ADVERTISEMENT

Not over yet - Covid

Oh Jesus Christ.

Hey, how about reform the citizenship guidelines instead of just letting whoever the fvck wants to cross this border just walk in? We kinda need to know who is coming in and why they want to be here. Or we can just assume they are all here looking for honest work.

You should volunteer for Treasured Vessels Foundation like I do. You might take a different tune on the motherfvckers walking across the border without repercussions.

Hey, how about reform the citizenship guidelines instead of just letting whoever the fvck wants to cross this border just walk in? We kinda need to know who is coming in and why they want to be here. Or we can just assume they are all here looking for honest work.

You should volunteer for Treasured Vessels Foundation like I do. You might take a different tune on the motherfvckers walking across the border without repercussions.
I don’t think it is a wide open free for all…so “lighten up Francis” is appropriate here. I would agree immigration reform and a appropriate path to citizenship is much needed.

Are there really Aggies stupid enough on here not to understand the massive increase of illegal aliens streaming across the border since the election. I live on the border in the Rio Grande Valley and they are catching record levels of immigrants and they are not just from central America but from around the world. The border patrol is totally outmanned and overwhelmed. The ones rounded up are shipped off by bus or plane to the rest of the state and country. No one knows how many of these have covid 19 or others diseases. I have border patrol friends who feel practically helpless. We basically have an open border and most of the people down here don't like it.

That’s precisely why you post a link to the source. Facts are facts but so far, you’ve made statements as fact that are not supported by sources. I would love to believe you but I have no way of knowing if you’ve simply pulled this out of your ass.
I posted the links in support of @clayber read those links and you will believe him.

Reactions: clayber
You can’t do both? So you’re pro Covid and anti illegal immigration. I personally don’t care for either.

I guess you probably can’t be against both when you’re beholden to Fox News and don’t use independent thought.

Tell us now about how Covid was some ploy to win an election and it’s all going away on Nov whatever or January whatever or how masks aren’t ever going away though they have or whatever stupid narrative you’ve said the last year that’s proven false but doesn’t dissuade your Hannity regurgitation over and over again.
It's my independent thought which led me to decide for MY BODY that I don't want the vaccine. Why is it OK to have independent thought unless it doesn't match up with your views? It's typical left thinking.

It's my independent thought which led me to decide for MY BODY that I don't want the vaccine. Why is it OK to have independent thought unless it doesn't match up with your views? It's typical left thinking.
What are your thoughts on abortion as it applies to individuals “BODY” choices? I’ll hang up and listen…

I posted the links in support of @clayber read those links and you will believe him.

you posted links to the ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine studies. I have no issues with that and I’m totally for pushing these options if they work. What I can’t find are any articles, stories or studies that support claybers commentary on the vaccine.

Typical ignorant thinking is making up arguments for others to then try to win the fake argument. Straw man and all.

Then the usual follow up is saying whatever made up argument you created for someone else is the typical left thinking.

I don’t think it is a wide open free for all…so “lighten up Francis” is appropriate here. I would agree immigration reform and a appropriate path to citizenship is much needed.

No offense, but if you actually think that then you have absolutely no clue what is going on down there. You should get to know some border patrol agents, DPS officers or local residents.

It very much is a goddamned free for all. If it’s not then it’ll do until the free for all gets here.

Reactions: texasguyto
Are there really Aggies stupid enough on here not to understand the massive increase of illegal aliens streaming across the border since the election. I live on the border in the Rio Grande Valley and they are catching record levels of immigrants and they are not just from central America but from around the world. The border patrol is totally outmanned and overwhelmed. The ones rounded up are shipped off by bus or plane to the rest of the state and country. No one knows how many of these have covid 19 or others diseases. I have border patrol friends who feel practically helpless. We basically have an open border and most of the people down here don't like it.
The numbers don’t lie. It’s a problem. The reasons the problem exists is debatable, as is how to resolve the issue. But the existence of the issue isn’t something I’ve seen debated on here.

I have, however, read Aggies who believe there is some globalist elite society that created Covid as a means to reduce the population so as to put small businesses in America out of business and boost “big box stores”

But you focus on whatever you think is stupid and ignore that complete lunacy.

Reactions: camp_walker75

Oh, I forgot the good ladies at Treasured Vessels Foundation that I mentioned earlier. Over 400 girls are trafficked and sold for sex in Dallas every night. Do you know where many of them come from?

Go ahead Camp Walker. Guess. Or I can give you their contact information and you can take your smug stance to them and have them educate you,

What an uninformed opinion, but I guess we all have the right to that.

Last edited:
The numbers don’t lie. It’s a problem. The reasons the problem exists is debatable, as is how to resolve the issue. But the existence of the issue isn’t something I’ve seen debated on here.

I have, however, read Aggies who believe there is some globalist elite society that created Covid as a means to reduce the population so as to put small businesses in America out of business and boost “big box stores”

But you focus on whatever you think is stupid and ignore that complete lunacy.

There are stupid shitheads everywhere you turn. With a school as huge as ours, we’ll have them as well.

No offense, but if you actually think that then you have absolutely no clue what is going on down there. You should get to know some border patrol agents, DPS officers or local residents.

It very much is a goddamned free for all. If it’s not then it’ll do until the free for all gets here.
You get to know a lot of these folks from your “Gulfstream” crowd? I’m not sure how it could be “free for all” with that big damn wall Trump built?

You get to know a lot of these folks from your “Gulfstream” crowd? I’m not sure how it could be “free for all” with that big damn wall Trump built?

That’s funny. Are clever responses like that working out well? I hope so.

Like I said before. You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about. Smart ass remarks like that just show that you must have some weird ass political view that clouds your vision. My advice is to get to know some people with actual knowledge of the situation. Or don’t. Ignorance allows you to spout off the stupid shit you just typed.

Only on this board can a COVID thread morph into a debate on illegal immigration and abortion.

Let’s keep it going. Down with guns!

• Haha
Reactions: CheekySchneider
Only on this board can a COVID thread morph into a debate on illegal immigration and abortion.

Covid doesn’t exist in a vacuum. It’s disappointing that this had to be pointed out to you.

It's really not a big leap considering there are reports that 40% of the illegal immigrants caught and placed in the detention centers have tested positive for covid.

And of course the pro-abortion rallying cry of "my body, my choice" is suddenly either no longer relevant or absolutely sacrosanct depending on your personal thoughts on the matter.

As for the pissing match between folks, particularly @clayber, @camp_walker75, and @Aggie98nHouston everybody is just spouting half-correct positions. I posted numbers from the CDC a few pages ago which listed, as of May 28, 160 people who had died from covid after being fully vaccinated.

No vaccine is foolproof and there simply isn't the long-term data yet as to efficacy or side effects (edit for clarification- I'm referring to long-term immunity from the vaccine without boosters not whether or not it works initially, the data is pretty clear that it does in something like 98%+ of those who get the vaccine). I had covid and it was extremely mild- no fever or respiratory symptoms just 36 hours of feeling like I'd been beaten with a bat and really fatigued. Anyway, I spoke with my primary care doc and his message was that he was advising his high-risk patients to absolutely get vaccinated because the risk of a bad covid case was worse than risks from the vaccine. However, as I had already had it and am generally low-risk he said he wouldn't advise against the vaccines but that the lack of long-term data makes the risks of covid vs. the vaccine much more tolerable. If there were a greater risk, such as mentioned with smallpox and so forth, that would drastically change the risk assessment.

Of course there are outliers of healthy people in the low-risk categories who get really, really sick or even die but the numbers of those cases are minuscule. The data has been pretty clear for a while now, unless you're over the age of about 55-60 and/or have underlying health conditions the risks of a serious case or death are statistically insignificant.

As to why the medical establishment has not embraced things like HCQ or ivermectin despite substantial anecdotal evidence that they both help it's simply the mindset of the medical community to: 1) be very resistant to off-label uses; and 2) take a very jaundiced look on things which haven't been tested in a clinical manner. It didn't help when Trump started talking about them with his standard inarticulate delivery that sounds like a borderline literate mobster trying to explain Nietsche.

At this point if you haven't been vaccinated or have natural immunity from a covid infection then whatever happens is on you and our policies at all levels of government should proceed on this line of thought.

It's really not a big leap considering there are reports that 40% of the illegal immigrants caught and placed in the detention centers have tested positive for covid.

And of course the pro-abortion rallying cry of "my body, my choice" is suddenly either no longer relevant or absolutely sacrosanct depending on your personal thoughts on the matter.

As for the pissing match between folks, particularly @clayber, @camp_walker75, and @Aggie98nHouston everybody is just spouting half-correct positions. I posted numbers from the CDC a few pages ago which listed, as of May 28, 160 people who had died from covid after being fully vaccinated.

No vaccine is foolproof and there simply isn't the long-term data yet as to efficacy or side effects (edit for clarification- I'm referring to long-term immunity from the vaccine without boosters not whether or not it works initially, the data is pretty clear that it does in something like 98%+ of those who get the vaccine). I had covid and it was extremely mild- no fever or respiratory symptoms just 36 hours of feeling like I'd been beaten with a bat and really fatigued. Anyway, I spoke with my primary care doc and his message was that he was advising his high-risk patients to absolutely get vaccinated because the risk of a bad covid case was worse than risks from the vaccine. However, as I had already had it and am generally low-risk he said he wouldn't advise against the vaccines but that the lack of long-term data makes the risks of covid vs. the vaccine much more tolerable. If there were a greater risk, such as mentioned with smallpox and so forth, that would drastically change the risk assessment.

Of course there are outliers of healthy people in the low-risk categories who get really, really sick or even die but the numbers of those cases are minuscule. The data has been pretty clear for a while now, unless you're over the age of about 55-60 and/or have underlying health conditions the risks of a serious case or death are statistically insignificant.

As to why the medical establishment has not embraced things like HCQ or ivermectin despite substantial anecdotal evidence that they both help it's simply the mindset of the medical community to: 1) be very resistant to off-label uses; and 2) take a very jaundiced look on things which haven't been tested in a clinical manner. It didn't help when Trump started talking about them with his standard inarticulate delivery that sounds like a borderline literate mobster trying to explain Nietsche.

At this point if you haven't been vaccinated or have natural immunity from a covid infection then whatever happens is on you and our policies at all levels of government should proceed on this line of thought.

Go ahead and touch em all because your last paragraph was a moon shot.

Good job, Ag.

Glad you had a mild case. Hopefully, you don't develop nervous system issues and inflammation from long haul COVID. Having traveled 120 segments I got COVID before the vaccine was available and it came on and off for months. The vaccine actually cured it for me.

Read an article this morning that now Phizer and Moderna are concerned because the efficacy is so good they may not have a recurring business model. So "experimental" as the vaccine is, I'm not sure I would buy the argument that taking some horse dewormer is also not an experiment and a better solution. That was never designed to be used on humans. This was. But each their own.

Oh, I forgot the good ladies at Treasured Vessels Foundation that I mentioned earlier. Over 400 girls are trafficked and sold for sex in Dallas every night. Do you know where many of them come from?

Go ahead Camp Walker. Guess. Or I can give you their contact information and you can take your smug stance to them and have them educate you,

What an uninformed opinion, but I guess we all have the right to that.
This is so true. I live at ground zero in the Rio Grande Valley. Children are being trafficked as sex workers, criminals with U.S. police records are caught every day, and thousands of people are flooding across the border every day. However all of you sheltered wealthy liberal border walls are evil types are not that concerned because open borders mostly harms working class and lower middle class people. Your ignorance of how serious the problem is astounding.

Reactions: clayber
Glad you had a mild case. Hopefully, you don't develop nervous system issues and inflammation from long haul COVID. Having traveled 120 segments I got COVID before the vaccine was available and it came on and off for months. The vaccine actually cured it for me.

Read an article this morning that now Phizer and Moderna are concerned because the efficacy is so good they may not have a recurring business model. So "experimental" as the vaccine is, I'm not sure I would buy the argument that taking some horse dewormer is also not an experiment and a better solution. That was never designed to be used on humans. This was. But each their own.

Again, a minuscule percentage of cases had these long-term effects and there's a growing body of evidence that the individuals with these "long-haul" symptoms already had such issues whether latent and "released" by covid or not. Regarding the myocarditis, the studies are showing that it actually occurs more frequently in flu patients and even then resolves itself in the vast majority of occurrences.

Ivermectin is also widely used in humans and has known anti-inflammatory benefits. However, it's also a prescription drug and people have resorted to purchasing the exact same drug only in a different concentration. I was given ivermectin when I was a small child and we lived in India while my father was doing a research sabbatical in Hyderabad. I also had to take anti-malarial medication like tetracycline. The FDA's own website doesn't completely dismiss the efficacy of ivermectin, it merely says it hasn't been studied enough for the FDA to approve the use in that manner, that there are serious potential side effects (true), and that the products manufactured for livestock are of a stronger concentration (also true).

And there are studies supporting the efficacy of ivermectin in treating covid thanks to those anti-inflammatory benefits.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7476419/

https://journals.lww.com/americanth...mectin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of.7.aspx

I'm not dismissing Ivermectin. I practically bathed in it working cattle as a child. D&D farm and ranch, etc. I'm just saying what worked for me, which was the vaccine. Having been to so many countries and places I have also developed a list of exposures, from mosquitos to scabies to other things.

As much as I want to believe, it's not FDA approved for viral infection according to the National Institute of Health. When it does get approved I'm down.

"Ivermectin is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiparasitic drug that is used to treat several neglected tropical diseases, including onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies. It is also being evaluated for its potential to reduce the rate of malaria transmission by killing mosquitoes that feed on treated humans and livestock. For these indications, ivermectin has been widely used and is generally well tolerated. Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for the treatment of any viral infection."

Last edited:
I'm not dismissing Ivermectin. I practically bathed in it working cattle as a child. D&D farm and ranch, etc. I'm just saying what worked for me, which was the vaccine.

Point of fact from your previous post though, ivermectin was absolutely developed for human use and was used on humans before livestock. Especially in tropical countries.

Sure, the efficacy of it on covid is not clinically proven but it's also not been subject to the same clinical rigors for use on covid either. However, it has a very long history of use in humans. Old drug, new disease.

I'm going to trust the FDA and NIH on this. I know, it's government. I'm an engineer, not a doctor. But they don't build airplanes, and I don't fix people. But whatever you want to do is your life. I understand it and agree somewhat.

I'm going to trust the FDA and NIH on this. I know, it's government. I'm an engineer, not a doctor. But they don't build airplanes, and I don't fix people. But whatever you want to do is your life. I understand it and agree somewhat.

Off-label use of drugs is extremely common. Doesn't mean they don't work.

There are literally hundreds of prescription drugs which are FDA approved for one use that are effective and legally able to be used for another treatment despite lacking FDA approval for that use.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/off-label-drug-prescriptions/

Why would ivermectin or HCQ be different in this instance? I'll give you 3 guesses but you seem smart enough to probably only need one.

I'm not arguing with you. If the logic is the solution is not a suitable solution because the vaccine was FDA approved for emergency use only, but the solution is to use something that is not FDA approved for a virus, how do we put those two together? Which is it?

I'm not arguing with you. If the logic is the solution is not a suitable solution because the vaccine was FDA approved for emergency use only, but the solution is to use something that is not FDA approved for a virus, how do we put those two together? Which is it?

I'd argue that for a lot of people it's the fact that ivermectin has been around for 50 years or so with long-term data on side effects, etc. vs. these vaccines and a lot of people see the not insubstantial amount of anecdotal evidence and equate that as being on par with an extremely short (at least by typical FDA standards) clinical trial for the vaccines.

And I'm not arguing one way or the other for or against ivermectin and/or HCQ but it's pretty ridiculous that there are numerous reports (HCQ needs to be an early intervention from what I've read, late-stage it doesn't help) and early-stage studies showing the benefits of these vs. covid but the outright dismissal was so highly politicized that it can't be ignored.

That being said, let's be honest here. If Biden had been out there pushing ivermectin and HCQ the sides would be almost completely reversed. Same for vaccination.

Brilliant. I slow clap for this.

The complete and utter stupidity of his statement and your reaction cannot be overstated.

Regardless of your position on abortion there is one outcome and one outcome only. The ending of a life.

Choosing to not inject a vaccine into your own body has virtually infinite outcomes, the majority of which are exceedingly benign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT