ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting The Pineapple Couple This Evening

Had my oldest son’s 6th birthday party this morning and now the woman and I are headed out to her parents place to meet their close “friends”. Her parents INSISTED on us to come hangout and meet these people tonight bc they are considered “family”. Bringing my Woodford Reserve and Makers 101 with me. This is gonna be an interesting evening.

4th qtr sequence vs Auburn - Jimbo was napping

Watch this sequence.

Login to view embedded media
Tried to start it from where Auburn has made a 1st down just shy of their own 40, 10:40 left in the game. Jump to 2:01:30 on the video. They need to reach just shy of the 50.

Two plays later, 3rd & 8, Ashford runs for 7 to the 49. Demani pushes him OB, foot hits OB, ball is in trail arm and should be just past the 49. Official got a good spot initially. ESPN instantly shows it as 4th & 1. Somehow in the commotion of a post play scuffle on Aub sideline, spot improves. Officials measure from all the way across the field, and give Aub 1st down. There must have been 90 seconds from ball carrier down to chain gang coming out. No challenge here Jimbo? Come on, wake up.

Next play Aub fumbles near our sideline. Ref said the ball was touched by Aub player while they were OB. They weren't. Either way, Jimbo is not seen in any officials face, no call to talk to head ref. Nada. Fight for your team Jimbo. It's a one score game and the D is playing hard.

The next play is another fumble immediately recovered by the Ags. And this one is incorrectly ruled down. Auburn runs a hurry up play to avoid review. No timeout Jimbo? Was he watching the game?

Still pissed.

Letter to the Big Guy

To Santa Mark from me:

I know haven't been all that good this year with all the whining, complaining and asking you about percentages on recruits when you've told me a million times you don't do them. But I have done a few good things, too. I listen to my wife and act interested in what in what she's telling me...uh, "most" of the time (that'll be tougher when I get hearing aids next week...). Though my youngest is a professor at a hated SEC rival school, I should get points for helping her move there. I do keep track of my oldest one in Dallas, you know the married one I paid a lot money for that ceremony so he would take her. I talk with her about life & stuff when I can get her away from the video games. But I digress and I do have a list for you....

1. I really want a good OC. I don't mind if he still runs the ball a lot. I'm old school. That said, I think our passing game should look a whole lot better than the guy who invented the T formation.

2. A lot of cornerbacks, linebackers, offensive tackles, and wide receivers from the prep ranks and the transfer portal, if you can. I understand you can't give us the "big" presents all the time. But sometimes, the little presents become the best of all.

3. This last one is pretty hard, but I am going to ask anyway. I want people on this site to appreciate one another, to stop and think about our ability to come on this board and discuss widely varying opinions from other Ags about our Team, Program and University, and do it, Respectfully. Yeah, sometimes it's fun to pick at one another but we should never cross the Maroon and White lines we live by in our daily lives.

That's all from me Santa Mark. Please do what you can. Have the Merriest Maroon & White Christmas and Holidays of All!

Dylan Update

Some of you may remember my daughter Dylan as the Aggie Yell holiday fundraising recipient back in 2016. Y’all’s support back then bought her the best prosthetic leg on the market. And we have saved the rest of the funds for future prosthetic purchases once she’s fully grown. Happy to report she beat cancer at 10 years old and now has reached her 5 year anniversary from the end of treatment. Officially cured.

Shes now made it her goal to raise $100,000 by the time she graduates high school to fight pediatric cancer. She’ll be having her 5th fundraiser tomorrow….. ”Cocoa for a Cure”. Here a link telling a bit of her story and a place to donate.

Thanks again for all your support over the last 6 years!!

TIDBITS, sponsored by Paul Cleveland State Farm

BIG recruiting weekend commences

It goes without saying that this is a big weekend for Aggie recruiting, both in terms of members of the class of 2023 and transfers. If things go well, it could provide a tremendous boost, and current commits are coming in to help push.

The non-committed prospects (or guys committed elsewhere) that we know are coming are:
4-star QB Marcel Reed
4-star TE Jaden Platt
3-star LB Taurean York
4-star CB Tony Mitchell
4-star OL Caden Jones
UNC CB Tony Grimes
Oklahoma State LB Mason Cobb

A&M commits who will be in town, whether on officials or otherwise, include:
5-star DL DJ Hicks (official)
5-star OL TJ Shanahan
4-star RB Rueben Owens (official)
4-star S Dalton Brooks (official)
3-star OL Naquil Bertrand (official)
4-star CB Bravion Rogers (official)
4-star CB Jayvon Thomas (official)
4-star OL Colton Thomasson
3-star DT Samu Taumanupepe (official)
4-star LB Daymion Sanford

I would not be surprised if a couple other transfer possibilities sneak in over the weekend as well.

Could A&M snag a QB after all?
The Aggies had an in-home with Marcel Reed this week that went well. He visited for the LSU game and, as noted, will be in this week. That has caused enough consternation that Ole Miss is starting to talk to Louisville QB commit Pierce Clarkson. A&M certainly has some momentum with Reed, we’ll just have to see if they’ve got enough to flip him. I think that is very much a possibility.

Flipmas?
As for the other commits to other programs visiting, I think there’s a good chance Platt flips due to Stanford’s coaching change. And Mitchell has flirted with A&M for months, and him showing up at A&M this weekend sure seems positive. York seems like another likely addition. I don’t know on Jones, but having the last shot at him is a big plus.

OU white flagging on Hicks?
Oklahoma was telling anyone who would listen a couple of weeks ago that they were going to flip 5-star DJ Hicks. Since then, he's taken a trip...to Oregon. Oklahoma is still trying, but Hicks and his family don't seem to be listening. We all know how things can change fast in recruiting, but it seems quite probable now that Hicks will sign with the Aggies next week.

The only question mark?
Virtually all of A&M's recruiting class will be on campus this weekend save for 4-star OL Chase Bisontis. The New Jersey lineman has had a lot of teams still after him and has been a flip possibility, but with Steve Addazio still in town through the early signing period (or until A&M gets an OC), the thing that should keep him around is in place.

WR recruiting update
The Aggies are back in on former Auburn 4-star WR commit Adam Hopkins, who they could have locked down this summer but held off. Now they’d like to get him committed before early signing. A&M also had an in-home with former Mississippi State WR Rara Thomas last night, and he’s a guy that I said made perfect sense for them to target.

Grimes already preparing to shut it down
Tony Grimes arrived in Aggieland yesterday and will be around through the weekend (I believe). I talked to his dad very briefly last night and it seemed like the visit, which came right after an in-home, was going well. Grimes said he wants to shut things down next week, and he’s only seen A&M and Virginia Tech so far. That would seem to bode very well for the Aggies.

D-line remains in very good shape for 2023
For all the positions A&M needs help at, two they won’t in a few days are on the defensive line. They’ll have a lot of options next year, including a lot of sophomores with significant experience.
DE: Fadil Diggs, Shemar Turner, LT Overton, Shemar Stewart, Enai White, Malick Sylla, DJ Hicks and Anthony Lucas
DT: Walter Nolen, McKinnley Jackson, Isaiah Raikes, Albert Regis, Adarious Jones, Gabe Dindy, Samu Taumanupepe

So, if things go very well this weekend...
A&M could add Reed, Mitchell, Platt, York, Cobb, Grimes, Jones and Hopkins during early signing. I don't know if I'd say that chances are even money on that, but it's a definite possibility.

Jimbo is sliding on thin ice!!!

5-7 season, losing about 1/2 the team to transfers, retirements, graduation and early to the NFL! Now Anthony Hill to tu! the is "Torbush WOW!" stuff. I have been an Aggie since 1977. Former Student since 1981. I have been on this website since 1996-97. This is the worst that I have seen this program since Fran. It might be worse. We have only a fraction of new recruits coming in that we need, and now we are offering recruits that we would ignored a year ago. Transfers are great, but that have their own issues. Jimbo can't get an OC. I think that he could have kept the one that he had, and let him take over the complete offensive duties. But, no, he had to make a "splash" hire. Well, that's gone, now. The one very positive is that he has managed to keep a very good nucleus of players that are very talented. BUt, that can only last so long. The 2023 season has to be a success for Jimbo. He really needs to be competing for a conference championship, or close to survive.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT