ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan

I’m afraid you may be right. Biden is pleading with them to let everyone out. Trump was working on getting us out of there but his approach was…….we are leaving but if you harm a single american or our friends we will come to your house and extract revenge. One is strength….one is weak.
Those imbeciles only respect one thing and that’s strength. Once you show a weakness you are toast. That’s why Trump was successful with China, Russia, Iran, North Korea , and the Taliban. You can’t give them an inch or they will take a mile. Jim Crow Joe is a worthless POS.

Another good sounding idea that’s gonna turn out to be a total flop. Heard the last American was killed there in Feb of 2020. We prob should’ve stayed. Terrorism will be back.

Rumors are we are paying the taliban to provide time for us to evacuate. Not sure that’s legal if true, or if they could hold back their troops.

eerie similarities

This was all so very predictable. How many times do these government assholes have to watch this putt? If would be laughable if people weren't dying. I'm not laughing.

No reason this should have been moved off the main board.

But now that it is, every single one of the dipshits in this photo should resign immediately.

They should be discharged and court-martialed for lying to presidents. Chain of command dictates. They were saying in July 300k Afghani troops were there and could handle it. Something tells me this was an embellishment.

For me as an American, this might be the darkest and most embarrassing day in my lifetime.

Heads are already rolling in the streets of Kabul. Biden should resign immediately. No one that will take his place will be better, but that doesn't matter.

Buddy has a friend on the ground there part of private security.

Said the Taiban have been quiet not engaging with US forces, most fire is friendly/celebratory, they have kept their distance so far. A few non-Taliban affiliated militias taking pot shots at the embassy and trooops.

Stated that you can see families that were loyal to the US and former regime getting dragged on the streets and executed. Women from these families or those that spoke up are getting gang raped.

To make it even crazier? All us evacuees have to have a Covid test before boarding. Positive go to Kuwait, negative to Germany. The problem? The tests are not the rapid tests, they are the 72 hour tests.

• Angry
Reactions: darterbury
Buddy has a friend on the ground there part of private security.

Said the Taiban have been quiet not engaging with US forces, most fire is friendly/celebratory, they have kept their distance so far. A few non-Taliban affiliated militias taking pot shots at the embassy and trooops.

Stated that you can see families that were loyal to the US and former regime getting dragged on the streets and executed. Women from these families or those that spoke up are getting gang raped.

To make it even crazier? All us evacuees have to have a Covid test before boarding. Positive go to Kuwait, negative to Germany. The problem? The tests are not the rapid tests, they are the 72 hour tests.
Total goat screw...

He got out 30 minutes ago with the last Americans, evac’d via helicopter from the top of the embassy. Took this photo before climbing aboard

Ironically, watching Rambo III on TV tonight, the one where he goes into Afghanistan. I hope Joe's generals aren't watching it, they may think he is an option for them.

I am conflicted on this mess, I want us out of Afghanistan, but we clearly needed a better plan. We have been embarrassed on the international stage.
Maybe it was inevitable, and I could see that....but what is truly pathetic is our President and Press Secretary going in to hiding. Talk about looking weak. No excuse.

Yet, our President supposedly found time to make a phone call and leave a message for the Dallas superintendent thanking him for defying the Texas Supreme Court. **** them if that's true, talk about ****ed up priorities.

My heart is broken. I'm pissed. I can't believe we went there, lost friends there for a "noble cause."
I think I'm starting to understand my Vietnam brothers...
Yes. I remember the horror of that. But , in some ways, this is even worse. Because, imo, the Nam guys were largely draftees. But these patriots were volunteers who trusted their government to do the right things. Their reward , in the end, has been insensitive betrayal by their command structure. God Bless Them. The Nam withdrawal was largely a tragedy of poor decisions. But this is pure, unadulterated, compassionless, incompetence.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT