ADVERTISEMENT

For the Ags taking ivermectin as a Covid preventative:

So why is the study published in the most recent edition of the American Journal of Therapeutics not qualify as a valid study in your opinion? Serious question.

https://journals.lww.com/americanth...mectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx
"Before its withdrawal, the paper was viewed more than 150,000 times, cited more than 30 times and included in a number of meta-analyses that collect trial findings into a single, statistically weighted result. In one recent meta-analysis in the American Journal of Therapeutics that found ivermectin greatly reduced COVID-19 deaths4, the Elgazzar paper accounted for 15.5% of the effect."
One of the authors of the meta-analysis, statistician Andrew Bryant at Newcastle University, UK, says that his team corresponded with Elgazzar before publishing the work to clarify some data. “We had no reason to doubt the integrity of [Professor] Elgazzar,” he said in an e-mail. He added that in a pandemic setting, no one can reanalyse all of the raw data from patient records when writing a review. Bryant went on to say that his group will revise the conclusion if investigations find the study to be unreliable. However, even if the study is removed, the meta-analysis would still show that ivermectin causes a major reduction in deaths from COVID-19, he says.

Reliable data needed​

The paper’s withdrawal is not the first scandal to dog studies of ivermectin and COVID-19. Hill thinks many of the other ivermectin trial papers that he has scanned are likely to be flawed or statistically biased. Many rely on small sample sizes or were not randomized or well controlled, he says. And in 2020, an observational study of the drug was withdrawn after scientists raised concerns about it and a few other papers using data by the company Surgisphere that investigated a range of repurposed drugs against COVID-19. “We’ve seen a pattern of people releasing information that’s not reliable,” says Hill. “It’s hard enough to do work on COVID and treatment without people distorting databases.”

Carlos Chaccour, a global-health researcher at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health in Spain, says it has been difficult to conduct rigorous studies on ivermectin. That’s partly because funders and academics in wealthy countries haven’t supported them, and, he suspects, have often dismissed trials of ivermectin because most of them have been done in lower-income countries. Furthermore, says Rodrigo Zoni, a cardiologist at the Corrientes Cardiology Institute in Argentina, it is difficult to recruit participants because many people — particularly in Latin America — are already taking the widely available drug in an attempt to prevent COVID-19.

How a torrent of COVID science changed research publishing — in seven charts
Adding to the difficulty are conspiracy theories holding that ivermectin has been proven to work and that drug companies are depriving the public of a cheap cure. Chaccour says he has been called ‘genocidal’ for doing research on the drug rather than just endorsing it.

Although the jury is still out on ivermectin, many say the retraction speaks to the difficulty of assessing research during a pandemic. “I personally have lost all faith in the results of [ivermectin] trials published to date,” says Gideon Meyerowitz-Katz, an epidemiologist at the University of Wollongong in Australia who helped Lawrence to analyse the Elgazzar paper. It’s not yet possible to assess whether ivermectin works against COVID-19 because the data currently available are not of sufficiently high quality, he says, adding that he is reading other ivermectin papers in his spare time, looking for signs of fraud or other problems.

Chaccour and others studying ivermectin say that proof of whether the drug is effective against COVID-19 rests on a handful of large, ongoing studies, including a trial in Brazil with more than 3,500 participants. By the end of 2021, says Zoni, around 33,000 people will have participated in some kind of ivermectin trial.

“I think it is our duty to exhaust all potential benefits,” says Chaccour, especially given that most countries still do not have widespread access to vaccines. “Ultimately if you do a trial and it fails, fine, but at least we tried.”
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

Reactions: Longneck 80
so, another bannon stooge pushing bunk science for purely political reasons.

and all the lapdogs eat it up because they just can't admit they've been repeatedly conned.

and by a guy who's such a loser that he lost to doddering old joe biden.

maybe the my pillow guy can save him.

lmfao.

I highly recommend watching this Dr speak in front of the senate. It’s not a political statement by him at all. It’s what he has seen w ivermectin and it’s very convincing.
well apparently Factcheck.org has not listened to this guy

and all the lapdogs eat it up because they just can't admit they've been repeatedly conned.

lmfao.
so you voted for Biden and want to lecture everyone about being conned?

relative to trump?

you bet.

now go ahead and turn up the volume like you always do.

it’s funny.

It absolutely worked for me and many, many other patients all over the world. Why do you dispute this?
There is a difference between causation and correlation. I haven’t caught Covid yet and I drink coffee every morning…

I have no idea if this stuff works or not, but saying you took it and got better does not show causation.

"Before its withdrawal, the paper was viewed more than 150,000 times, cited more than 30 times and included in a number of meta-analyses that collect trial findings into a single, statistically weighted result. In one recent meta-analysis in the American Journal of Therapeutics that found ivermectin greatly reduced COVID-19 deaths4, the Elgazzar paper accounted for 15.5% of the effect."
One of the authors of the meta-analysis, statistician Andrew Bryant at Newcastle University, UK, says that his team corresponded with Elgazzar before publishing the work to clarify some data. “We had no reason to doubt the integrity of [Professor] Elgazzar,” he said in an e-mail. He added that in a pandemic setting, no one can reanalyse all of the raw data from patient records when writing a review. Bryant went on to say that his group will revise the conclusion if investigations find the study to be unreliable. However, even if the study is removed, the meta-analysis would still show that ivermectin causes a major reduction in deaths from COVID-19, he says.

Reliable data needed​

The paper’s withdrawal is not the first scandal to dog studies of ivermectin and COVID-19. Hill thinks many of the other ivermectin trial papers that he has scanned are likely to be flawed or statistically biased. Many rely on small sample sizes or were not randomized or well controlled, he says. And in 2020, an observational study of the drug was withdrawn after scientists raised concerns about it and a few other papers using data by the company Surgisphere that investigated a range of repurposed drugs against COVID-19. “We’ve seen a pattern of people releasing information that’s not reliable,” says Hill. “It’s hard enough to do work on COVID and treatment without people distorting databases.”

Carlos Chaccour, a global-health researcher at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health in Spain, says it has been difficult to conduct rigorous studies on ivermectin. That’s partly because funders and academics in wealthy countries haven’t supported them, and, he suspects, have often dismissed trials of ivermectin because most of them have been done in lower-income countries. Furthermore, says Rodrigo Zoni, a cardiologist at the Corrientes Cardiology Institute in Argentina, it is difficult to recruit participants because many people — particularly in Latin America — are already taking the widely available drug in an attempt to prevent COVID-19.

How a torrent of COVID science changed research publishing — in seven charts
Adding to the difficulty are conspiracy theories holding that ivermectin has been proven to work and that drug companies are depriving the public of a cheap cure. Chaccour says he has been called ‘genocidal’ for doing research on the drug rather than just endorsing it.

Although the jury is still out on ivermectin, many say the retraction speaks to the difficulty of assessing research during a pandemic. “I personally have lost all faith in the results of [ivermectin] trials published to date,” says Gideon Meyerowitz-Katz, an epidemiologist at the University of Wollongong in Australia who helped Lawrence to analyse the Elgazzar paper. It’s not yet possible to assess whether ivermectin works against COVID-19 because the data currently available are not of sufficiently high quality, he says, adding that he is reading other ivermectin papers in his spare time, looking for signs of fraud or other problems.

Chaccour and others studying ivermectin say that proof of whether the drug is effective against COVID-19 rests on a handful of large, ongoing studies, including a trial in Brazil with more than 3,500 participants. By the end of 2021, says Zoni, around 33,000 people will have participated in some kind of ivermectin trial.

“I think it is our duty to exhaust all potential benefits,” says Chaccour, especially given that most countries still do not have widespread access to vaccines. “Ultimately if you do a trial and it fails, fine, but at least we tried.”
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w
Thanks Tom. Apparently AB infusions are becoming much more available in Texas. If I were to get sick again that would be the first therapy I ask my doctor about.

sheep-just-give-us-the-vaccine-we-dont-care-whats-in-it.jpg

Does the speed at which this vaccine is being administered not concern you? Add in the fact that it’s not working.

and before you start on the less sickness of vaccines people, How would you know?I personally know at least 60 people who got Covid. Almost all of them said it was no big deal. My dad had it the worst, he was pretty sick for 3 days. He’s also now vaccinated at 78 years old.

Based on talks with doctor friends and a couple nurses I think a large problem with the unvaccinated people who are getting sick right now is their fairly delusion self-perception of their own health.

Other than age, obesity and associated health concerns are the #1 driver of serious cases and death. To the point that 80% of the hospitalizations and deaths have been obese people. And in deaths there have consistently been 3 or more associated comorbidities. I don't believe it's being publicly stated but every single time they release some statistics on people in Houston who died they state the person had underlying health issues.

I don't want to come off hypocritically here because I have the fats. But I'm also not in denial about it. If I hadn't already had covid and a very easy time of it I'd probably have gotten jabbed by now. And I'm working to lose weight. When covid first hit I dropped about 40# pretty much solely through diet between mid-March 2020 and August- over the years I've dropped and gained 60-70# several times- usually with a really restrictive diet and hard core exercise routine that's just not sustainable long-term. Then I hit a plateau and when I got covid I fell off the wagon and gained it all back plus about 10#. Had a physical back in March and fortunately, apart from my weight my BP is good, so is my blood sugar (ie- not diabetic), and I have low cholesterol. Started getting my shit together in terms of diet and exercise really since May/June. However, instead of being extremely restrictive in my diet I've gotten better about portion control and exercising a lot. With my knees being fcked up I got back into swimming. I've worked up so that in the last couple weeks I'm doing a mile in the pool every weekday morning. Today I did my fastest mile swim (see pic below) and since June I've dropped like 33-34#. I still have a long way to go but I feel like I'm on a much more sustainable lifestyle than when I've dropped weight before.

Anyway, I digress...

...my point is that these people in the hospital and dying THINK they're in good shape and healthy when they're actually borderline obese (and sometimes just flat out obese) but think "hey, I'm not that fat I'm just big boned" or some bullshit. Like 90% of the people in the hospital for covid fit this profile. And a large percentage of them are undiagnosed and untreated type-2 diabetic, have high BP, high cholesterol, and get winded going up flight of stairs. They are not "otherwise healthy."

I'm really not casting judgment because I've pretty much been that person. These are people who should almost certainly get vaccinated. And if I hadn't had covid before vaccines were available and still have the antibodies I'd probably have gotten jabbed by now.

Point being- know how healthy or unhealthy you are and be honest about it. And unless you're sub-15% body fat you probably need to do more cardio and spend more time outside. I can tell you that an hour outside in the pool in the fresh air and sunshine every morning feels great.

Edited: best mile time so far. Goal is to get to where I swim a mile under an hour consistently and then add more distance.
239828454_10226672056696161_2995908474686979286_n.jpg

Based on talks with doctor friends and a couple nurses I think a large problem with the unvaccinated people who are getting sick right now is their fairly delusion self-perception of their own health.

Other than age, obesity and associated health concerns are the #1 driver of serious cases and death. To the point that 80% of the hospitalizations and deaths have been obese people. And in deaths there have consistently been 3 or more associated comorbidities. I don't believe it's being publicly stated but every single time they release some statistics on people in Houston who died they state the person had underlying health issues.

I don't want to come off hypocritically here because I have the fats. But I'm also not in denial about it. If I hadn't already had covid and a very easy time of it I'd probably have gotten jabbed by now. And I'm working to lose weight. When covid first hit I dropped about 40# pretty much solely through diet between mid-March 2020 and August- over the years I've dropped and gained 60-70# several times- usually with a really restrictive diet and hard core exercise routine that's just not sustainable long-term. Then I hit a plateau and when I got covid I fell off the wagon and gained it all back plus about 10#. Had a physical back in March and fortunately, apart from my weight my BP is good, so is my blood sugar (ie- not diabetic), and I have low cholesterol. Started getting my shit together in terms of diet and exercise really since May/June. However, instead of being extremely restrictive in my diet I've gotten better about portion control and exercising a lot. With my knees being fcked up I got back into swimming. I've worked up so that in the last couple weeks I'm doing a mile in the pool every weekday morning. Today I did my fastest mile swim (see pic below) and since June I've dropped like 33-34#. I still have a long way to go but I feel like I'm on a much more sustainable lifestyle than when I've dropped weight before.

Anyway, I digress...

...my point is that these people in the hospital and dying THINK they're in good shape and healthy when they're actually borderline obese (and sometimes just flat out obese) but think "hey, I'm not that fat I'm just big boned" or some bullshit. Like 90% of the people in the hospital for covid fit this profile. And a large percentage of them are undiagnosed and untreated type-2 diabetic, have high BP, high cholesterol, and get winded going up flight of stairs. They are not "otherwise healthy."

I'm really not casting judgment because I've pretty much been that person. These are people who should almost certainly get vaccinated. And if I hadn't had covid before vaccines were available and still have the antibodies I'd probably have gotten jabbed by now.

Point being- know how healthy or unhealthy you are and be honest about it. And unless you're sub-15% body fat you probably need to do more cardio and spend more time outside. I can tell you that an hour outside in the pool in the fresh air and sunshine every morning feels great.

Edited: best mile time so far. Goal is to get to where I swim a mile under an hour consistently and then add more distance.
239828454_10226672056696161_2995908474686979286_n.jpg
Congrats on the time!
Wholeheartedly agree. It's your choice.
The comorbidities are the big problem.
I've already had blood clots and one of the main side effects of the shot is more blood clots.
I've tested positive for C19 last year and had the sniffles. I'll take my chances with the new variants, but not with more clots.

they also aren't taking into account that the delta variant is truly different.

kidney doc friend of mine is seeing patients in their twenties with renal failure and no discernible co-morbidities.

but they were all unvaccinated.

Reactions: sigeast02
Yep, I agree about Delta being different. I know more people in bad situations with this outbreak than the first. A couple of my customers are in trouble, one on a vent. Employee's parents on vents, etc. My customers were anti-vaxxers. Very sad.

Yep, I agree about Delta being different. I know more people in bad situations with this outbreak than the first. A couple of my customers are in trouble, one on a vent. Employee's parents on vents, etc. My customers were anti-vaxxers. Very sad.
I’ve waited a couple of days to post this. Had a childhood friend from Amarillo who was anti-vax. He died last week after spending a couple of weeks in ICU. He was late 40’s, in good health and shape.

His wife is begging people who were just like them to open their eyes and go get vaccinated immediately.

This is his hospital bed 2 days before he passed from COVID.

qjgcZ5V.jpg

lmfao.
I came in here to read about Ivermectin. WTF are you talking about? Are you okay?

Reactions: tdogdfw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT