ADVERTISEMENT

A measure on how good a game is

Is to check and see how much tickets cost to the game.

So looking at this weeks game (according to ESPN/Vivid seats)

Texas A&M V Auburn $30
Indiana V OSU $42
(1) Georgia V MSU $46
(25) Washington V (6) Oregon $65
(7) LSU V Arkie $105
(9) Bama V (11) Ol Miss $173

Hmmm but my theory dies in the Big 12

(19) KSU V Baylor $25
(4) TCU V (18) tu $5

So what would be your short list for new coaches be, and why?

Remember that money might be an issue because we would have to cough up between $35-40 million right away to get rid of Jimbo.

Mine would be:
1. Hugh Freeze: has some baggage, but seems to be doing it right at Liberty
2. Dan Lanning, Oregon HC: Has a very good resume/ pedigree of stops, Took a big hit with the first game of the year, but has the team playing, probably, the best of all the PAC 12 teams, now.
3. Lance Leipold, Kansas: winning at Kansas. Enough said. Just kicked Ok St in the baguettes this last weekend.
4. Gus Malzahn: He has beaten St. Nick 3 times! more than any other coach! Has innovative offenses. He can get better talent at A&M than he could at Auburn.
5. Matt Rhule: successful at the college level, may cost too much.
6. Deion Sanders: flashy hire. Would get noticed by the recruits. What recruit would not, at least, listen to him. He is winning, big, at the HBC/U level. That is not easy to do. They have nowhere the resources of, even, a mid-level power 5 program.

Wine country connection

Looking for info, has anyone done the mystery case?

what I like about the wine club is normally theirs a bottle in each group that is of a much better quality. For instance, this month’s delivery had a Maroon reserve valued at about $70 a bottle, all the other bottles are in the $20 range.

so I was wondering if the mystery case might have a few more high dollar wines in it.

You get what you pay for...

That is what we've always been told. And it's usually true. Spend more money for something and expect higher quality. Spend less and don't complain when it breaks.
That rule doesn't seem to hold true for the Aggies.
We spent big money to get Jimbo but he's not incentivized. Everything is guaranteed. This goes against basic human nature.
What incentive does he have to put in the extra hours? Pride? Very few people will thrive on pride alone. Win or lose and he makes $100M either way!

What if we had guaranteed Jimbo $3M per year base salary?
Win an SEC Title and you get a $10M bonus.
Go to the CFP and get another $5M.
Win the National Championship and get another $20M bonus.
I know this isn't how college football works but it sure makes a lot more sense than the mess we've gotten ourselves into now.

Compare Jimbo to the LIV golf tour. My guess is the LIV tour will see diminished product because all their players have already been paid stupid amounts of money based on prior results. What incentive does Dustin Johnson have to stay on the range and grind for an extra 2 hours? This is a terrible business model and it won't work long term.

What's plainly obvious is that Jimbo isn't running a tight ship and the cracks are everywhere. I wonder if things would have been different if we hadn't paid for the National Championship before we got one?

Fire away...
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT