ADVERTISEMENT

Tuition for Undocumented College Students

This is well informed and not even a little racist.
LOL - I've witnessed this happen numerous times. I've heard them tell the others to falsify their dependents so to avoid the taxes being held out.

How the F is my statement racist when I've personally witnessed what I've posted??

LOL - I've witnessed this happen numerous times. I've heard them tell the others to falsify their dependents so to avoid the taxes being held out.

How the F is my statement racist when I've personally witnessed what I've posted??
It’s 2022. Everything is racist. The appetite for racism massively outweighs any true racism so it must be in EVERYTHING

Reactions: slgilmore
I didn't argue any of the dumb things you said. But that's your way - make up someone's argument that makes little sense and try to feel superior. It makes you look like an idiot.

you are in this thread advocating for exactly what I said: more 3rd world uneducated illegals moving in. you don’t need to have explicitly said it. That’s the end result of the cause you’re promoting. If that’s beyond your comprehension, perhaps it’s time to take a trip outside the gated community and over to alief.

plenty to see right here in Harris county:
Est 480k unauthorized immigrants (10% of the county)
410k from Mx/Central America.
270k speak English not well or at all
150k not employed/not in the labor force
334k uninsured

and you did literally cite “the billions they pay in tax revenue” without giving any consideration to the cost side of the equation.

These empty feel good statements. Who should be held responsible? What does that responsibility look like? Who enforces it? What if the decision was 14 years ago?
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. If a child was brought here 15 years ago illegally, I’m fine letting them apply for citizenship at age 18 and attend/appt to college at the same time.

Living here illegally as an adult for years is (I believe) cause for denying someone the chance to apply for citizenship. I’m just saying if a child was brought here illegally, I wouldn’t deny them the opportunity to apply for citizenship and then they can have in state it out of state tuition as appropriate.

Reactions: DFWAggie
There are many that have been here since before grade school.

Last edited:
Unrestricted immigration kicks the can down the road. How about addressing AND FIXING whatever is wrong in these folks' home countries that makes them want to come to the United States. Ever thought about that?

Why is that any other country’s responsibility? I’m for legal immigration obviously as my parents are but if you took everyone that was seeking a better life in the world the USA would begin to resemble the countries people are fleeing from. One must ask why anyone would want to move to such a racist country since that’s all we hear ad nauseam everywhere and why places with similar resources can’t pull it together and make their countries as well off as the USA.

Lots of illegals get paid in cash. No taxes taken out there. Legal American citizens are paying for their medical care and educating their kids. All you have to do is go into any emergency room at any hospital in Arizona and see what is going on. FYI I had to get my leg fixed in Switzerland after a ski accident and I had to pay on the spot. Switzerland actually has a border. We really are stupid country to the detriment of our own citizens.
Not just Arizona sir....I live in the Rio Grande Valley on the border in Texas and illegal immigrants clog the emergency rooms here as well.

Go after business and now colleges that hire or admit them and fine the shit out of them.

If they want to be here, go through the legal process. How about that?

Attributing negative characteristics that you saw happen a couple times to an entire race is both stereotyping and racist. Just a fact. As is saying “they” can mow my yard.

These are kids that are getting into college.

you are in this thread advocating for exactly what I said: more 3rd world uneducated illegals moving in. you don’t need to have explicitly said it. That’s the end result of the cause you’re promoting. If that’s beyond your comprehension, perhaps it’s time to take a trip outside the gated community and over to alief.

plenty to see right here in Harris county:
Est 480k unauthorized immigrants (10% of the county)
410k from Mx/Central America.
270k speak English not well or at all
150k not employed/not in the labor force
334k uninsured

and you did literally cite “the billions they pay in tax revenue” without giving any consideration to the cost side of the equation.
Didn’t do any of the dumb stuff you said. Not a single bit. But you keep doing you (which is to make up arguments and post some tweet to prove it’s wrong)

As to the billions that was answering the question “why would we have illegal immigrants pay taxes?”

Because it’s billions of dollars in tax revenue is a normal answer.

Reactions: 56ag
what about the 2 year old kid that the parents came over illegally? Not saying we owe them anything, but that 2 year old didn't really have a say in things. Most of the kids that end up going to the university didn't wade across the river last year. They have grown up here
Kind of like the unborn baby not really having a say in things. Like “Please don’t kill me.”

completely irrelevant unless the cost is addressed.

if $1000 in healthcare, education, etc…is given to 1mm illegals, that’s $1b.

The question is why do we have them pay taxes at all.

Is your answer that illegal immigrants should not pay taxes because they cannot cover their costs? Or does it make more sense to collect the 7 billion they pay?

You keep fighting your own weird fight though.

The question is why do we have them pay taxes at all.

Is your answer that illegal immigrants should not pay taxes because they cannot cover their costs? Or does it make more sense to collect the 7 billion they pay?

You keep fighting your own weird fight though.
They pay taxes because the system is set up to collect sales taxes at the transaction level.

7 billion in tax revenue can not possibly cover the cost to accommodate these people.

the state of texas spends over $10k/yr per student. 700k students is $7b. there are nearly 40k unauthorized students in Harris county alone.

education is obviously just a portion of the overall cost to taxpayers.

Given the national debt and deficit, nobody is paying their share in taxes. That doesn’t mean we should all stop paying any.

Unless that means we can’t go to jail which was the original premise…

Attributing negative characteristics that you saw happen a couple times to an entire race is both stereotyping and racist. Just a fact. As is saying “they” can mow my yard.

These are kids that are getting into college.
Rightwingers tend to attribute negative characteristics across the Dem party even if the characteristic applies to a select few. It’s dumb but typical.

The new attack is “threat to democracy”.
It’s not new.it started (picked up steam) when Trump tried his best to force the election to his favor. But I know you don’t see it the way the rest of the world does.

Given the national debt and deficit, nobody is paying their share in taxes. That doesn’t mean we should all stop paying any.

Unless that means we can’t go to jail which was the original premise…
No, it means we need to 🚨🚨🚨crazy idea alert🚨🚨🚨 enforce our borders and stop taking on more debt.

If you have laws you should enforce them. That’s why I never go one mph over the speed limit. Seriously this isn’t too hard. It doesn’t matter if people pay taxes or do jobs or whatever. Everyone here should be documented and legally here.

Controlling our borders as other countries do would solve the illegal education/health care cost/ city services issues for the taxpayers who have to foot the bills. I sent in my last check this morning for my income tax bill. I'm one of the 47% who pay federal income tax each year. I except my responsibility to pay but why do we allow such a large segment of our population to not contribute. We are thirty trillion in debt and the clowns running our government continue to print money like drunken sailors on a payday night. Unfortunately I remember 13.5% inflation in 1980 and what it took to control it. We are having a hard time taking care of our own citizens as it is. Why do we think we should let anyone and everyone who wants to come here in.

I’m 100% for making it easier to immigrate here and become a citizen but the notion that we shouldn’t secure borders and regulate who comes into this country while rewarding people who have broken the law to get here is simply preposterous.

I’m 100% for making it easier to immigrate here and become a citizen but the notion that we shouldn’t secure borders and regulate who comes into this country while rewarding people who have broken the law to get here is simply preposterous.
That’s reasonable.

Im not seeing how requiring the children of illegal immigrants who have worked hard enough to get into college to pay out of state tuition is rewarding though.

My grandson wants to go to A&M. He lives in Arizona. His parents are legal residents of the US and born here. Why should it cost more for him to attend A&M than a kid who is here illegally. How about we reward our own citizens before we worry about illegals or their kids. Thats really not a hard concept.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT