ADVERTISEMENT

media bias front and center

Let’s see:
One is individuals taking a risk to try to have a better life for themselves and their families.

The other is a government agency being unnecessarily cruel to said individuals.

You’re bad at analogies and at distinguishing when laws should be applied.

You’re also bad at basic human decency.
I guess your just a much person than I am. BTW, I didn't know you could apply some of the laws on the books and ignore other laws. Maybe people with basic human decency can do this in today's world.

I’d stop using children as political pawns by not separating them from their families.
Yeah yeah. Didn’t ask you that. Asked you your suggestion on how to fix the fact that they’re here illegally in the first place.

The problem is illegal entry.

Guess we should just do what Mexico does to Guatamalans entering Mexico illegally

Looks like the AY patron saint Ted Cruz is a dirty dog liberal:

“JUST IN: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) introducing emergency legislation to keep illegal immigrant families together”

You either have the rule of law or you don't.

If they come here illegally, they should be deported when caught until the laws/process is fixed. It can be sad at times, for sure. But if there are laws, they should be enforced.

But it is too political. The angry masses of wingnuts on each side demand one extreme or the other and will vote out whoever doesn't give it to them.

If they work out something to (somehow) have a background check on an illegal and find them to not have a criminal record back home, and can prove they have been here working for a certain amount of years and fast-track them to citizenship, Sean Hannity and the flat chested angry blond chick simply tweet 'AMNESTY' and all the right wingnuts swallow their tongue and cry that somebody is stealing their social security.

If they put them on a bus back to Mexico, Rachael Maher will google search a picture of a crying Mexican kid and blasts it all over her show and the left wingnuts shut down airports and claim we're beating kids because we are racists.

It's just a shit show anymore.

Here’s more liberal drivel from left wing stalwart, Will Hurd:

“What has happened for us to have to craft legislation to say don't pull kids out of the arms of their mothers? We shouldn't be at this point,” Hurd said. “In the land of the free and the home of the brave, we shouldn't be using kids for deterrence.””

It's a pretty simple fix. The President has said many times that he wants a fix for immigration laws. He offered the democrats full amnesty for DACA kids in exchange for funding the border wall. They said no. They would rather have this be a political talking point than actually fix it.

The bill was a lot more complicated and many more elements than this description would suggest. It also calls for massive reduction in LEGAL immigration. What would that need to be part of such a bill. Because the agenda is much broader than DACA fix.

Reactions: mwgreen12
The bill was a lot more complicated and many more elements than this description would suggest. It also calls for massive reduction in LEGAL immigration. What would that need to be part of such a bill. Because the agenda is much broader than DACA fix.
First I am hearing of this, but then again I don't listen to Rachel Maddow.

I guess your just a much person than I am. BTW, I didn't know you could apply some of the laws on the books and ignore other laws. Maybe people with basic human decency can do this in today's world.
What laws are not being applied?

First I am hearing of this, but then again I don't listen to Rachel Maddow.
The lottery system would be replaced by a merit based system and the numbers would be unchanged. BTW, this and ending chain migration are supported by 70% overall and a majority of hispanics and blacks. By definition, Travster and LSA are the radicals by opposing these changes.

What laws are not being applied?
"You’re bad at analogies and at distinguishing when laws should be applied."
Those are your words right? In your world you can choose when laws should be applied and when they shouldn't?

Reactions: dad_in_tx
The lottery system would be replaced by a merit based system and the numbers would be unchanged. BTW, this and ending chain migration are supported by 70% overall and a majority of hispanics and blacks. By definition, Travster and LSA are the radicals by opposing these changes.
Please find the post where I indicated I oppose these changes. Or learn to read and not assume.

Also, don’t type my name again.

"You’re bad at analogies and at distinguishing when laws should be applied."
Those are your words right? In your world you can choose when laws should be applied and when they shouldn't?
Context. Learn it.

Really? That's your analogy.

Nope, not really. My point was simply to state that anything Trump does will be wrong to certain people.
This shit was started by Bush and Obama, they kicked the can down the road, don’t blame Trump.
IMO

Here’s more liberal drivel from left wing stalwart, Will Hurd:

“What has happened for us to have to craft legislation to say don't pull kids out of the arms of their mothers? We shouldn't be at this point,” Hurd said. “In the land of the free and the home of the brave, we shouldn't be using kids for deterrence.””
We should not be at this point. He’s right. This is the result of decades of neglecting the problem. Maybe this will get congress off their asses and fix our system that results in this disaster. It will be interesting who is serious and who wants to use the issue to score political points.

Sounds like the Mueller investigation is about to be over without any evidence of wrongdoing.
Now the left needs another thing to blame on Trump. I guess we know what the next topic is going to be.

Please find the post where I indicated I oppose these changes. Or learn to read and not assume.

Also, don’t type my name again.
You said the Trump legislation included other things beyond what the poster mentioned, suggesting they were objectionable. I thought I would mention them to highlight that Trump’s plan is popular with Americans.

Sounds like the Mueller investigation is about to be over without any evidence of wrongdoing.
Now the left needs another thing to blame on Trump. I guess we know what the next topic is going to be.
Time to find a new outrage. That’s what motivates progressives. Dems are realizing Trump’s criticisms of Comey and the FBI leadership are now confirmed and the Russia investigation is fizzling out. Corruption at the highest levels and we kept hearing how un-American Trump was for ciriticizing them. Saint Comey’s loyalties are higher than the rest of us and all that.

Everyone agreeing we have a problem, and simultaneously ignoring any solutions but their own.

Presidents and Congress ain't the problem, we are.

Reactions: Mac1014
Everyone agreeing we have a problem, and simultaneously ignoring any solutions but their own.

Presidents and Congress ain't the problem, we are.

Very much so.

The same people going to the voting booths pulling the same levers.

Yeah yeah. Didn’t ask you that. Asked you your suggestion on how to fix the fact that they’re here illegally in the first place.

The problem is illegal entry.

I don’t have any better answers than anyone else.

But I do think that we should be humane in our approach. I don’t think we should deliberately put children in danger or cause them to suffer as a means to an end.

Fake news! Try actually listening to the man once instead of reading about it from a biased publication. Surprised you didn’t quote from VOX
Are you not familiar with the joke publication “the Onion?”

If not, welcome to 2010

Reactions: mwgreen12

But I do think that we should be humane in our approach. I don’t think we should deliberately put children in danger or cause them to suffer as a means to an end.

We are not putting them in danger. Their “families” are doing that.

1) there are zero cases of a family arriving at a Port of Entry that request asylum being separated.

2) Of those detained, 90% did not enter with a parent or relative. Who you gonna release them to?

3) suppose you detained family. Court ruling says you have to release them in 20 days. That’s effectively an open border.

So, bottom line ... maybe the parents should keep their kids at home OR accompany them to a Port of Entry location and come in legally.

Reactions: tdogdfw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT