ADVERTISEMENT

Tuition for Undocumented College Students

Just make em citizens. Problem solved.
Again, trav, why are you in favor of punishing the immigrants who are trying to come here legally, and rewarding those who are coming here illegally?

It sounds like you think the solution is to reward people for doing something that's illegal, and that impacts taxpaying citizens immediately. So you appear to be in favor of rewarding bad behavior and punishing responsible behavior (i.e., legal immigration). You are favoring illegal immigrants over US citizens and over legal immigrants. Is that your position?

Reactions: slgilmore
Make it legal. Problem solved.
Such short-sightedness. We understand that your only goal here is to eliminate borders completely. You seem completely willing to blissfully ignore, or even consider, the consequences of achieving what you support.

should they be exempt from paying taxes then as well?
If you can figure out a way to bar them from receiving any benefits (jobs, healthcare, education, food, clothing, shelter) then the only reason to make illegal immigrants pay taxes is to hold them responsible for breaking the law.

Do you oppose holding lawbreakers responsible for their illegal actions?

Just so you know one of the main backers of the tuition for illegal bills, and the person who signed the bill, was Rick Perry.
...and we all pretty much agree that he's a bonehead.

Actually letting them go to college easier theoretically makes them more productive and less a state burden so it’s a good idea but it’s rife with unintended consequences. It’s hard enough getting into college without non citizens clogging the pipelines, throw them in and it’s really hard. My grandson is a graduating senior at at Ft Worth private school, NHS, plays soccer and Lacrosse, +32 on ACT, turned down by tu, turned down by UGA (The valedictorian of his class was also turned down by UGA). He’s going to So Carolina’s Int’l Business School on a scholarship. I’m pretty sure he got screened out by a computer due to the #’s of applicants. FWIW he never applied to A&M but he said just about everyone who did and qualified got in and almost nobody got into tu.

I’ve always been told that illegal immigrants are bad for our country. They will destroy our country. I’ve been told that for at least 40 years.

How long do I have to wait for them to impact my life where I can feel like they’ve made my life (and those around me) worse and not better?

I’m all for stemming the tide, if it makes people happy. I’m all for improved legal infrastructure. I’m all for not punishing people who immigrated here as kids and don’t have legal status.

I’m open to reasonable and logical solutions.

Yes, let’s reward the total disregard for our nations laws! Definitely a great way to define expectations of our new countrymen
Yea, it’s working so great now. Don’t have laws to govern society, make everything legal. The US of A will no longer exist. That is actually a goal for many in this now F’d Up Country!

Reactions: clayber
Control our borders like every other industrialized country does.Then we might hve some idea of the people coming into our country. A updated immigration policy that lets this country set the policy on who gets in. I am in favor of legal immigrtion but it sure seems like the rules are now if you come from the south side of the border you don't have to follow the laws. If people came here legally we wouldn't have the argument over college tuition. If we let George Soros decide immigration and law enforcement policy we won't have much of a country. He and open border people like him are nuts.

I’ve always been told that illegal immigrants are bad for our country. They will destroy our country. I’ve been told that for at least 40 years.

How long do I have to wait for them to impact my life where I can feel like they’ve made my life (and those around me) worse and not better? I’m open to reasonable and logical solutions.
Are you willing to wait until the damn breaks and then it's too late, or is it logical and reasonable to take actions before we pass the point of no return?

I have no sympathy for people that cut in line! It means that they have unilaterally decided that they are too special to wait their turn...,well f them and the horse they rode in on !

Reactions: BDB99
If you can figure out a way to bar them from receiving any benefits (jobs, healthcare, education, food, clothing, shelter) then the only reason to make illegal immigrants pay taxes is to hold them responsible for breaking the law.

Do you oppose holding lawbreakers responsible for their illegal actions?
I assume you were trying to make some point, but you missed badly.

1) you don't have to pay taxes to go to jail.

2) there are other reasons to have illegal immigrants pay taxes, like, oh i dont know, the billions they pay in tax revenue every year. And they will never get social security, medicare or medicaid, so it's not a bad deal for others.

