fitted with a N-95 mask that took about 10 minutes to properly fit me. My co worker sent her kids mask off to a lab and it came back positive for strep, bacterial meningitis and other bacteria. It was disgusting. Fauci when he was telling the truth stated that masks were worthless at stopping this virus….if masks actually worked you would see mandates every flu season

1. Masks work. They are not as effective as distancing or the vaccine(s) but they certainly work to slow the spread of Covid (and flu or any other virus spread via aerosol). N95 masks and KN95 mask are clearly better than cloth masks but cloth masks do help.
  2. Very few people believe that "The vaccine does not work for preventing the spread of covid-19.". There's no way to defend this statement. If the intent is to state that vaccines are not 100% effective then it's only confirming what every expert out there has already stated - that's why we need as many people vaccinated as we can get (herd immunity).
  3. Vaccinated people are dying from Covid-19 at a much lower rate than unvaccinated people and are hospitalized at a much lower rate.
So you confirm what I posted?

One way I know that masks work is because they use them in hospitals.
Hospitals are the number one place to get an infection. This is not good example of why to wear a mask. Look at all the people that tell us to wear a mask, when they think the cameras are off they do not wear masks. Always pay attention to what people do not what they say.

Hospitals are the number one place to get an infection. This is not good example of why to wear a mask. Look at all the people that tell us to wear a mask, when they think the cameras are off they do not wear masks. Always pay attention to what people do not what they say.
Looks like you’ve got it all figured out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT