ADVERTISEMENT

Football TIDBITS, sponsored by Paul Cleveland State Farm (UPDATE PODCAST POSTED - JAMIE MCCOY, MARK & I)

For all your home, car, and life insurance needs, contact our sponsor:

Phone: 281-971-3362

Email:
paul@westhoustonsf.com

UPDATED - AY F 🏈 WORD PODCAST

Login to view embedded media
IF YOU ENJOYED THE PODCAST PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT HERE OR ON YOUTUBE SHARE AND LIKE IT...MUCH APPRECIATED)

Good evening from Charleston, after I spent much of the day trying to get here. But, anyway, here we go.

King to start
We expected Haynes King would start after Jimbo Fisher's press conference Monday, and we had that verified today. Conner Weigman will back him up. King took the majority of the first team snaps all week, but Weigman took them last week as King tried to heal up. He's still not anywhere close to 100%, and he's got a cracked rib, so this may be a matter of how much he can take.

On the plus side...
The offensive line situation won't be quite as dire as it could have been. We've been told LT Trey Zuhn is back, so he'll move back in. That gives A&M both of their starting tackles. On the other hand, it looks like no Layden Robinson, Bryce Foster or Aki Ogunbiyi. So look for Matthew Wykoff at center, Kam Dewberry at left guard and either Josh Bankhead or Remington Strickland at right guard.

DT Shemar Turner, LB Andre White and CB Tyreek Chappell will also be back, which are two huge positives. I'm getting mixed signals on Tunmise Adeleye, so we'll have to wait and see on him until gametime tomorrow.

So that means the defense is pretty close to healthy, right?
Wrong. If you remember, Antonio Johnson left the Alabama game with a leg injury, and while he came back for a series, Jarred Kerr played most of the fourth quarter (and played well). It looks like Johnson is a no-go tomorrow, so we'll have to see how DJ Durkin works this. I think we may see a combination of Kerr, Chappell and maybe Bryce Anderson in that slot. The fact that it takes three pretty darned good players to replace Johnson tells you all you need to know about AJ.

Projected starting lineup for the offense (of course, you can only have 11 out there, but you get the idea)
QB: Haynes King
RB: Devon Achane
TE: Max Wright
TE: Donovan Green
WR: Evan Stewart
WR: Chris Marshall
WR: Moose Muhammad
LT: Trey Zuhn
LG: Kam Dewberry
C: Matthew Wykoff
RG: Josh Bankhead
RT: Deuce Fatheree

Projected starting lineup for the defense:
DE: Fadil Diggs
DT: McKinnley Jackson
DT: Walter Nolen
DE: Shemar Stewart

LB: Chris Russell
LB: Edgerrin Cooper
NICKEL: Jarred Kerr

CB: Denver Harris
S: Demani Richardson
S: Jardin Gilbert
CB: Jaylon Jones

A&M finally has their DT rotation
If Turner returns as I expect he will tomorrow, the Aggies will have their full two-deep at defensive tackle for the first time all season. Early on, Jackson was out, then Nolen, and then Turner. Now, they've got those three, and Isaiah Raikes, healthy at the same time. That, along with the return of White and hopefully Adeleye, should strengthen the run defense.

Aggies definitely looking for flips now
There are very few players with A&M offers in the 2023 class that remain uncommitted. One is New Orleans De La Salle OT Caden Jones, and there's a good chance they get him. Same with DE Johnny Bowens, even though Oregon is, again, trying hard. 4-star LB Tausili Akana will official later in the season and has the Aggies in his final list.
Outside of that....ain't much.
The Aggies are definitely looking to flip some guys, and I think they've got a very real shot at getting the flip from Notre Dame 4-star safety commit Peyton Bowen and Texas 4-star CB Malik Muhammad. 5-star FSU WR commit Hykeem Williams will visit in December right before early signing, and A&M has definitely not bagged it there. They're also still working on Rueben Owens, and the El Campo standout may be a little (a lot?) more interested in hearing from other programs as Scott Satterfield's seat gets increasingly hot at Louisville. Even though the Cardinals have a really good class, they're not meeting expectations and haven't for a couple of years now.

One guy you haven't heard about, until now
Elijah Robinson is doing his thing again at Philadelphia Imhotep. The Aggies have started to work on Michigan LB commit Semaj Bridgeman, a standout at a program where the Aggies have feasted in recent years. There's no guarantee they'll get anywhere, but this is one to watch simply because of the success A&M has had in Philly.

What about Toviano?
You haven't heard a lot about 5-star CB Javien Toviano of late because he doesn't talk to anyone. But I think the tea leaves that are being put down do not bode well for A&M. He's indicated he wants to go out of state; LSU and Michigan both think they're in good shape with him and, when he really started to get linked to LSU in a big way about six weeks ago, A&M was suddenly very much back in on Malik Muhammad. It's all circumstantial, but the signs aren't good.

Your biggest character flaw, and what you do to work on it - AY Therapy Session

For me, it's my tendency to respond like an asshole when somebody acts like an asshole to me for no reason. I'm cool, level-headed, and generally a whole bunch of fun. If I ever accidentally offend someone, I will apologize immediately and diffuse the situation. I abhor dickish behavior, especially when it's face-to-face. But if someone acts like a dick to me unnecessarily, and pushes at me, it releases my inner-asshole, and I'm likely to come back over the top in a very defensive manner, going nuclear at times. When a person is particularly disingenuous and wishy-washy, then comes across aggressively, I have very little tolerance for such nonsense.

If anyone else suffers from this "character flaw" of not tolerating stupid, disingenuous people, please give me some advice. I've got to go be the bigger man this afternoon and apologize to my ex-stepmom, and pretend I think I was in the wrong, and I'm worried that I may call her a "cvnt" in the process, if the train gets derailed...and it will, because she's a dumb child. Help me, please.

If you want a picture of a 60+ chick wearing yoga pants over a fat ass, I will post, but I feel that google offers a healthy alternative in this case.
  • Haha
Reactions: 92REDASS

Wow, the rules have changed...

I was watching a replay of our 2002 upset of the Land Thieves (aka the Reggie McNeal Game) and I was just stunned with how the game was called by the zebras back then. I counted no less than 15 personal fouls that would have been called in today's game. Horsecollars, targeting, late hits...it had it all...on both sides. That just how the game was taught in those days. If Roy Williams hadn't shortened a few careers, I don't imagine we'd see the game we see today.

Golf Carts

How many of you own golf carts to cruise around your neighborhood or around your town? These things are everywhere. I just read where Kyle, TX is building a thoroughfare in the city that is made for golf cart travel to cut down on auto traffic. It will be lit and have charger stations with restaurants and other businesses along the path. They are calling it the Vybe Trail. I hear Atlanta has something similar.

I am asking because I recently left a private equity backed M&A group and took a position as head of sales for a golf cart company. 2, 4 and 6 passenger vehicles all lifted with larger tires and lithium batteries, road ready. They look awesome. I’m excited to start building our dealer network and would love to speak to any of you who are interested in procuring a cart for yourselves or who may know any current dealers.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT