ADVERTISEMENT

Sponsorships available as the season kicks off

With the season about to get underway, there's some content items that you can your business's name attached to. A few of the possibilities:
Game story (and wrapup)
Postgame Thoughts
The Mailbag
The offense/defense weekly previews
and Courtney and I will be starting a webcast (kind of like a show, I guess) this week.

If you've got any interest, or suggestions for additional content, drop me a DM.
Reactions: jamaha

Cody-isms

Tonight, we went walking (or, I walked, she was on her scooter) and she fell off. "Well, that was a fall from grace," she said.

We got home and she informed me that she wants to stay at the Galactic Starcruiser at Disney the next time we go. It's a Star Wars-themed hotel. It's also $5000 for two nights.

"It's $5000 and the rooms don't even have windows!" I said.
"But it gives you a window to the galaxy," she replied.

Offensive Line: Clearing the road to Championships...

For me, the offensive line is the most important position group in football, just as I believe quarterback is the most important individual position. Frankly, to consistently compete for and win championships, we cannot accept mediocre play in either case, which is why getting the o line coaching hire right is so crucial. And why getting great line play is so important going forward.

Alabama is playing for another title, but they stumbled a bit at times in getting there. Why? Inconsistent offensive line play by Bama standards. Bryce Young, along with their backs and receivers, did a lot to cover up their line's inconsistencies throughout the season. But when it mattered most, in the SEC Championship, the play was better. Their opponent, Georgia, has a massive if underrated line. How else do you stand up for a QB with his own limitations and help get your team to a National Championship game?!

We are losing our best lineman but the cupboard is not bare. Three starters back, including 2 freshman All-Americans, are the link to a very good line next year. There is experience and talent to compete with youngsters coming in. The key will be finding the right five and building them into a cohesive unit that will allow our playmakers to thrive. Championships start in the trenches. It's time to see that happen for us.

My Father

Hello everyone this is Texas90's son. Ive been debating if i should post this but here it goes. I am very sad to say that on December 1st 2016 i lost my father to a heart attack. I just wanted to thank all of his buddies on Aggies yell for being there to talk about latest football game or newest recruit. On many occasions aggie yell was the main topic at the dinner table. He would always tell me stories of how age yell is a big family that takes care of each other. Thank y'all so much for being there for him on several occasions. Gig'em

Don't think Sumlin survives next year......Something isn't right.

Why don't kids want to come to A&M. It's not because off the facilities or the atmosphere anymore, That's all new and better than any around the country.

Strong has been around negative publicity his entire stay at t.u. Begged an OC to come work for him. Horrible QB situation.

Les and his job fiasco aired all over national TV. His top recruiting coordinator leaves for a HC job before signing day and Ed tried hard to find a HC job. DC left for the same job at Auburn. Horrible QB situation.

Yet they pulled off stellar recruiting classes.

What is going on? I refuse to believe that losing two quarterbacks is more damaging to a program than the stability/ job security of the coaches that run them.

I don't know. Maybe if our trophy case looked like the ones in Austin and Baton Rogue we would get away with what they do.

The question still remains, Why Don't Kids Want To Come To A&M To Play Football. Still pissed from yesterdays results.

TIDBITS, sponsored by Paul Cleveland State Farm

(NOTE: These are now the TIDBITS for 10/14/22. Since we're having server issues and cannot post new threads, I stole an old one to make sure these get posted.)

For all your home, car, and life insurance needs, contact our sponsor:

Phone: 281-971-3362

Email:
paul@westhoustonsf.com

QB situation remains uncertain

After getting absolutely battered last weekend and suffering both rib and ankle injuries, Haynes King has not practiced this week. Whether he'll go next week is still up in the air, but I expect he'll at least give it a shot (if he's cleared).

Right now, Conner Weigman is taking all the first team snaps. Well, he didn't yesterday; practice was cancelled due to the stupid bomb threat to Kyle Field and the Bright Building.

We're told Weigman has picked things up considerably since the season began and is antsy to play, but it's still not really clear how "much better" "much better" is.

Injury updates
DE Tunmise Adeleye and LB Andre White are getting close. They've got a real shot at playing next week, which would be big. I expect Tyreek Chappell will be back as well, which would be a boost to the secondary (which played well last weekend). I haven't heard yet on Shemar Turner or Trey Zuhn, but both are needed (Zuhn especially). I don't think Myles Jones is anywhere close to playing, and at this point, he may be done as an Aggie. Jake Johnson should be a go next week.

It's ok to get excited about the wideouts

After last week, things are looking about as good as they have in a while in terms of wide receiver play. Missing Ainias Smith is still painful, but Evan Stewart broke out and Moose Muhammad is playing well, even if he's still dropping more passes than he should. Chris Marshall ran a couple of very sharp, very pretty routes against tough man coverage that went for first downs. The receivers are starting to get to where we'd hoped they'd be at the start of the year, and with Yulkeith Brown being back, they now have four receivers they can look to that can make plays -- if the line blocks for them.

The breakout you're not noticing

Jardin Gilbert picked off his second pass of the season last weekend, and opposing teams are starting to notice how well he's playing. He's got the third-highest PFF grade amongst defenders for the season (trailing Jaylon Jones and Denver Harris) at 70.8, and is tied for second on the team in tackles (41) and passes broken up (3). Like Antonio Johnson, Gilbert's speed and coverage skills are drawing attention. His ability to cover sideline to sideline is allowing (and will allow) Demani Richardson to play up closer to the line of scrimmage and blitz.

Recruiting notes

I wanted to take a look at some of the guys A&M is still in play for at this point and discuss where they stand.

5-star WR Hykeem Williams (committed to FSU) is still very much a target for the Aggies. He will official in December and they're keeping close tabs on him. Whether they can flip him could come down to that visit and how both teams play between now and then.

4-star CB Malik Muhammad is still committed to Texas, but visited Alabama and will official to A&M on the 29th. He is anything but solid with Texas and Texas, strangely enough, isn't showing the love you'd expect for a highly-ranked recruit. It may not be whether he flips, but to whom.

4-star WR Micah Tease (committed to Arkansas) is still a source of serious effort for A&M and got a visit during the bye week. Tease may give serious consideration to a flip for two reasons: KJ Jefferson is likely to go pro after this year and Arkansas didn't show much ability to throw the ball with Jefferson out last week. If that's a sign of things to come, that may give him pause.

4-star RB Jeremiyah Love is down to Notre Dame and A&M, essentially, and the Aggies made the stop in St. Louis this week to see him. But I think Notre Dame, who has been on the full-court press, is feeling the advantage here.

Revenge may come, however, in the form of 4-star S Peyton Bowen, who is committed to the Domers but is also looking seriously at A&M and Oklahoma. A&M may not be playing great on defense, but they're light years ahead of Oklahoma, which is an utter disaster right now. I do expect Bowen will eventually flip later in the fall, and the play of A&M's safeties and the weakness of OU's overall defense probably gives the edge to A&M.

4-star DE Johnny Bowens, in my opinion, is likely to return to the Aggie recruit class eventually. He's doing his due diligence and visited Oregon, but as the freshmen get more playing time and improve, that's got to appeal to a young guy who wants playing time early. Bowens is also a guy who has the frame to play in a 4-man or 3-man front.

4-star DE Tomarrion Parker announced his top 4 yesterday and the former Penn State commit had A&M in it. He's committing Nov. 21, but I'm not sure the Aggies have put the press on. Right now, he may be more of a lean to Clemson than anything.

Coaches racking up the miles (Courtney)

Coaches have been on the and are on the road still this weekend checking in on commits and top targets. This is really the first time this season the coaches have been able to get out and recruit.

Coach Santucci has checked in on A&M commits Anthony Hill and Daymion Sanford, and has gone to see Payton Pierce, Tyanthony Smith and Nebraska commit Hayden Moore.

Coach Tommie Robinson was in St Louis checking in on Jeremiyah Love, Jeremiah McClellan.

The staff also traveled to Florida checking in on Jalen Brown, Hykeem Williams, Eugene Wilson and will be in Oklahoma checking in on Micah Tease.

Malik Muhammad, as well as, Peyton Bowen and Jayvon Thomas were also checked in on.

On Thursday evening Coach Dickey was at Atascocita, Humble and tonight he will be at the Needville-El Campo game. Atascocita has A&M commit Samu Taumanupepe and both Nate Kibble and Tory Blalock have offers.

Coach Elijah Robinson has been at Katy Paetow, Katy Tompkins, Katy and Seven Lakes.

Coaches have been on the and are on the road still this weekend checking in on commits and top targets. This is really the first time this season the coaches have been able to get out and recruit.

Coach Santucci has checked in on A&M commits Anthony Hill and Daymion Sanford, and has gone to see Payton Pierce, Tyanthony Smith and Nebraska commit Hayden Moore.

Coach Tommie Robinson was in St Louis checking in on Jeremiyah Love, Jeremiah McClellan.

The staff also traveled to Florida checking in on Jalen Brown, Hykeem Williams, Eugene Wilson and will be in Oklahoma checking in on Micah Tease.

Malik Muhammad, as well as, Peyton Bowen and Jayvon Thomas were also checked in on.
On Thursday evening Coach Dickey was at Atascocita, Humble and tonight he will be at Needville, El Campo game. Atascocita has A&M commit Samu Taumanupepe and both Nate Kibble and Tory Blalock have offers.

Coach Robinson has been at Katy Paetow, Katy Tompkins, Katy and Seven Lakes.

Mack Haik Ford Service

This has to be the worst organization but I've only had oil changes in the last 5+ years so i don't have anything to compare. I stopped in and they told me it would probably be 5 days before they can take a look at what is wrong, no service cars to drive, they can't tell me if it will cause any damage to drive it until they take a look in 5 days, they will let you make an appointment but you go to the back of the line so if you make it in 5 days you will still have to wait another 5 days for them to get around taking a look. I heard dealerships got bad during covid but this can't be normal...is it?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT