ADVERTISEMENT

MLB caves and moves all star game

You quote randos on Twitter as a news source if it fits your conspiracy but discount nonprofit groups whose entire purpose is to help spread truth?

the majority of my postings from Twitter are videos of Biden embarrassing himself in front of a camera.

I did recently post a Twitter montage of the “news source” cnn jerking themselves to Andrew cuomo prior to getting me too’d. Maybe that’s what you’re talking about?

Otherwise, I’m going to need a link to these randos I’ve been been quoting.

Reactions: wick
The post of somebody who has no clue of what capitalism and markets really are. These are the acts and statements of cronyists disguised as capitalists. This is more akin to the corporate fascism of 1930’s Germany.

it will be funny when the mob comes for SEC/state of texas/A&M sports.

And by funny, I mean in the “Islam was right about women” progressive paradox sort of way.

the majority of my postings from Twitter are videos of Biden embarrassing himself in front of a camera.

I did recently post a Twitter montage of the “news source” cnn jerking themselves to Andrew cuomo prior to getting me too’d. Maybe that’s what you’re talking about?

Otherwise, I’m going to need a link to these randos I’ve been been quoting.
Search your handle and Twitter and you’ll see 4 pages of post this year. It’s around 60-70 post.

The majority of the posts are videos of the people you voted for (basically using Twitter as YouTube), their direct quotes, or their direct tweets from their verified Twitter accounts.

One more time: where are all of these randos I’m reposting here?

All this did was take money out of several minorities pockets who work in the stadium and around the area. Not to mention others. I betcha MLB has no idea of what is in the bill. Clown world we are living in.

Reactions: texasguyto
What’s a good argument for not wanting to confirm the identity of a person before they cast a vote?

I am not watching another MLB game on TV or attending one in person for the rest of my life, which is not expected to be that many years.
Also, will not fly Delta or American again. I gave up soft drinks many years ago, because they are among the worst foods you can put in your body. So my cancel culture is a moot point in that regard.

What’s a good argument for not wanting to confirm the identity of a person before they cast a vote?
I don’t know your background but guess you did not grow up in total poverty. Sometimes it’s hard to really understand what that means. I doubt this will make any difference to you, but this article has some examples of why requiring an ID means lots of people won’t vote.

Reactions: jeffmc and bioaggie
I don’t know your background but guess you did not grow up in total poverty. Sometimes it’s hard to really understand what that means. I doubt this will make any difference to you, but this article has some examples of why requiring an ID means lots of people won’t vote.

So how do these people do anything else. You got to have an I D to do anything including getting welfare or food vouchers

paywall, didn’t read.

I would love to see the Venn diagram of people that are eligible to vote, want to vote, have a consistent address which identifies their voting district, can pass a drug test, and can’t afford $16 every 6 years for an ID. Are we talking 14 people in the entire country that meet this criteria?

it’s quite fitting that a poster arguing in favor of insecure voting was also arguing in another thread earlier today that our last election was fair.

regardless, none of that is a good explanation for why we should not ensure that our elections are as secure as possible.

What is to stop people from voting multiple times or where they aren’t eligible?

Last edited:
So you don’t actually want to see any information that contradicts your beliefs. Don’t say you do anymore.

At the time of that article in 2016, there were over 600,000 registered voters in Texas that did not have the ID required. Registered voters. So, a tad more than 14 nationwide. Could most get it? Probably, but the article shows how difficult that can be for some people. It’s not always as easy as jumping into your new car and heading to the DMV. You’ll never believe that because that’s the way it’s always been for you though. Any hurdles you put up to vote means some won’t jump it.

So you don’t actually want to see any information that contradicts your beliefs. Don’t say you do anymore.

At the time of that article in 2016, there were over 600,000 registered voters in Texas that did not have the ID required. Registered voters. So, a tad more than 14 nationwide. Could most get it? Probably, but the article shows how difficult that can be for some people. It’s not always as easy as jumping into your new car and heading to the DMV. You’ll never believe that because that’s the way it’s always been for you though. Any hurdles you put up to vote means some won’t jump it.

there were not 600k registered voters in texas that could not afford sufficient ID to vote.

Any citizen who does not have an approved ID can apply for a free Election Identification Certificate from a Department of Public Safety driver license office

You still haven’t given a good reason for not wanting secure elections.

Reactions: superag1000

Opened the link you provided and the article will not open unless I provide my email address to the Washington Post.
Since I am not in the habit of providing my email to whoever asks for I declined.

on the whole I disagree with your position on voting rights. While there are always exceptions to every thing I believe the overwhelming number of eligible voters do have or can obtain Valid IDs with minimal inconvenience.

Trying to set policy based on the needs of a very small minority of voters will undermine the integrity of everyone’s vote IMO.

Looks like no one here will be flying American Airlines, cancelling cable and cell service through ATT, and buying new laptops that aren’t Dell.

there were not 600k registered voters in texas that could not afford sufficient ID to vote.

Any citizen who does not have an approved ID can apply for a free Election Identification Certificate from a Department of Public Safety driver license office

You still haven’t given a good reason for not wanting secure elections.
I said 600,000 registered voters in Texas didn’t have an ID. 25% of African Americans in Texas don’t have a drivers license.

I know it seems really easy for us to get one and hard to fathom it not being easy. But for some, it isn’t. If you don’t have car and birth certificate, it’s now difficult to get an ID. Not impossible by any means, but the more hoops you make people jump through the more will not do it. The research and data is there. There is no contrary data. If the argument is, tough - we need these laws it’s worth it even if it means some people won’t vote, then fine. That’s not an unreasonable position at all. But you can’t deny it makes poor people less likely to vote. That is just ignoring all the evidence.

Reactions: jeffmc
Trying to set policy based on the needs of a very small minority of voters will undermine the integrity of everyone’s vote IMO.

If they actually cared about the small number of people that can’t afford $3/yr for an ID, or cant afford the free election ID certificate, they’d give these people their hard earned money to buy IDs.

But they don’t actually care.

this is about access to a pipeline of votes that can be tapped on demand with zero accountability.

Reactions: BDB99
I said 600,000 registered voters in Texas didn’t have an ID. 25% of African Americans in Texas don’t have a drivers license.

I know it seems really easy for us to get one and hard to fathom it not being easy. But for some, it isn’t. If you don’t have car and birth certificate, it’s now difficult to get an ID. Not impossible by any means, but the more hoops you make people jump through the more will not do it. The research and data is there. There is no contrary data. If the argument is, tough - we need these laws it’s worth it even if it means some people won’t vote, then fine. That’s not an unreasonable position at all. But you can’t deny it makes poor people less likely to vote. That is just ignoring all the evidence.

it isn’t so hard to get an ID that we should waive any notion of election security so that more people can vote.

if an able bodied person in the United States of America in 2021 can’t overcome the barriers to having an ID that can be used in accordance with a secure election process, they have failed in life. Tough shit.

it isn’t so hard to get an ID that we should waive any notion of election security so that more people can vote.

if an able bodied person in the United States of America in 2021 can’t overcome the barriers to having an ID that can be used in accordance with a secure election process, they have failed in life. Tough shit.
So the same people that allegedly ‘can’t get an ID to vote’ apparently then can’t:

1) fly on an airline
2) cash a check
3) buy a drink at a bar
4) buy cigarettes at a convenience store
5) rent a hotel room
6) buy liquor

etc.

the point is that there are a ton of things that require a picture ID today, one of which is to vote.

Now we never hear about the non-voting activities , just the need for a photo ID to vote. I call bullsh*t on the political notion that it’s unfair. It‘s not. But it makes illegal voting much more difficult. just plain BS.

“Georgia republicans must renounce the harm they have inflicted on our economy”

So the same people that allegedly ‘can’t get an ID to vote’ apparently then can’t:

1) fly on an airline
2) cash a check
3) buy a drink at a bar
4) buy cigarettes at a convenience store
5) rent a hotel room
6) buy liquor

etc.

the point is that there are a ton of things that require a picture ID today, one of which is to vote.

Now we never hear about the non-voting activities , just the need for a photo ID to vote. I call bullsh*t on the political notion that it’s unfair. It‘s not. But it makes illegal voting much more difficult. just plain BS.

Nothing you mentioned is guaranteed to anyone by the Constitution.

Reactions: bioaggie
Don’t you have to have an id for the coronavirus shot and test? Is it racist to make these same people prove that they have been vaccinated with their new vaccine passport bullshit they’re trying to come up with. More proof they stole the damn election and we live in a corrupt state that has no business pointing the finger at any nation for their shady bullshit. We are a joke and Stacy Abrams is a big reason why. That’s proof shit was stolen in Georgia

... and so?? I might add that voting is restricted to citizenship as a criteria also.

...and so?? No one is arguing that those who aren’t legally allowed to vote should be voting. Any other brain busters?

Let me make this easy for you.

One side is arguing that these laws are disproportionately making it harder for certain demographics to legally vote.

One side is arguing that these laws are making it easier for those who can’t legally vote to vote.

Neither side is wrong.

That’s the problem. Certain people have been conditioned that it’s either one or the other. There are sheep on both sides of the argument and neither sees the other’s viewpoint as valid. Rather than attempt to empathize with or understand differing viewpoints we all go into our corners with people who share the same opinions and see who can shout louder.

It’s really a shame what two party politics has done to this country the last 15 or so years.

Reactions: wick
...and so?? No one is arguing that those who aren’t legally allowed to vote should be voting. Any other brain busters?

One side is arguing that these laws are disproportionately making it harder for certain demographics to legally vote.

One side is arguing that these laws are making it easier for those who can’t legally vote to vote.

Neither side is wrong.

That’s the problem. Certain people have been conditioned that it’s either one or the other. There are sheep on both sides of the argument and neither sees the other’s viewpoint as valid. Rather than attempt to empathize with or understand differing viewpoints we all go into our corners with people who share the same opinions and see who can shout louder.

It’s really a shame what two party politics has done to this country the last 15 or so years.
I think we might be on the same track in a way. My point is that we all have zero problem with photo ID in a very wide range of day to day activities ranging from getting a COVID shot to purchasing and operating a vehicle. Yet we dwell on the obvious, that some people can’t make the leap that a picture ID is the simplest way to ensure the principle of ‘One person, one vote’. Just do it!

Reactions: texasguyto and wick

Wow really....you know that you can a state ID that is not a drivers license. A driver license is not the only form of legal ID. Please stop with the bigotry of low expectations.

Reactions: texasguyto
I think we might be on the same track in a way. My point is that we all have zero problem with photo ID in a very wide range of day to day activities ranging from getting a COVID shot to purchasing and operating a vehicle. Yet we dwell on the obvious, that some people can’t make the leap that a picture ID is the simplest way to ensure the principle of ‘One person, one vote’. Just do it!

And I totally understand and don’t necessarily disagree with your sentiment. My only point is that some who do not necessarily fully agree with you do so not with malicious intent but because they do fully believe that laws such as these do disproportionately discourage or limit certain demographics from voting.

Are there some who want laws like these relaxed for malicious intent. Absolutely. Are there some who want to obstruct ease of voting for certain demographics for malicious intent? Absolutely.

My only ask is that for those who lean or stand both left and right to try to see the positive intent of the others side’s argument and focus less on the fringe of each political party with poor intent. Not just for this but for all of the topics that divide us right now. It’s shitty that we have had to move an entire topic to a separate board because a bunch of Aggies can’t discuss things civilly. It’s a microcosm of the country and world we live in and we share much more in common with each other than a vast majority of the people across the country we are asking to have discourse and reach compromise.

Reactions: jeffmc

Neither side is wrong.

It has been definitively proven that the bolded claim is completely untrue. Dems make this claim but in every singly instance it’s implemented voter ID laws increase minority turnout. Further, minorities overwhelmingly support voter ID laws.

Even if (it that’s a HUGE if) these laws are a solution in search of a problem they absolutely make elections more secure, valid, and fair. It’s not even really up for debate as study after study has borne this out. Now ask why one side is opposed to that- it ain’t because it disenfranchises anybody.

Wow really....you know that you can a state ID that is not a drivers license. A driver license is not the only form of legal ID. Please stop with the bigotry of low expectations.
Bigotry of low expectations is the stupidest thing I’ve seen here in a while. I’ve never even advocated a position on this. All I’ve shown is data. Data doesn’t have expectations, high or low. All data says requiring an ID will lower voter turnout for poor people.

Offshore believes that the benefits of requiring voter ID is worth it. Totally reasonable position. I think I lean that way myself. But to argue it doesn’t lower turnout is wrong and shouldn’t be argued by anyone with access to the internet and 5 minutes to kill.

Now tell me about this dumb bigotry thing you saw Tucker Carlson say and have been yearning to repeat as if it’s your own.

Reactions: bcg_2006
bacon.BLUE-GEORGIA.1118.png

Bigotry of low expectations is the stupidest thing I’ve seen here in a while. I’ve never even advocated a position on this. All I’ve shown is data. Data doesn’t have expectations, high or low. All data says requiring an ID will lower voter turnout for poor people.

Offshore believes that the benefits of requiring voter ID is worth it. Totally reasonable position. I think I lean that way myself. But to argue it doesn’t lower turnout is wrong and shouldn’t be argued by anyone with access to the internet and 5 minutes to kill.

Now tell me about this dumb bigotry thing you saw Tucker Carlson say and have been yearning to repeat as if it’s your own.
Actually Candace Owens said that quote and she has a valid point. So are the voter ID requirements in blue states racist? I believe NY and Delaware require voter ID's. I guess Biden is ok with racism in Delaware. I believe verifying who is voting with an ID gives confidence in the election outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT