ADVERTISEMENT

media bias front and center

Coming to the border and asking for asylum is not illegal.
No it’s not and, that’s not the action causing separation. If you follow the law and enter at a port of entry requesting asylum then no law is broken and families are not separated. The request for asylum at a in between crossing point is not valid as the crossing law has already been broken

Do we even know what is true or factual anymore? The division amongst us fellow Ags shows that our government will never agree or solve problems together either.
Yes. We do. The only people trying to obfuscate the truth are the people in power, most aggressively in the executive branch.

Any person that brings their children through the dangers of traveling into a foreign country illegally has already exposed their children through cruel and unusual punishment.
That’s irrelevant. Regardless of what has happened before, the government is prohibited from acting in this manner.

Not to mention that it’s just plain wrong to treat people this way. We are supposed to be better than this.

Has it ever been enforced in such a cruel manner? No—this immoral policy was enacted by Sessions at the direction of Trump. It’s wrong, and you know it.
No it’s not. Its enforcement is very reasonable. If you want asylum then do it the right way.

No it’s not and, that’s not the action causing separation. If you follow the law and enter at a port of entry requesting asylum then no law is broken and families are not separated. The request for asylum at a in between crossing point is not valid as the crossing law has already been broken
The action causing separation is the direction of the Justice Department.

People can be prosecuted without cruelty.

Quit taking kids from their goddamn parents. It's really that simple. Appalling that Americans and even moreso supposed Aggies have such a disgusting lack of empathy for other human beings. There's no level too low.

That’s irrelevant. Regardless of what has happened before, the government is prohibited from acting in this manner.

Not to mention that it’s just plain wrong to treat people this way. We are supposed to be better than this.

First, you’re wrong. Obama enforcement was much the same. Secondly, if you don’t like the damn law then work with Republicans to change it! You know ... negotiating is an acceptable alternative!

Reactions: RioNeches
No it’s not. Its enforcement is very reasonable. If you want asylum then do it the right way.
I can only hope that something like this never happens to your children or grandchildren, "dad_in_tx".

Quit taking kids from their goddamn parents. It's really that simple. Appalling that Americans and even moreso supposed Aggies have such a disgusting lack of empathy for other human beings. There's no level too low.
Quit entering illegally with your kids! Simple.

Reactions: RioNeches
First, you’re wrong. Obama enforcement was much the same. Secondly, if you don’t like the damn law then work with Republicans to change it! You know ... negotiating is an acceptable alternative!
I don't think that either side knows what the word "negotiate" means at this point. And it's kind of difficult to negotiate when the leadership on the right is so far right that even the moderate Democrats are having difficulty negotiating.

No, it is not. Kids are not negotiating pawns. What the hell is wrong with you dude?

Trump could halt the separation policy in the next 5 min. That's a fact that is not up for debate.

Quit entering illegally with your kids! Simple.
So do you also think that the illegal immigrant whose child was molested by a police officer should just accept it? Obviously if you enter illegally it seems you think they lose all ability to be treated humanely.

Has it ever been enforced in such a cruel manner? No—this immoral policy was enacted by Sessions at the direction of Trump. It’s wrong, and you know it.

This is factually incorrect. The Obama administration was doing it.

According to this study, over 150,000 children of illegals were separated from their families in 2012 alone: https://humanimpact.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Family-Unity-Family-Health-2013.pdf

And this piece from the Guardian in 2014 discusses it too: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-reform-obama-deportations-families-separated

There is NO FVCKING LAW that requires separation of children.

When did we start punishing children for the crimes of their parents?

This is factually incorrect. The Obama administration was doing it.

According to this study, over 150,000 children of illegals were separated from their families in 2012 alone: https://humanimpact.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Family-Unity-Family-Health-2013.pdf

And this piece from the Guardian in 2014 discusses it too: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-reform-obama-deportations-families-separated
I don't really give a shit who started it, I just think it should be ended now.

I don't think that either side knows what the word "negotiate" means at this point. And it's kind of difficult to negotiate when the leadership on the right is so far right that even the moderate Democrats are having difficulty negotiating.
There is no such thing as a moderate Democrat! Open borders is NOT a moderate position. Uncontrolled migration with benefits is not a moderate position.

There is no such thing as a moderate Democrat! Open borders is NOT a moderate position. Uncontrolled migration with benefits is not a moderate position.
If you think that what the Democrats in Congress want is uncontrolled migration or open borders then you are not actually paying attention

I don't really give a shit who started it, I just think it should be ended now.

The fact you weren't up in arms over it before makes your moral outrage hollow.

It's a terrible thing to do but perhaps if such a terrible choice weren't forced upon us as a nation the policy wouldn't exist.

Reactions: dturfmeister
there is existing law on the books stating the handling of illegal aliens and their kids and has been on the books for quite some time

Trump is simply enforcing the law

Said illegal aliens still violate US law and come across the border

the law is actually enforced and kids are separated

media is outraged at Trump for enforcing laws

yet no outrage at the lack of parenting of illegal aliens who put themselves in this state?

pure stupidity

typical dumbass Demosh!ts

If you think that what the Democrats in Congress want is uncontrolled migration or open borders then you are not actually paying attention
Then get on board with one of the two Bills under discussion. But I don’t expect to see anything from the hypocrites.

Coming to the border and asking for asylum is not illegal.
Seems like you're implying that the United States has an obligation to let everyone in regardless of circumstances. So you're expecting 100% acceptance? Also noticed many of the folks are from countries south of Mexico. What is Mexico's policy at its southern border? Why don't folks try to get asylum in Mexico?

Why aren't people going to the U.S. embassy in their home countries and requesting asylum?

Reactions: dturfmeister

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...es-together-act-immigration-reform/709409002/

The Indiana Democrat tweeted that while he does think those who break the country's immigration laws need to be held accountable, he does not support the policy that allows the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to take immigrant children away from parents.

This doesn't sound like open borders to me...

Do you think that what is happening is moral?

Do you think its moral what happened to Kate Steinle, Justin Lee, or Jamiel Shaw?

we can all play this selective moral outrage game. I bet we both agree the current state of things is unsustainable. We have to secure the border and revamp the entire immigration system. That is the only moral thing to do. That will prevent mothers from being separated from their children, children being trafficked across the border, and prevent the deaths of Americans at the hands of people that never should have been here. The law needs to change. Republicans may control congress but they need democrat votes to pass a bill in the senate.

This is the first time since Clinton tried in the 90's that either party has made a real and sustained push for immigration reform. You may hate Trump, but he is putting the screws to congress to pass a reform bill.

Seems like you're implying that the United States has an obligation to let everyone in regardless of circumstances. So you're expecting 100% acceptance? Also noticed many of the folks are from countries south of Mexico. What is Mexico's policy at its southern border? Why don't folks try to get asylum in Mexico?

Why aren't people going to the U.S. embassy in their home countries and requesting asylum?
Where did I say that we should let everyone in? I merely stated that coming to the border and requesting asylum was not illegal. Are you disagreeing with that fact?

Do you think its moral what happened to Kate Steinle, Justin Lee, or Jamiel Shaw?

we can all play this selective moral outrage game. I bet we both agree the current state of things is unsustainable. We have to secure the border and revamp the entire immigration system. That is the only moral thing to do. That will prevent mothers from being separated from their children, children being trafficked across the border, and prevent the deaths of Americans at the hands of people that never should have been here. The law needs to change. Republicans may control congress but they need democrat votes to pass a bill in the senate.

This is the first time since Clinton tried in the 90's that either party has made a real and sustained push for immigration reform. You may hate Trump, but he is putting the screws to congress to pass a reform bill.
Pretty awesome that he's endangering children as a negotiating tactic. Real quality leadership, there.

Your argument is two wrongs make a right?

You know this wrong. Stop being blind to it because of party loyalty.

Have you heard of Jeff Sessions? Maybe you aren't keeping up w/ things.

it's stupid when anyone does it. Other than the recent press release from the justice department saying they arrested 2,300 pedophiles between march and may, I'm not real impressed with sessions.

Reactions: lonestarag05
If American parents commit a crime, what happens to their children? They are separated from the parents and sent to foster care or somehow put in the system. Why should it be different for those who cross our borders illegally? This is an emotional issue stimulated by the MSM to get Trump. As long as we are treating those children properly and humanely until they are reunited for deportation, I'm OK with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT