ADVERTISEMENT

Tuition for Undocumented College Students

Over 10 generations ago and my family was at the Alamo and many other battles. Did you get an invite?
Oh the “here” you were referring to was Texas and not AY??? That’s cute you tried to change it to that.

No family at the Alamo myself. First generation American. Son of an immigrant.

Does this make you more Texan?

That is awesome! Your situation is not the topic of discussion. To be clear my views on illegal entry into this country apply if the person is from Sweden or Mexico. You and your family need to come here through the legal channels that exist now. If we need to change the laws lets do it. We are either going to be a country of laws or lets have the wild west.

Reactions: ITS BK
Is someone from another country who is not here legally a legal resident of the state they live in? By definition, no.

The question is why do we have them pay taxes at all.

Is your answer that illegal immigrants should not pay taxes because they cannot cover their costs? Or does it make more sense to collect the 7 billion they pay?

You keep fighting your own weird fight though.
How about they come in legally? If not prosecute them and send em back

That is awesome! Your situation is not the topic of discussion. To be clear my views on illegal entry into this country apply if the person is from Sweden or Mexico. You and your family need to come here through the legal channels that exist now. If we need to change the laws lets do it. We are either going to be a country of laws or lets have the wild west.
Totally reasonable.

But we have to realize there are going to be people who cannot afford it and want a better life for themselves and family. We will have illegal immigration.

We need to have a serious concerted effort at border control. Not just for illegals but drugs, sex trafficking, and criminals coming across. Thats how countries protect their citizens. There will of course be people who beat the system. Some people get away without paying taxes. To excuse that behavior and not try to prevent it is wrong. We are making no effort to control our borders now its a great disservice to our own citizens.

Oh the “here” you were referring to was Texas and not AY??? That’s cute you tried to change it to that.

No family at the Alamo myself. First generation American. Son of an immigrant.

Does this make you more Texan?
You obviously have a chip on your shoulder. I guess you might be one of those anchor babies. If not and your parents came over legally my apologies. I have never been against legal migration. No country on earth has been more sympathetic to people looking for a better life and I have witnessed the abuse of that my entire life. The last few years I’ve heard nothing but that America is a racist unfair country. It’s nothing of the sort. We aren’t a nation without borders. This current situation is not sustainable. We have ~30 million illegals in this country currently and it’s growing exponentially. How can we sustain 60-100 million illegal citizens? If we make them all citizens overnight like democrats want what’s the point of being a US citizen? Especially becoming a citizen the lawful way? We will not be a nation in 10 years. We will import the globalist people to essentially vote out our constitution which is the only thing that separates the US from the rest of the world. That’s what you seem to be advocating and I’ll never be for something like that.

Attributing negative characteristics that you saw happen a couple times to an entire race is both stereotyping and racist. Just a fact. As is saying “they” can mow my yard.

These are kids that are getting into college.
I mowed yards before, during and after college. How is that racists?

Reactions: BDB99
Attributing negative characteristics that you saw happen a couple times to an entire race is both stereotyping and racist. Just a fact. As is saying “they” can mow my yard.

These are kids that are getting into college.
It's not racist if it's true. If my statement makes you feel uncomfortable, that's good...bc seeing happen makes me very uncomfortable too. Knowing that if I'm seeing it happen multiple times, it's happening a lot at a lot of other places as well. That should make every tax paying American uncomfortable too. Sometimes stating facts makes people uncomfortable, that's just too bad bc it has to be discussed in this kind of conversation.

My best friend, an Aggie, is the son of legal immigrants. He is the staunchest opponent to illegal immigration I know. In fact, I can’t name you any legal immigrants I know that have become citizens that favor illegal aliens breaking the law and stealing the benefits they do, when they put in the effort for years doing it the right way. Makes me seriously question your claim.

Reactions: BDB99 and catorano
It’s not

Saying “they” don’t need a college degree to mow my lawn is.

Do you really need that explained?
I guess, because I mowed yards before I got a degree and after. So anyone referencing me mowing yards before I got a degree is racist, but after a degree is not? It has nothing to do with racism. It is perceived skill set. Quit with the weak race card bullish-t.

Massive illegal immigration is destructive for the country and all involved. They estimate that we had around 2million illegal immigrants last year. That's greater than the population of San Antonio.

My best friend, an Aggie, is the son of legal immigrants. He is the staunchest opponent to illegal immigration I know. In fact, I can’t name you any legal immigrants I know that have become citizens that favor illegal aliens breaking the law and stealing the benefits they do, when they put in the effort for years doing it the right way. Makes me seriously question your claim.
1) that would be a weird thing for me to lie about.

2) please show me where I said I favor illegal immigration.

I guess, because I mowed yards before I got a degree and after. So anyone referencing me mowing yards before I got a degree is racist, but after a degree is not? It has nothing to do with racism. It is perceived skill set. Quit with the weak race card bullish-t.
I cannot believe it’s debatable that saying “Mexicans (the they) don’t need a college degree to mow my lawn” is a racist statement.

I have no idea what your history has to do with this.

Given the national debt and deficit, nobody is paying their share in taxes. That doesn’t mean we should all stop paying any.

Unless that means we can’t go to jail which was the original premise…
If you dont control spending, everyone can pay their fair share of taxes or even more and you would still have a deficit and an increase in the national debt.

If you dont control spending, everyone can pay their fair share of taxes or even more and you would still have a deficit and an increase in the national debt.
He could always cut a bigger check if he was so concerned about it. My guess is he would rather sit back and bitch about everything that he claims to be racist.

Biden is starting to lose the Hispanic support at a very alarming rate. It’s no coincidence it started to happen with the surge in illegals crossing the border. Hispanics who have become legal citizens the right way don’t like illegals coming over. Why the left wingers are blind to this is lost on me. I honestly think it’s their self-guilt that drives them. They FEEL better if they are putting up the “good fight” for the poor, downtrodden “undocumented citizens” because deep down they know that THEY are the ones that look at everything through the lens of skin color. They are the true racists.

I cannot believe it’s debatable that saying “Mexicans (the they) don’t need a college degree to mow my lawn” is a racist statement.

You're right, it was a "racist" joke because it played on a stereotype about people of a certain cultural background.
It was also funny.
The stereotype is grounded in reality.

It was a joke, it may not even reflect the true attitudes, beliefs, or actions of the poster. Calling people "racists" over jokes is stupid.

Both sides need to move on.

Reactions: slgilmore and BDB99
Given the national debt and deficit, nobody is paying their share in taxes. That doesn’t mean we should all stop paying any.

Unless that means we can’t go to jail which was the original premise…

this is a completely absurd statement. Tax revenues have never been higher, both in real dollars and as a percentage of GDP. It’s spending that’s out of control.

Point of order. The word Mexican was not used in the you don't need a degree line to mow lawns. I mowed many yards before I got a degree. Illegals are coming from many countries so this isn't about Mexicans or the Irish. Trying to make it a racist debate is not what it is. I live in a small gated development. 32 lots. It is very diverse group of people. White, Black, Asian, Canadian and Hispanic. They thing that we all have in common is we are here legally and get along. FYI I have the smallest house as I built it when I was single. My Hispanic neighbor just finished his 3 million dollar palace. If I didn't have a pretty younger wife my neighbors would probably ask me to move so someone could build a bigger house. I chose to live in a gated community to reduce the chance of crime which unfortunately has moved my way from Phoenix. That and my 45 will keep me safe I hope. An open border will not.

You are projecting your racist emotions into the discussion. No where was Mexican stated or implied.

Point of order. The word Mexican was not used in the you don't need a degree line to mow lawns. I mowed many yards before I got a degree. Illegals are coming from many countries so this isn't about Mexicans or the Irish. Trying to make it a racist debate is not what it is. I live in a small gated development. 32 lots. It is very diverse group of people. White, Black, Asian, Canadian and Hispanic. They thing that we all have in common is we are here legally and get along. FYI I have the smallest house as I built it when I was single. My Hispanic neighbor just finished his 3 million dollar palace. If I didn't have a pretty younger wife my neighbors would probably ask me to move so someone could build a bigger house. I chose to live in a gated community to reduce the chance of crime which unfortunately has moved my way from Phoenix. That and my 45 will keep me safe I hope. An open border will not.
I love that Canadians are now a race 😂

Majors can be something like diversity studies - which is the degree you will need to cut lawns after 6 years in college.

Just wanted to show how open minded we are in my neighborhood. Canadians welcome.

I’ve always been told that illegal immigrants are bad for our country. They will destroy our country. I’ve been told that for at least 40 years.

How long do I have to wait for them to impact my life where I can feel like they’ve made my life (and those around me) worse and not better?

I’m all for stemming the tide, if it makes people happy. I’m all for improved legal infrastructure. I’m all for not punishing people who immigrated here as kids and don’t have legal status.

I’m open to reasonable and logical solutions.
Cheeky, you don't have to wait. We're paying now.
https://headlineusa.com/biden-spend-illegal-kids-ignore-us/

https://npg.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Impact-of-Immigrant-Children-schools-FP.pdf

https://www.thecentersquare.com/tex...cle_10d6d302-93d6-11eb-98a7-dfe4f5956a85.html

Even if you believe the numbers are not exact or are skewed to support a particular agenda, there are immense costs associated with serving illegal immigrants at the local school district and hospital level.

And there are other costs as well. The Spring Branch ISD is forced by the Robin Hood legislation to send millions of dollars per year to a district in the Valley which has a smaller tax base but has been flooded with illegal immigrant students. SBISD spent $37MM in 2021 on this "reallocation" of funds. We are already paying higher property taxes because of the run-up in housing prices, and are getting dinged annually to send more money out of the district.

That's not making my life any better; in fact it's making it more expensive than it would have been otherwise.

Cheeky, you don't have to wait. We're paying now.
https://headlineusa.com/biden-spend-illegal-kids-ignore-us/

https://npg.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Impact-of-Immigrant-Children-schools-FP.pdf

https://www.thecentersquare.com/tex...cle_10d6d302-93d6-11eb-98a7-dfe4f5956a85.html

Even if you believe the numbers are not exact or are skewed to support a particular agenda, there are immense costs associated with serving illegal immigrants at the local school district and hospital level.

And there are other costs as well. The Spring Branch ISD is forced by the Robin Hood legislation to send millions of dollars per year to a district in the Valley which has a smaller tax base but has been flooded with illegal immigrant students. SBISD spent $37MM in 2021 on this "reallocation" of funds. We are already paying higher property taxes because of the run-up in housing prices, and are getting dinged annually to send more money out of the district.

That's not making my life any better; in fact it's making it more expensive than it would have been otherwise.
And you left out every single benefit. Which far outweighs cost

of course there’s going to be an expense. But our country finds them useful and vice versa. You know what stemmed the tide of people migration? The Great Recession. Heck, some people even voluntarily went back to their country.

Oh and in these 40 years I (and almost everyone I know) built a life better than we imagined. Better than our parents and grandparents had with respect to wealth creation.

I’ve seen Texas blow up economically. Every single major metro is considered best in country. High end residential and commercial development can’t be built fast enough. And many of the podunk communities surrounding the major metros are now cornerstones as boomtowns for people seeking cheaper land and high end living.

our schools systems are ridiculously awesome (especially compared to when we attended public school) due to the tax base resources now available. We live in the greatest times. And migrants are a big reason for it.

I’m also inclined to think hospitals, medicine, and the entire medical and medical insurance industry would be expensive regardless of the migrant situation. It’s a racket. Always will be.

Last edited:
Couple of nice flexes here.

And you left out every single benefit. Which far outweighs cost

of course there’s going to be an expense. But our country finds them useful and vice versa. You know what stemmed the tide of people migration? The Great Recession. Heck, some people even voluntarily went back to their country.

Oh and in these 40 years I (and almost everyone I know) built a life better than we imagined. Better than our parents and grandparents had with respect to wealth creation.

I’ve seen Texas blow up economically. Every single major metro is considered best in country. High end residential and commercial development can’t be built fast enough. And many of the podunk communities surrounding the major metros are now cornerstones as boomtowns for people seeking cheaper land and high end living.

our schools systems are ridiculously awesome (especially compared to when we attended public school) due to the tax base resources now available. We live in the greatest times. And migrants are a big reason for it.

I’m also inclined to think hospitals, medicine, and the entire medical and medical insurance industry would be expensive regardless of the migrant situation. It’s a racket. Always will be.
What about the fentanyl that is killing our children by the thousands flooding over the border illegally? Is that good for Texas?What about the rape and human trafficking happening the cartels are propagating across the border? Is that good for Texas? What about the hundreds of MS13 gang members coming across and committing crimes like rape and murder? Is that good for Texas? What about THOSE ACTUAL VICTIMS?

Stop with the this is a good thing narrative. It’s stupid, short-sided and intellectually dishonest. It is not good for this country or our citizens. My mother is nearly 80 and is now living in fear in the south Texas town where she has spent her entire life. It’s not racist to want to live in peace and expect your borders to be respected. It’s not racist to expect your hard earned tax dollars to go to work for you and not be spent on someone here ILLEGALLY. The left is stupid. Period. You have no idea what is in the heart of others but you call them racists because it makes you feel better.

“Migrant”. GTFOH with that b.s. They’re illegal immigrants. Here illegally. Full effing stop.

What about the fentanyl that is killing our children by the thousands flooding over the border illegally? Is that good for Texas?What about the rape and human trafficking happening the cartels are propagating across the border? Is that good for Texas? What about the hundreds of MS13 gang members coming across and committing crimes like rape and murder? Is that good for Texas? What about THOSE ACTUAL VICTIMS?

Stop with the this is a good thing narrative. It’s stupid, short-sided and intellectually dishonest. It is not good for this country or our citizens. My mother is nearly 80 and is now living in fear in the south Texas town where she has spent her entire life. It’s not racist to want to live in peace and expect your borders to be respected. It’s not racist to expect your hard earned tax dollars to go to work for you and not be spent on someone here ILLEGALLY. The left is stupid. Period. You have no idea what is in the heart of others but you call them racists because it makes you feel better.

“Migrant”. GTFOH with that b.s. They’re illegal immigrants. Here illegally. Full effing stop.
GTFO w/ off topic shit. Pivoting is for the weak.

I said migrants helped build Texas and the USA to the great heights we’ve attained in my lifetime.

And I’m right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT