ADVERTISEMENT

Winter storm related- Ted Cruz

He could be getting an emergency relief bill put together as soon as he can to help the people in his state as soon as possible. Isn’t that his job?

Here’s how this conversation continues: I point out that this was already declared an emergency days ago, so FEMA and the money machine is already spooling up, and you move the goal posts to something else.

Here’s how this conversation continues: I point out that this was already declared an emergency days ago, so FEMA and the money machine is already spooling up, and you move the goal posts to something else.
The money doesn’t move without Congress. Ted should be working. As I stated before, there are a number of productive things he could be doing, and he is doing the opposite instead.

I know you claim to be a Libertarian but you certainly have a lot more dislike for the right than the left but I’m going to think a lot less of your intelligence if you actually believe Beto isn’t just as big of piece of shit as Ted?
Beto is doing something. Ted is doing nothing. You do the math.

Reactions: AgRod
He organized the whole affair through the resources he already had in place, and actually spent time on the phone in addition to getting others to help as well.

Meanwhile, Ted went to the buffet.
Beto probably still owes community service for getting off on manslaughter.

Reactions: Don Draper and wick
For the record, I didn't do anything to help others the last few days. I'm clearly a POS.

Problem is he knows he is bulletproof. Look how many defend that pos.

What’s strange is he is even lying about this. He told local news it was a last minute trip because the kids school got cancelled then told Fox News it was planned a long time ago. Obviously he didn’t plan long ago to pull his kids and their friends out of school for a trip to Mexico this week. He was too dumb to realize how bad this looks so now has to make up a story.

Last edited:
Reactions: AggieEyes12
Hey kids, unfortunately I was spotted on the plane on the way here. It looks really bad and we’re going to have to leave.

Negative, Dad. You’re the one that needs to leave.

My retired AF buddy Dave and his wife left their home in Colleyville and caught a flight yesterday out of DFW for Park Cities, Utah. He’s an tOSU grad. LoL
Headed there Monday to escape this cold.

I don't think it looks all that great since he's a politician. People look to them way too much, for sure. If he were a local State guy or city guy it would be worse.

But a US Senator can't really do much anyway other than to be here with his fellow Texans for support and observe how the State handles the crisis. That way he can help put pressure on people that failed.

Plus you know if he were at his home in Texas, that's one grid that wouldn't go dark.

So he'll catch heat since that's the nature of living off the taxpayer teat.
If he were a rich democrat liberal he'd be grilled for being an elitist and not caring about his constituents.

So everybody will go round and round with it.

Problem is he knows he is bulletproof. Look how many defend that pos.

What’s strange is he is even lying about this. He told local news it was a last minute trip because the kids school got cancelled then told Fox News is was planned a long time ago. Obviously he didn’t plan to pull his kids out of school randomly for a trip to Mexico this week. He was too dumb to realize how bad this looks so now has to make up a story.

That's a twist I haven't heard yet. I heard the part about kid's school being cancelled so they left, but not the that it was planned a long time ago.

Two different stories from 'Lyin' Ted?
Need to be smarter than that.

you actually like BETo? Ha, that guy is a super Idiot. Have you even listenEd to the completely idiotic unAmerica diarrhea that’s poor from his mouth?

wow bro you need help.

Now that's just fantastic right there.
Irony?

Reactions: MSCAg1997
WTF does it matter? It's not like he's in the Executive Branch of our state government and the U.S. Congress isn't doing any legislation...so, recharge the batteries and prep for the next series of legislative battles.

I can't believe there are actual people on earth who call themselves Aggies that would defend a shitbird coward t-sip like Ted Cruz.

I'm embarrassed for you all. I'll get the address where you can send back your Aggie Rings.

Pathetic.
And there you go Ags. You've been cancelled........

Man, this thread shows why we can’t unite. Party affiliation has nothing to do with anything about this scenario save for whataboutism.

I love Ted, but he shouldn’t have gone. Even if it were only symbolic, he needed to stay. That said, he exerts an enormous amount of influence around here and could have done some good.

But I will also vote for him in ‘24 should he run. It’s not that big a deal.

I despise the leftist ideology, but it does “my side” no good to be incapable of a conversation. I would reserve that for the left- it’s their thing, let them have that MO.

Last edited:
I tell you, a couple months ago I got rid of social media, quit following politics and maybe check in on the news once a day. It has made me a generally happier person. Some of you people take political theater way too serious....on both sides....and to see the way yall get worked up about it is kind of sad....you can't change it and in the end it really doesn't effect your life much.

left Texas yesterday for a family vacation in Cancun. His FaceBook page has an entry from a couple days ago that says "Stay at home if you can". Look on Fox News, Drudge report, etc to confirm. Bad optics Ted? Man, don't care what side of political divide one is on, this can not be a smart thing to do.

PS- Mark- don't mean this to be a political thread really- more of the Winter storm talk- but delete it if you feel it's over the line.
I hate Ted Cruz but don't blame him for going on vacation - it was already planned- good timing- Rag on that God awful beard if they need something

Man, this thread shows why we can’t unite. Party affiliation has nothing to do with anything about this scenario save for whataboutism.

I love Ted, but he shouldn’t have gone. Even if it were only symbolic, he needed to stay. That said, he exerts an enormous amount influence around here and could have done some good.

I despise the leftist ideology, but it does “my side” no good to be incapable of a conversation. I would reserve that for the left- it’s their thing, let them have that MO.
Agreed. I enjoy several of my lib "friends", but this is where it always ends up. CANCELLED

Reactions: Ag98
Politics is performative. Ted Cruz knows that, he's a smart man and this is why it is so surprising he left and went to a foreign country to the warm beach in the middle of the worst cold crises in Texas in at least 50 yrs. Could he have really done anything to help?- No- but he's one of our two state senators, he wants to be POTUS, and he should be seen as trying to do SOMETHING to help out his fellow Texans. So the point of all this- the point of the controversy he'll never be able to shake now- is that leaders lead, they're supposed to be good examples. He failed big time.

Politics is performative. Ted Cruz knows that, he's a smart man and this is why it is so surprising he left and went to a foreign country to the warm beach in the middle of the worst cold crises in Texas in at least 50 yrs. Could he have really done anything to help?- No- but he's one of our two state senators, he wants to be POTUS, and he should be seen as trying to do SOMETHING to help out his fellow Texans. So the point of all this- the point of the controversy he'll never be able to shake now- is that leaders lead, they're supposed to be good examples. He failed big time.
He will never be POTUS. The bulk of red voters don't like him.

Surprised at all the Ted haters. I think he’s really grown into his own man the last couple of years. Smart constitutionalist, when was the last time either party put one of those forward on the ballot?

I love Ted, but he shouldn’t have gone. Even if it were only symbolic, he needed to stay. That said, he exerts an enormous amount of influence around here and could have done some good.

Everyone does it and each side says only the other side does it. People who consider themselves a dem/Republican aren’t as different as they make themselves out to be.

You’re right about the optics/symbolism of it. He should know better. Odd that either he doesn’t or that he doesn’t care.

Surprised at all the Ted haters. I think he’s really grown into his own man the last couple of years. Smart constitutionalist, when was the last time either party put one of those forward on the ballot?
Right. I love his interpretation of constitutional law, but I've never liked the guy enough to support him.

dunno what happened to his mullet. And that is definitely a dude that looks like Cruz, wearing a mask that Cruz has been photographed with...it appears to be him.

I still don’t know what I’m supposed to be upset about here. If there were some bill, order, or directive on his desk right now that could do anything, now I’m pissed. Was he responsible for winterization, maintenance, or reliability of electricity generating systems? if so, I’m pissed. But the “bad optics” of the situation? That only stokes the fire for more TMZ politics.

If he did nothing, nobody is talking about what Cruz is doing right now.
C’mon man! Just get with the program and express some outrage. You don’t need to understand why.

Reactions: RogueAggie
remember how apeshit these guys went when obama wore a tan suit to a press briefing?

that was a big deal.

this is not.

because fair and balanced.

Ted Cruz sucks as a human. He did before this, and it’s still true. I’m not going to defend him regardless.

Good grief...is this really news? Like Pelosi getting her hair done during the pandemic. We are becoming more and more pathetic.

that actually is news because she told people to lock it down but didn’t herself.

also fwiw I think it looks bad to bail on the state. I don’t think it’s his issue but I don’t love it.

Reactions: MSCAg1997
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT