ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go in Ukraine

I was wondering what the military alert status is right now. It seems it should not be asleep at the wheel.

Meeting my Navy son Wed to help him with a vehicle, etc. Surprised he can leave his base area.

Putin has laid it out pretty clear he intends to recognize the independence (cough, cough, annex) 2 areas of the Ukraine. He is moving troops into those areas and shelling has been going on from Russia backed rebels. It is only a matter of time before he begins sending the rebel troops into the remaining area followed by his troops. If the Ukraians fight, it will be a blood bath. If they do not fight, it will be like Hitler taking over with the same draconian measures of Hitler and Stalin.
Biden added sanctions today and Europe will follow. The Russian market is already collapsing so Putin is being pushed further into the corner. If he does act, he will isolate Russia especially financially. If he does not, he might as well resign. Russia will fall into chaos. Former Russian Generals are coming out against Putin. Support within Russia could erode quickly. Question is, is there a group that can throw Putin out before it is too late?
The military or the oligarchs would have to kill Putin. ...which is the 2d of two possible successful outcomes which would cool this thing down.

Last edited:
Old Lyndon B Cheeky Schneider looking for his next Vietnam. Must have some Boeing stock

Some of us have heeded and are tired of being the world's police. Let Europe stand up united if they don't like it. Now if China gets involved to then there will be a need, but Russia is a gas station with nukes, I would think some other nuclear powers could take on that fight united.
Go Brits. Common sense vets of the Great Game, the former leading superpower on the Planet who handed us the job after WWII

You'd have to think somebody will knock him off.

We're playing this pretty well. When you're enemy is destroying themselves, be sure to stay out of their way.
Neither of my grandsons, one USAF & the other USN, are on alert either. Both have combat jobs.

Reactions: darterbury
ADVERTISEMENT