This has been going on for a long time. The idiots driving the boat are asleep at the wheel. Whether you are liberal, conservative, independent, libertarian, black, white, brown, etc, it is having an impact. I’m open to hearing different points of view so explain to me how this is a good thing for our country.
The idiots are not asleep. The idiots are communists and will do ANYTHING to remain in power.

Just make em citizens. Problem solved.
There you go. Perfectly insightful solution. Make em legal. Make automatic weapons legal. Someone cuts you off, pull them out of their car, beat their ass...Make it legal. Want to express yourself? Yell fire in a crowded theater....Make it legal. You own something I want? I'll take it...just, well you know, make it legal. Want to come to America? Make it legal...wait...that actually is legal, of course you know that.

2) there are other reasons to have illegal immigrants pay taxes, like, oh i dont know, the billions they pay in tax revenue every year. And they will never get social security, medicare or medicaid, so it's not a bad deal for others.
Their children all get Medicaid the second they hit the ground. Their healthcare is paid for 100%. Sounds a hell of a lot cheaper than raising kids if you are a citizen. It’s incentive for them to have many kids so they’re doing it. Meanwhile we are having less and cost is some of that calculation

They don't pay crap for taxes - they claim 15 dependents and get barely chit held out of their check

Lots of illegals get paid in cash. No taxes taken out there. Legal American citizens are paying for their medical care and educating their kids. All you have to do is go into any emergency room at any hospital in Arizona and see what is going on. FYI I had to get my leg fixed in Switzerland after a ski accident and I had to pay on the spot. Switzerland actually has a border. We really are stupid country to the detriment of our own citizens.

No. That is stupid. And not the point at all.
LOL. You were the one who asked whether people who receive no benefits should be exempt from paying taxes.

and only one of us is trying to make the argument that we need the uneducated 3rd world being allowed to move in next door, despite the fact that they’re unable to carry their net share of the tax burden (BuT tHeY pAy BiLlIoNs!).

There is an argument that an educated child of an illegal immigrant is a better path than keeping them out of higher education and a chance to better the family situation.

if sending them back isn’t a real option then why wouldn’t you want them as prepared as possible to contribute?
"child of an illegal immigrant" implies that the student is a citizen. I don't think that's what we're talking about. I think the student is here illegally as well.

I don't think tax dollars should be spent on people here illegally. That being said, I'm all for increasing our immigration numbers for college and grad students. We need to recruit the rest of the world's "first round talent". If a prospective student has been in the US illegally for years when his/her parents crossed illegally, I don't think that should be a barrier to obtaining citizenship. The child can't be held responsible for decisions their parents made 15 years ago.

LOL. You were the one who asked whether people who receive no benefits should be exempt from paying taxes.

and only one of us is trying to make the argument that we need the uneducated 3rd world being allowed to move in next door, despite the fact that they’re unable to carry their net share of the tax burden (BuT tHeY pAy BiLlIoNs!).
I didn't argue any of the dumb things you said. But that's your way - make up someone's argument that makes little sense and try to feel superior. It makes you look like an idiot.

What I said is if you are going to take away all tax payer benefits for illegal immigrants, would you still require them to pay taxes? Super simple straight forward question that advocates exactly zero positions.

As usual, we are all dumber for reading your post. I award you no points.

.... The child can't be held responsible for decisions their parents made 15 years ago
These empty feel good statements. Who should be held responsible? What does that responsibility look like? Who enforces it? What if the decision was 14 years ago?

Texas A&M just became a Hispanic serving organization.

I didn't argue any of the dumb things you said. But that's your way - make up someone's argument that makes little sense and try to feel superior. It makes you look like an idiot.

What I said is if you are going to take away all tax payer benefits for illegal immigrants, would you still require them to pay taxes? Super simple straight forward question that advocates exactly zero positions.

As usual, we are all dumber for reading your post. I award you no points.
Yes. We didn’t ask them to come here.

They are also American citizens the second they hit the ground. Just FYI
Exactly. What other nation on earth has this stupid policy? It’s a magnet and people from all over the globe abuse it like most things this nation does for charitable reasons. Well we are all tapped out and out of money. We don’t need anchor babies

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT