ADVERTISEMENT

What has the Taliban taken control over that is concerning?

And by the way the terrorists that hit us hardest were Saudis.

Those Saudis were based in Afghanistan.
giphy.gif

We can’t fight for a country because we are afraid of terrorists. That’s silly.

Will we be attacked again by a terrorist foreign or domestic? Yes.

And by the way the terrorists that hit us hardest were Saudis.
We should be fighting in a country to control terrorists and our presence in Afghanistan was and is a very strategic and effective choice.
Yes, we will be attacked again but the best defense is a good offense and we are the best offense.
Yes the Saudis started this rollercoaster but we have just equipped former GITMO detainees and their ilk to try again.
Now that is some visionary leadership for you to be proud of.

Reactions: Win77
We should be fighting in a country to control terrorists and our presence in Afghanistan was and is a very strategic and effective choice.
Yes, we will be attacked again but the best defense is a good offense and we are the best offense.
Yes the Saudis started this rollercoaster but we have just equipped former GITMO detainees and their ilk to try again.
Now that is some visionary leadership for you to be proud of.
You’re in the minority if you were against America leaving the country.

Again, leaving and deserting are two different things
This. He is missing the whole Gdamned point because he'd rather spew lib talking points and change the subject. This situation is indefensible. Listening to him trying to deflect and change the subject just makes me want to vomit. Literally. Not exaggerating. Leaving is NOT the issue. How we did it was STUPID and we are deserting citizens and people who believed in us, fought for us. My God, I just can't believe it. Can't. Not my country. Not America.

Thanks @BDB99. I've refrained from this talking point on here because I didn't want to come off as cheap talking points, but my heart is broken. These are real people and we did this on purpose.
I’ve backed off this whole deal. It makes me ill and I can’t seem to control myself. It was so unnecessary and we are being made fools on a global scale. This is one of America’s darkest hours and people I went to school with are perfectly fine with it. Those poor people. Thank you for your service and I can’t imagine what you are feeling at this moment

4 explosions in Kabul today, reportedly ISIS suicide bombers per politico. 2 at the airport and 2 targeting a hotel were Americans waiting to be rescued were gathered. Pentagon has confirmed "a number of" US casualties.

4 explosions in Kabul today, reportedly ISIS suicide bombers per politico. 2 at the airport and 2 targeting a hotel were Americans waiting to be rescued were gathered. Pentagon has confirmed "a number of" US casualties.
surprise. surprise.

This is utter crap and unacceptable. Americans are dieing because this abomination of an operation was one of the worst planned operations ever by our government.

Bottom line is the islamists extremist only understand strength.
Our neighborhood bully had their respect because they feared him but our village idiot not so much.
We will be back in Afghanistan out of self preservation!!! Our pullout was a strategic blunder that has cost us greatly and will continue until we have a leader that has a pair and when you listen to him you are inspired… aka want to run thru a brick wall !

Sound like someone we all know but on a different stage.

You know, we're not the smartest guys on the block but if we became a coalition of exit planners for Afghanistan I can tick off a few items that would be on our to-do list:
1. Blow up every abandoned US complex as soon as we left it.
2. Once the Afghans began surrendering launch airstrikes against the left behind equipment, particularly the aircraft.
3. Once the Taliban began marching towards Kabul carpet bomb the heck out of them with B-52's.
4. And this is War 101: Evacuate all our non-combatants before ordering our troops out.

Here are just two jobs no one wants right now...An infantryman guarding the airport gates and a chopper crew flying into the city to evacuate Americans (and especially Afghans) who were too stupid to leave months ago.

Reactions: Win77 and LufkinAg
The lowlight was when he said that military commanders told him that Bagram Air Base offered "no value added". My God, does ANYBODY on here really believe that ANY of them (however inept) would EVER tell him that???? His lies have become so absurdly blatant that he insults our intelligence.

The lowlight was when he said that military commanders told him that Bagram Air Base offered "no value added". My God, does ANYBODY on here really believe that ANY of them (however inept) would EVER tell him that???? His lies have become so absurdly blatant that he insults our intelligence.
Heard the same thing insulting for anyone with a brain

You know who I'm most upset with? The republican never Trumpers, Lincoln Project types. At least we don't have mean tweets.

I could use a mean tweet about now.
Could not agree more. Have some "republican" lobbyist friends I can't even talk to anymore. They are democrats and get pissed when I call them that but fvck em. They are the biggest problem as I see it and John Wayne McCornyn is on the top of that list. What a worthless POS that we have heard nothing from during any of this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT