ADVERTISEMENT

media bias front and center

Rooster77

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2002
there is existing law on the books stating the handling of illegal aliens and their kids and has been on the books for quite some time

Trump is simply enforcing the law

Said illegal aliens still violate US law and come across the border

the law is actually enforced and kids are separated

media is outraged at Trump for enforcing laws

yet no outrage at the lack of parenting of illegal aliens who put themselves in this state?

pure stupidity

It's not about whether or not to enforce laws, it's about the approach to take when enforcing those laws. In the past families have been kept together in detention facilities. It has nothing to do with whether or not illegal immigrants should be detained.

What's hilarious here is Trump saying he can do nothing about this, when his party controls all three branches of government.

It's not about whether or not to enforce laws, it's about the approach to take when enforcing those laws. In the past families have been kept together in detention facilities. It has nothing to do with whether or not illegal immigrants should be detained.

What's hilarious here is Trump saying he can do nothing about this, when his party controls all three branches of government.

Not so fast. The photos shown about 2 weeks ago of kids in cages were actually from when Obama was the president.
"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

Things are multiple layers more complex than reported... by either side. Why? Most don't want to hear details. Simpler to create a metaphor "Nazi's" or "illegal aliens are murderers and rapists". Great headlines.

The issue is resources and how to manage a sovereign nation. We have more resources than we need. Some have less than they can survive on. Populations migrate to resources, despite borders.

As a sovereign nation, we have the right to decide who and how many come across our borders. The people of this nation want to take care of the (“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.).

But we are a nation of entitlements. If we have free access to our resources, then we will be over run and all will suffer.

Yet, we can't come up with a comprehensive plan because both sides use it as political capital to help swing the population to their party. The name calling itself is enough to assure no progress. Sean and Rachel make more money when their party is out of power, fueling the masses with lies, name calling, exaggeration and finger pointing.

We could fix this. But that is not immediately satisfying to the media and politicians.

Yet, we can't come up with a comprehensive plan because both sides use it as political capital to help swing the population to their party

True - actually capitulating on either party's hard-line stance and going to the middle to work something out for the common good is rewarded with being voted out of office.

Reactions: Mpwells3
Not so fast. The photos shown about 2 weeks ago of kids in cages were actually from when Obama was the president.
"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
You're right, I should have provided a more nuanced response. In the past families were generally kept together unless the children appeared to be malnourished or in danger. The new administration has implemented a zero tolerance policy so that this is no longer the case and now every child is removed from their families. I said nothing about the pictures of children in cages, so that is irrelevant to my response.

Reactions: agdoc716
You guys really are dumb enough to believe this shit, aren't you? Incredible. I never really knew just how lax the admissions standards were to A&M in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Please help me to understand your comment: "So what are the various approaches to enforcing the United States of America's laws"?

Reactions: tdogdfw
I could be wrong but when a parent goes to jail for any reason doesn't a "Child Protective Agency" take care of the children temporarily until the parent is released?
I could be wrong but I watch "Cops" on TV.
Asylum seekers are not your run of the mill criminals, and representing them as such is intellectually dishonest.

"Obey the government, for God is the one who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

- Paul

The lack of humanity from the right on this subject is startling. Imagine you live in a war torn country and know of a better place where your children may have a chance at a good life. So you travel all of the way there to seek asylum and when you arrive the officers at the border take your children away and give you no information about when you will see them again or where they are going. Apparently this scenario would not be troubling in any way to any of the conservatives on this board.

Is that why AG spouting off bible verses more frequently than actual laws?
Can't speak for him, but this is the line always given by the left any time religion becomes a block to things they want to pass.

"There is no one process. Judging from the mothers and fathers I’ve spoken to and those my staff has spoken to, there are several different processes. Sometimes they will tell the parent, “We’re taking your child away.” And when the parent asks, “When will we get them back?” they say, “We can’t tell you that.” Sometimes the officers will say, “because you’re going to be prosecuted” or “because you’re not welcome in this country” or “because we’re separating them,” without giving them a clear justification. In other cases, we see no communication that the parent knows that their child is to be taken away. Instead, the officers say, “I’m going to take your child to get bathed.” That’s one we see again and again. “Your child needs to come with me for a bath.” The child goes off, and in a half an hour, twenty minutes, the parent inquires, “Where is my five-year-old?” “Where’s my seven-year-old?” “This is a long bath.” And they say, “You won’t be seeing your child again.” Sometimes mothers—I was talking to one mother, and she said, “Don’t take my child away,” and the child started screaming and vomiting and crying hysterically, and she asked the officers, “Can I at least have five minutes to console her?” They said no.

In another case, the father said, “Can I comfort my child? Can I hold him for a few minutes?” The officer said, “You must let them go, and if you don’t let them go, I will write you up for an altercation, which will mean that you are the one that had the additional charges charged against you.” So, threats. So the father just let the child go. So it’s a lot of variations. But sometimes deceit and sometimes direct, just “I’m taking your child away.”

Parents are not getting any information on what their rights are to communicate to get their child before they are deported, what reunification may look like. We spoke to nine parents on this Monday, which was the 11th, and these were adults in detention centers outside of Houston. They had been separated from their child between May 23 and May 25, and as of June 11, not one of them had been able to talk to their child or knew a phone number that functioned from the detention center director. None of them had direct information from immigration on where their child was located. The one number they were given by some government official from the Department of Homeland Security was a 1-800 number. But from the phones inside the detention center, they can’t make those calls.

We know there are more parents who are being deported without their child, without any process or information on how to get their child back."

Or he could give them all $1,000,000 and they'd bitch about why it wasn't $2mm.
It's odd to me that you both think that forcibly removing children from their parents and then sometimes sending their parents back to their country of origin without their children is in any way similar to giving someone ice cream or money.

The lack of humanity from the right on this subject is startling. Imagine you live in a war torn country and know of a better place where your children may have a chance at a good life. So you travel all of the way there to seek asylum and when you arrive the officers at the border take your children away and give you no information about when you will see them again or where they are going. Apparently this scenario would not be troubling in any way to any of the conservatives on this board.

There are legal ways to become a citizen. In the last 10 years 700,000 people a year became naturalized citizens. Thats one every 79 seconds.

There are legal ways to become a citizen. In the last 10 years 700,000 people a year became naturalized citizens. Thats one every 79 seconds.
Asylum is also a very real that this country viewed as very important when we weren't being complete shitbags.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT