ADVERTISEMENT

Winter storm related- Ted Cruz

My retired AF buddy Dave and his wife left their home in Colleyville and caught a flight yesterday out of DFW for Park Cities, Utah. He’s an tOSU grad. LoL
I’m heading to SLC and Powder Mountain tomorrow. That being said we pushed our trip back to ensure friends and family were safe.

So many on the left are really hateful but think they are virtuous. I disagree with most people on the left but do not hate them. I just think they have mostly terrible ideas. The left seems to be really ramping up the hate those who you disagree with and don't consider them human. This is quite scary.
I’m the same. The politicians on the left create and make up shit that pulls at the heart strings of those that think with their heart vs. head. They can’t help the way they think, neither can the right, it’s the media that is dividing this country and creating all the hate.

People on the left tend to believe what their politicians are spewing more than those on the right. I on the other hand don’t believe a word of what politicians says until it is put into action.

Why isn’t the US Senator, not state senator, working in an electric plant right now!!

evil oil caused this cold front!! Dam you oil!

So focking what.....i'd go somewhere warm as well.....what's he supposed to do, go door to door to warm people up.....

Beto spent all day yesterday manning phone banks to make sure elderly people were safe, while Ted was making sure his next margarita was on the way.

beto did not make 150k phone calls.

he spent all day tweeting

Ted Cruz is no John McCain.... some of you guys will support your "team" (from either side) no matter what instead of being able to critically think. He's a spineless shitbag - Texas can do better.

I don’t necessarily agree with this as you have it written, but it’s possible that you are right AND this is a non-story.

Reactions: jeffmc
Beto spent all day yesterday manning phone banks to make sure elderly people were safe, while Ted was making sure his next margarita was on the way.

you actually like BETo? Ha, that guy is a super Idiot. Have you even listenEd to the completely idiotic unAmerica diarrhea that’s poor from his mouth?

wow bro you need help.

Maybe politically not smart but.................if he was here, was there anything he could do? No! Irrelevant for him to go on vacation...
He could be working on emergency relief legislation, it will definitely be needed.

Even Biden managed to send the first wave of emergency federal relief, you’d think Ted would work with them to help coordinate where it could go.

The point is, there’s all kinds of productive things he could do that he chose not to do instead.

I don’t necessarily agree with this as you have it written, but it’s possible that you are right AND this is a non-story.

Maybe it's just me, but if the elderly and children across my state are literally freezing as a state senator I'd be doing my GD best to get things right as fast as possible.

JJ Watt would have done more for crying out loud (if he was still a Texan).

He's a shit senator.

Reactions: AgRod
He organized the whole affair through the resources he already had in place, and actually spent time on the phone in addition to getting others to help as well.

Meanwhile, Ted went to the buffet.
Beto did this out of the goodness of his heart. Not, I repeat NOT to score political points.

Reactions: travster23
He organized the whole affair through the resources he already had in place, and actually spent time on the phone

Sure he did.

his “resources” contacted people via phones. The same phones that already had the capability to call friends, family, and 911 in the event of emergency.

The important thing is that he tweeted about it.

if you can’t see that this was a political gesture, I don’t know what to tell you.

and every phone call ended with " are you registered with the democratic party"?

kindness of his heart? GTFO

Sure he did.

his “resources” contacted people via phones. The same phones that already had the capability to call friends, family, and 911 in the event of emergency.

The important thing is that he tweeted about it.

if you can’t see that this was a political gesture, I don’t know what to tell you.
His “resources” are a network of people and technology that he put in place during his Senate run that has been maintained and upgraded since. That why he was able to get 150k calls made at the drop of a hat.

Meanwhile, Ted enjoyed his cabana.

At least long enough to get is Photo doing it then was outta there.

His “resources” are a network of people and technology that he put in place during his Senate run that has been maintained and upgraded since. That why he was able to get 150k calls made at the drop of a hat.

His campaign team called 150k people that quite literally had the ability to call for help themselves.

Calls fix little of anything

For the record, I think it's a stupid move from Ted, bad optics, but realistically, what is he supposed to be doing? Tweeting fake platitudes like Beto? I can't stand the dude but I'm not going to get mad over this.

Maybe it's just me, but if the elderly and children across my state are literally freezing as a state senator I'd be doing my GD best to get things right as fast as possible.

JJ Watt would have done more for crying out loud (if he was still a Texan).

He's a shit senator.

maybe he is a shit senator, but what do you realistically expect him to do? Can he mobilize the national guard? Can he generate electricity? Can he travel back in time and winterize infrastructure?

maybe he is a shit senator, but what do you realistically expect him to do? Can he mobilize the national guard? Can he generate electricity? Can he travel back in time and winterize infrastructure?
He could be getting an emergency relief bill put together as soon as he can to help the people in his state as soon as possible. Isn’t that his job?

left Texas yesterday for a family vacation in Cancun. His FaceBook page has an entry from a couple days ago that says "Stay at home if you can". Look on Fox News, Drudge report, etc to confirm. Bad optics Ted? Man, don't care what side of political divide one is on, this can not be a smart thing to do.

PS- Mark- don't mean this to be a political thread really- more of the Winter storm talk- but delete it if you feel it's over the line.
You can be a staunch conservative and realize Ted Cruz is a spineless piece of shit. You can be a radical liberal and feel the same. It’s not political. If you don’t think he’s a flaming piece of shit of a human being than you are remarkably more forgiving and tolerant and Christian than I am.

That’s pretty bigoted considering he’s the son of immigrants even for you
What does his being the son of immigrants have to do with being a rich kid garbage human? Why is it not bigoted to say the exact same thing about Beto?

You’re bad at this.

emergency calls went unanswered or couldn't get through because this bozo was calling and trying to register people. what a class act by his big heart.

Reactions: BDB99
He organized the whole affair through the resources he already had in place, and actually spent time on the phone in addition to getting others to help as well.

Meanwhile, Ted went to the buffet.
I know you claim to be a Libertarian but you certainly have a lot more dislike for the right than the left but I’m going to think a lot less of your intelligence if you actually believe Beto isn’t just as big of piece of shit as Ted?

Everybody must have their power back on because ya'll are back to the same old "hate" .....and for the record I don't particularly like either one and do not care where they travel or what publicity stunt they are pulling.

Reactions: RogueAggie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT