ADVERTISEMENT

My Father

Texas90

Known Member
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
College Station
Hello everyone this is Texas90's son. Ive been debating if i should post this but here it goes. I am very sad to say that on December 1st 2016 i lost my father to a heart attack. I just wanted to thank all of his buddies on Aggies yell for being there to talk about latest football game or newest recruit. On many occasions aggie yell was the main topic at the dinner table. He would always tell me stories of how age yell is a big family that takes care of each other. Thank y'all so much for being there for him on several occasions. Gig'em

Very sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers to you and all others affected.
Here.

Thanks for posting. We miss your dad terribly. We didn't know quite how to honor him, so we decided to rename our holiday charity after him. Nobody was kinder and more giving than he was, and we're all sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Reactions: 2th_doc and Gruvin1
Hello everyone this is Texas90's son. Ive been debating if i should post this but here it goes. I am very sad to say that on December 1st 2016 i lost my father to a heart attack. I just wanted to thank all of his buddies on Aggies yell for being there to talk about latest football game or newest recruit. On many occasions aggie yell was the main topic at the dinner table. He would always tell me stories of how age yell is a big family that takes care of each other. Thank y'all so much for being there for him on several occasions. Gig'em
Thanks for posting. I had your dad for a Reading teacher in the 6th grade. He was my favorite teacher, from kindergarten through grad school, and it wasnt close.

He introduced me to Phantom of the Opera and REM...he loved them and always played during class when he could. To this day, Ive thought of him whenever I hear the songs.

I'm quite sorry for your loss. We miss your dad. AY's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Reactions: J.
Thanks for posting. I had your dad for a Reading teacher in the 6th grade. He was my favorite teacher, from kindergarten through grad school, and it wasnt close.

He introduced me to Phantom of the Opera and REM...he loved them and always played during class when he could. To this day, Ive thought of him whenever I hear the songs.
REM was great

Very sorry for your family’s loss - and ours. Godspeed, sir!

Here!

Sorry for your loss. I know you will cherish his memory and will always miss him.

As I grow old I have never gotten past the fact that since loosing both my parents I will forever be an orphan. That is said somewhat tongue in cheek but is very real. I miss them dearly because they taught me well. My dad grew up during the depression and was a medic with the 1sr marine division on Guadalcanal, and loved Texas A&M class of 41. My generation is the last to know those of the greatest generation. Their values and love of this country demonstrated by the sacrifices they made should be the example held up for all Americans to follow.

wasn't texas90 a brenham guy?.. seems like he knew the blue bell creameries bunch.

wasn't texas90 a brenham guy?.. seems like he knew the blue bell creameries bunch.

Yep. He was a great guy.
I would always, jokingly, text him when the grocery store didn’t have the flavor I was looking for.
Dennis and I were planning to meet up for a football game that next season, but sadly never got to.

Reactions: 2th_doc
ADVERTISEMENT