ADVERTISEMENT

2022 A&M Football is Totally Irrelevant Nationally

A successful weekend for A&M is now:
  • Not getting humiliated
  • tu losing
  • Additional players not getting suspended
  • Predicting what players will enter the portal
  • Talking about new offensive coordinator we might hire.
Most of the national press thinks Jimbo is a “Snake Oil Salesman”. Zero respect

The following teams are more relevant than A&M
  • TCU
  • Tulane
  • Kansas State
  • Wake Forest
  • Syracuse
  • Liberty
  • UCF

If A&M is as rich as they say...

Fire Jimbo and start over with a new head man.

I have loved Jimbo and wanted to stick with him up until today. But the problem is that this game of football passes by most coaches, eventually. The game passed Steve Spurrier. The game passed Tom Landry. Etc. Now, I think the game has passed Jimbo.

It will be very painful to start over, but if they don't do it now, Jimbo will probably hire two new coordinators at $2 million each for 4 or 5 year contracts. That's an additional $16 to $20 million in contracts, and if Jimbo fails next year again, we'll just have that much more money to pay out. Therefore, it may be time to bite the bullet now.

I'm not sure, but it seems to makes sense. What do you guys think?

***A&M-Florida game thread***

This is ugly already.

Conner Weigman did have a set back and he's out. Haynes King is starting with Eli Stowers backing him up. No way King is 100%.

Now, the players who are out:
Chase Lane
Antonio Johnson
LT Overton
Fadil Diggs
Kam Dewberry
Jardin Gilbert

The Shemars are starting at defensive end. After that, you've got Elijah Jeudy, Malick Sylla and Enai White.
Mark Nabou is starting at left guard, so that's starting left guard #4.
This is absolutely nuts.
  • Sad
Reactions: dirtysouthman

Extreme Ownership

Really good book, the basic principles would go over well in our football program. Someone call Jocko
As I look at the program, we are zero across the board on these.

Extreme Ownership - All responsibility for success and failure rest with the leader

No Bad teams, Only Bad Leaders - It is not what you preach, it’s what you tolerate

Believe - Be a true believer in the mission

Check the Ego - Ego clouds and disrupts everything: the planning process, the ability to take good advice, and the ability to accept constructive criticism. Do not let personal agenda become more important than the team and the overarching success of the team.

Cover and move - Teamwork

Simple - Clear and concise. Genius is in simplicity.

Prioritize and Execute - Relax, look around, make a call.

Decentralized Command - Understand the overall mission, and the leader’s intent - the WHY

Leading up and Down the Chain of Command - Explain the mission, don’t get bogged down in the details

Disciple Equals Freedom
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT