ADVERTISEMENT

What has the Taliban taken control over that is concerning?

Just wait until we see Americans marched out in orange jump suits beheaded...oh, wait, Psaki says those that want out can get out.

This makes the Iranian hostage debacle look like a picnic in the desert. I can't wrap my head around the incompetence in planning, the lack of concern for human life including American, the equipping of our enemy, the refusal to be honest on, and on. I have a terrible case of cognitive dissonance. It is sicking, it is dishonorable, it is defeating and it is un-American.

Cheeky, don’t lump all Republicans into the “Trumpster” bucket, most of us vote for the platform, not the person. Although there are plenty that fall into that category just like the dumbass far left.

With that said, Biden has been a unmitigated disaster thus far and I’m personally rooting for him to be a success just like I do for Presidents. America always comes first and we are not looking good right now, it can’t be Cherry coated.
I don't personally like Trump.
Where he becomes popular, is that he seems to be the most pro-American president since Reagan and Kennedy.
I'd be really happy to have his terrible "mean tweets" right now if we weren't in this current debacle.

I don't personally like Trump.
Where he becomes popular, is that he seems to be the most pro-American president since Reagan and Kennedy.
I'd be really happy to have his terrible "mean tweets" right now if we weren't in this current debacle.
I love what he accomplished and like you don’t really care for him personally. In fact, I don’t care for 99% of all politicians, that’s why all that matters for me is actions. I loved W but he wasn’t a great President, give me a guy that I hate all day long if his actions are great.

If you're objective you have to think this is more than just a gaffe. It will likely go down as a colossal Biden ****-up on level with Jimmy Carter's handling of the Iran hostages. He just gave the next Republican presidential candidate a gift to make an argument for foreign policy incompetence.

Biden was just the final straw, every administration had some share of this giant shit pie

If you're objective you have to think this is more than just a gaffe. It will likely go down as a colossal Biden ****-up on level with Jimmy Carter's handling of the Iran hostages. He just gave the next Republican presidential candidate a gift to make an argument for foreign policy incompetence.
He also listened to military advisors.

it will also blow over as everything does.

Biden was just the final straw, every administration had some share of this giant shit pie

Point taken, but I don't think any of the previous administrations would have ****ed up the departure like thus one has. I'm confident even Obama would have had a better plan and execution if he'd had attempted to pull everyone out.

Reactions: Lukeag
Point taken, but I don't think any of the previous administrations would have ****ed up the departure like thus one has. I'm confident even Obama would have had a better plan and execution if he'd had attempted to pull everyone out.
But you can’t really know that.

I think the exit was going to be hard; hence, Trump’s slow play.

To be expected this thread has morphed back to the US political arena and further away from the original topic--what does the Taliban have control over now that worries us and the civilized world. As we've seen recently they have a significant amount of new military vehicles and weapons. I'm also certain they have control of most of the aircraft supplied to the Afghan military by us and other folks. So should we be concerned?

Don't think so unless you're in Afghanistan or a neighboring country. Could any of the massive amount of small arms they have end up here? Probably but unlikely. Most local criminals and terror types it's a lot easier, quicker, and cheaper to get their weapons from the back streets of Chicago, LA, NY, or any major city. Getting Humvees, APCs, or any of the other military vehicles here would be a very long road trip since Afghanistan has no seaports. I see most of these driven til they break and can't be maintained or sold to nearby neighbors. As for aircraft they require the biggest logistic support and trained maintenance and operational personnel just to get off the ground. The most capable aircraft they may still have (heard many were flown out to nearby countries) is the A29 Super Tucano. Unless they can develop both a pilot and maintenance training program and a logistics support capability these aircraft won't get past the start up and taxi stage. Even if they could the max range for these is less than 300 miles. This could change if they get support form certain actors like the Chinese, Iranians, Pakistanis, Russians, or N Korea. Got to keep an eye on this one.

So unless the Taliban get massive support from the likes of the Chinese and other folks I mentioned most of the new military equipment will be used locally til broke. Don't see any aircraft getting off the ground.

The way I see it, the Taliban was going to take over. That was always going to be the end result. The speed in which they did it is embarrassing for all involved and it’s created a chaotic moment. Biden deserves some criticism but obviously people who didn’t want him as President are going to obviously lean on this hard. There isn’t a Trumpkin alive giving him the kind of free pass given to Trump when he gaffed

But what’s important is that we are out. It’s one of the things I agreed with Trump on and I was worried Biden wouldn’t follow through. Quite frankly, i was worried Trump wasn’t going to follow through given in 4 years he evacuated as slowly as possible.

Once this moment has passed the end result is the right one for Americans.

If they come after us again, we go back cause them pain (without doing any serious time there). If not, then we’ve moved on.

I don't recall Trump getting a free pass on anything. Even the conservative radio shows cringed over a lot of the tweets. Trump says anything that happens to be on his mind nevermind the backlash (which for the most part is pollitical suicide) Biden on the other hand has pre-written vetted topics but he often forgets what they are.

Afganistan is a place no one want to go fight a war - The Vietnam of the middle east. Can't we just make a huge dome and slam it down over that region of the world and call it a day?

I think Trump was just as capable as Biden in fvcking this up, same with Obama. None of them was the best foreign policy decision maker.

I don't recall Trump getting a free pass on anything. Even the conservative radio shows cringed over a lot of the tweets. Trump says anything that happens to be on his mind nevermind the backlash (which for the most part is pollitical suicide) Biden on the other hand has pre-written vetted topics but he often forgets what they are.

Afganistan is a place no one want to go fight a war - The Vietnam of the middle east. Can't we just make a huge dome and slam it down over that region of the world and call it a day?
I wasn’t talking about the media. I was talking about specific individuals

I think Trump was just as capable as Biden in fvcking this up, same with Obama. None of them was the best foreign policy decision maker.

True, but we'll never know. It's going to be interesting to see the documentaries, movies, and books that come out as a result of all this.

Agreed, this would have been a disaster no matter who was in office but what makes it so bad is media on both sides are crushing Biden. One of the biggest issues I have with Biden is he will never admit he was wrong or would have done it any differently, I guess that’s a lawyer thing. It so sad we put these idiots in office.

True, but we'll never know. It's going to be interesting to see the documentaries, movies, and books that come out as a result of all this.
I’d bet at the very least the Taliban would have been a bit more hesitant to go this fast if Trump were still in office but we’ll never know?

Reactions: Lukeag and saheat
Don't be ignorant. The fighting didn't stop when the armistice was signed.
These people will keep going because they knew they just had to wait for our politicians to sell us out.
We put the fighting to rest with our resolve to finish what we started. Study history before before trying to compare brain pans with me.
Not ignorant. Stupid. Ignorance is an innocent condition of fact deprivation. And, therefore, forgivable. Stupidity is a deliberately acquired skill which his posts on this topic illustrate in abundance.

I'm no fan of Trump's personality. I don't want to have a beer with him. But I could say that about a lot of the managers in my report over my career.
I supported them because they got results. And this thing we're watching is a results contest. Our current leadership is miserably failing that test. They are inept. Period.
IMHO, anyone here who thinks Trump would have allowed this debacle is just dead wrong.
The abandonment and sacrifice of our citizens and allies, a virtual death sentence, he would NEVER have championed nor allowed.
But what he would or not have done is completely irrelevant now. He ain't callin' the shots. We are America and we need to go in with maximum force to take our people out. Yes, people are going to die when we do that. But people are going to die anyway. The question now is how we die....with honor in extracting our people or the shame of cowardice in complicity in the coming slaughter?
IMO, if we collectively as Americans have any hesitance in answering that question....then we can stop worrying about Afghanistan....because we've already lost America.

I'm no fan of Trump's personality. I don't want to have a beer with him. But I could say that about a lot of the managers in my report over my career.
I supported them because they got results. And this thing we're watching is a results contest. Our current leadership is miserably failing that test. They are inept. Period.
IMHO, anyone here who thinks Trump would have allowed this debacle is just dead wrong.
The abandonment and sacrifice of our citizens and allies, a virtual death sentence, he would NEVER have championed nor allowed.
But what he would or not have done is completely irrelevant now. He ain't callin' the shots. We are America and we need to go in with maximum force to take our people out. Yes, people are going to die when we do that. But people are going to die anyway. The question now is how we die....with honor in extracting our people or the shame of cowardice in complicity in the coming slaughter?
IMO, if we collectively as Americans have any hesitance in answering that question....then we can stop worrying about Afghanistan....because we've already lost America.
Well, Trump has 4 years and failed to even attempt it. How is that for results?

You can’t say what would have happened.

I do have to wonder why some school district in CA sent kids, parents and teachers on a trip to Afghanistan. What responsible parent would think that is a good idea ?? We spent some time deciding to travel to South FL for vacation. We had several options but no where in the Middle East was ever an option.

Wow...so now we are channeling our Trump hate into hypotheticals to excuse the current administration's monumental screw up. Seems legit..... or maybe insane but carry on.
They hypothetical is if trump had exited, there wouldn’t be an issue. My comment was more to remind him about really happened which is he didn’t do it.

Most the time I'd agree with you. His trolling can be entertaining. But this is not the time. This is life and death. And I've got NO time for the cute little bullshit right now. Sorry.
No time? What are doing? Are you flying your plane to Afghanistan?

The result is going to be another terrorist country where they can launch mayhem anywhere. I would make the case that we should have never left because we are definitely not safer now!
We will be going back at some point, albeit reluctantly!
I would think Trump did not "do it" because he knew it would be just a matter of time before the JV would be making heads roll ! Sound familiar, gentlemen?

The result is going to be another terrorist country where they can launch mayhem anywhere. I would make the case that we should have never left because we are definitely not safer now!
We will be going back at some point, albeit reluctantly!
I would think Trump did not "do it" because he knew it would be just a matter of time before the JV would be making heads roll ! Sound familiar, gentlemen?
Lets not use logic

We can’t fight for a country because we are afraid of terrorists. That’s silly.

Will we be attacked again by a terrorist foreign or domestic? Yes.

And by the way the terrorists that hit us hardest were Saudis.

Well America certainly looks vulnerable now. I would think country's like Iran are now taking a longer look at Israel now.

And forget about forming any defensive coalitions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT