ADVERTISEMENT

The US should go defend Ukraine

Right? We just watched the Taliban stomp on Bidens dick on the way out of the last country we liberated. What kind of outcome do we expect if we dive in here?
I’d say check your headlines from newspapers from 1964-1969. That would be an incredibly good preview of the kind of war Biden would fight. No strategic direction. Micromanagement of the military. Ever-changing directives. Use of the military as a societal Petri dish.

It’s in his DNA.

Reactions: ck10782
i don't think we should send in troops, but not sure why we can't give them drones and help them learn how to operate them remotely.

Reactions: RobEnCognito
Russia as we know it, whether they win or not (they probably will) doesn’t exist.

Russia as we know it, whether they win or not (they probably will) doesn’t exist.
“They are who we thought they are!”

An empire in decline clawing at relevance, enamored of a political philosophy that sucks, despite massive natural resources. If they didn’t have nukes, they’re Azerbaijan.

Problem is, a lot of idiots in our country have adopted their failed political philosophy.

The Russian army is a joke. 1 year conscripts (really BAD idea). Broken down trucks, howitzers, and tanks along the road (what the hell have they been doing with regard to maintenance and preparedness?).

And 40 mile long columns, BUMPER TO BUMPER. A-10's, F-16's, even F-35's would have a field day providing close air support.

Son...Russians don't take a dump without a (BAD) plan.
We throw around terms in the political spectrum around strengths and weaknesses.

Russia sure isn’t impressing anyone militarily.

Reactions: oldag1980
Right? We just watched the Taliban stomp on Bidens dick on the way out of the last country we liberated. What kind of outcome do we expect if we dive in here?
Personally I don’t see the parallel from a logistical and miscalculated gaffe on the removal of our military and expecting a fight among the Afghanis…..and Russia marching in and getting trucked by militia

But I’m smart.

Reactions: oldag1980
Hey, I read one yesterday with the premise, “wouldn’t a small scale nuclear war help against global warming?”
We’ve reached that level of stupid.
Ever since the internet reached everyone and gave a voice to individuals it exposed how dumb we are. You used to have some level of intelligence to be heard or watched on TV or radio. Now our worst family members interact with PhDs on Twitter.

It’s always been a good idea to send American kids to die when fighting Communists and you have a doddering old fool in the Oval Office.

I’m not advocating for war, and many of the things happening now are good but they should have happened long ago and with even more bite.

I am critical of our toothless response to Putin across multiple presidential terms and both parties actions. This isn’t a left-right complaint, it’s a lack of moral courage complaint

Actively. This is horseshit.

Just my opinion, fire away.
What about all those nukes, bro. Having nukes is like a skinny dude walking in with buff dudes at each shoulder.

Sure you can kick his ass but his buddies will do heavy damage. Not worth it.

Personally I don’t see the parallel from a logistical and miscalculated gaffe on the removal of our military and expecting a fight among the Afghanis…..and Russia marching in and getting trucked by militia

But I’m smart.
You might be smart but you suck at analogies. Its as simple as only being as good as your last result. Our last military operation was an unmitigated disaster. Not a great springboard into potentially the greatest threat of nuclear conflict in the last 50 years.

If Putin is as unstable and deranged as he seems to be, we don't engage directly and thereby potentially provoke a nuclear attack. If we shoot down a plane, take out their soldiers, etc., we are at war. Highly unlikely he can beat us through conventional as opposed to nuclear warfare. I don't want to see D.C., New York, Houston, Chicago, etc. as nuclear wastelands much less the majority of Russia after our counterattack.

He is none of those just evil.

We throw around terms in the political spectrum around strengths and weaknesses.

Russia sure isn’t impressing anyone militarily.
I said a few days before they invaded, as they massed, that we (U.S., NATO, even China) would be watching CLOSELY as to how they mass, what they are really able to bring to bare, how fast, do they have logistical problems, etc. You almost never get to watch your adversary have to prepare and deploy for war.

It's like a football team and you get to watch from the stands as they actually practice their real game plan. And all it's shown is weaknesses in their armed forces. When you run out of gasoline, food, and equipment breaks down, just 60 miles from your border, you shit the bed. Troops asking locals for food, even if it's just a couple of them is not good.

I hope we get more Stingers and Javelins in numbers to Kyiv and other places like today/tomorrow. The CIA is at work as we speak ensuring that those weapons get to the front lines. Enough of both of those and they could decimate hundreds of tanks and BMP's. OH, and the Turking drones, incredibly effective. Freaking TURKISH drones (low-cost, easy to operate) have made a significant difference. We are watching that as well.

Last edited:
You douche dumpsters that voted for Biden caused this. Orange man may have been bad, but brain dead man much worse.
Wrong. Orange man got IMPEACHED (for the 2nd time?) because he wouldn't give the UKRANIANS the $400 million in military aid until they investigated Hunter. And OLD orange man argued to literally pull us out of NATO and take all our troops out of Europe. He actually argued for this. Where would we be if both sides of Congress hadn't said, "YEA...NO".

Hell even FOX News reporters are taking to task former orange man advisors on air. Eviscerating them with their dumb and dangerous takes. And do you really think old orange man would have, could have pulled together the entire western world, along with many others to go against Putin? Everyone in Europe hated Trump....because he hated them and made sure they knew it.

newFile-6.jpg

Wrong. Orange man got IMPEACHED because he wouldn't give the UKRANIANS the $400 million in military aid until they investigated Hunter. And OLD orange man argued to literally pull us out of NATO and take all our troops out of Europe. He actually argued for this.

Hell even FOX News reporters are taking to task former orange man advisors on air. Eviscerating them with their dumb and dangerous takes. And do you really think old orange man would have, could have pulled together the entire western world, along with many others to go against Putin? Everyone in Europe hated Trump....because he was an asshole.
And Biden threatened to hold a billion in American tax dollars from Ukraine unless they fire the prosecutor looking into the shady business Hunter was getting paid a shit load of money from for nothing he has experience in. Unless that experience was a shady deal designed to influence his fathers policy. Trump actually gave them missiles that Obama refused to when Putin attacked the last time. Stop. Biden is a fvcking disaster. Not everything trump did was a disaster. Especially his foreign policy. Ukraine is a corrupt playground for the worlds elite to fleece and party. Trump pushing back on them a little was not a bad thing considering our VP was getting his family rich off his influence and our tax dollars

And Biden threatened to hold a billion in American tax dollars from Ukraine unless they fire the prosecutor looking into the shady business Hunter was looking into. Trump actually gave them missiles that Obama refused to when Putin attacked the last time. Stop. Biden is a fvcking disaster. Not everything trump did was a disaster. Especially his foreign policy. Ukraine is a corrupt playground for the worlds elite to fleece and party. Trump pushing back on them a little was not a bad thing considering our VP was getting his family rich off his influence and our tax dollars
Biden has built a formidable coalition within 6 days. And no one said everything Trump did was a disaster, but Biden has done OK with respect to Ukraine. He's done nearly everything possible in 6 days WITHOUT sending in U.S. troops. He's actually making Putin worry. His economy will tank post haste, and maybe, just maybe the Russian people will get tired of his ass.

Reactions: barseven7
You might be smart but you suck at analogies. Its as simple as only being as good as your last result. Our last military operation was an unmitigated disaster. Not a great springboard into potentially the greatest threat of nuclear conflict in the last 50 years.
I have a point. There’s a difference between a strategic mistake versus looking like a soft bellied army in the middle of what should be a cake-walk fight.

But even if our mistake was strategic, it leaves a bad taste given it was our last scene militarily

Wrong. Orange man got IMPEACHED (for the 2nd time?) because he wouldn't give the UKRANIANS the $400 million in military aid until they investigated Hunter. And OLD orange man argued to literally pull us out of NATO and take all our troops out of Europe. He actually argued for this. Where would we be if both sides of Congress hadn't said, "YEA...NO".

Hell even FOX News reporters are taking to task former orange man advisors on air. Eviscerating them with their dumb and dangerous takes. And do you really think old orange man would have, could have pulled together the entire western world, along with many others to go against Putin? Everyone in Europe hated Trump....because he hated them and made sure they knew it.

newFile-6.jpg
This is true. Trump couldn’t have united world leaders. No one respected him globally.

Biden has built a formidable coalition within 6 days. And no one said everything Trump did was a disaster, but Biden has done OK with respect to Ukraine. He's done nearly everything possible in 6 days WITHOUT sending in U.S. troops. He's actually making Putin worry. His economy will tank post haste, and maybe, just maybe the Russian people will get tired of his ass.
I mean Joe has to protect his and Hunter's investments.

Reactions: oldag1980 and BDB99
Your arguments are pretty but miss the point. Russia was not gonna move with Trump in office. None of the countries that have bitch slapped Biden in the face were not gonna step out of line because they were scared shitless of Trump. I’m sorry cheeky and tsip despiser, but Biden is the disaster we got because bitches got hurt feelings by Trump speaking his mind and not being one of the good ole boys.

Your arguments are pretty but miss the point. Russia was not gonna move with Trump in office. None of the countries that have bitch slapped Biden in the face were not gonna step out of line because they were scared shitless of Trump. I’m sorry cheeky and tsip despiser, but Biden is the disaster we got because bitches got hurt feelings by Trump speaking his mind and not being one of the good ole boys.
Bolton argued that Trump never understood what he was doing with regard to Russia, saying that was his problem with his actions as president.

"This is not really a policy argument," Bolton said. "This is really about Trump's lack of any significant historical knowledge, his lack of strategic thinking and, frankly, his lack of thinking about pretty much anything other than what benefitted Donald Trump. Why was he concerned about Ukraine in the summer of 2019? Because he wanted that DNC server. Why was he concerned about corruption in Ukraine? Because he was looking for an excuse to cover the reason he was refusing to send $250 million of security assistance to the Ukraine, and only when that finally blew up in his face --"

Schmitt interrupted and said that money was eventually sent, and Bolton pointed out that it had been mandated by Congress.

"He made up the reasons that he did it," Bolton said. "He wanted to apply pressure for his own political purposes."

Reactions: cdean
Bolton argued that Trump never understood what he was doing with regard to Russia, saying that was his problem with his actions as president.

"This is not really a policy argument," Bolton said. "This is really about Trump's lack of any significant historical knowledge, his lack of strategic thinking and, frankly, his lack of thinking about pretty much anything other than what benefitted Donald Trump. Why was he concerned about Ukraine in the summer of 2019? Because he wanted that DNC server. Why was he concerned about corruption in Ukraine? Because he was looking for an excuse to cover the reason he was refusing to send $250 million of security assistance to the Ukraine, and only when that finally blew up in his face --"

Schmitt interrupted and said that money was eventually sent, and Bolton pointed out that it had been mandated by Congress.

"He made up the reasons that he did it," Bolton said. "He wanted to apply pressure for his own political purposes."
Dick Cheney, John Bolton, you lefties must really be hating yourselves to rely on people you use to hate and want dead or tried for war crimes.

Putin attacked Georgia under Bush
Putin attacked Crimea under Obama
Putin did nothing under Trump
Putin attacked Ukraine under Biden

Trump didn't approve Nord Stream 2 and made us energy independent which helped keep crude costs low and kept money out of Putin's pocket. That's the plan, that's what worked. Really not a hard plan but Biden of course to be different jumped at the chance to do the opposite and here we are.

Yea, because Bolton didn’t have something to gain from writing a book that couldn’t be substantiated. If you buy this, then you have to concede that the Russia collusion witch-hunt by the dems was bullshit, as well as any other hairbrained attacks they had on him.
And to the flam flan who who proudly waves the impeached flag, grow up, that was a rouse and, for the second time, he was acquitted. It saddens me that anyone on this board supports anything the democrats push, it’s all smoke and mirrors

we could put 3 divisions of armor and 2 fleets in the Black Sea to defend Ukrainian territory and there wouldn’t be a nuclear war.

I’d be shocked if NATO doesn’t just say fvck it and call his bluff in the next 60 days if the sanctions don’t start having tremendous negative impacts and the Russian people haven’t staged a coup.

Dick Cheney, John Bolton, you lefties must really be hating yourselves to rely on people you use to hate and want dead or tried for war crimes.

Putin attacked Georgia under Bush
Putin attacked Crimea under Obama
Putin did nothing under Trump
Putin attacked Ukraine under Biden

Trump didn't approve Nord Stream 2 and made us energy independent which helped keep crude costs low and kept money out of Putin's pocket. That's the plan, that's what worked. Really not a hard plan but Biden of course to be different jumped at the chance to do the opposite and here we are.
I’m not as tribal as many on here. But at what point do the words from the people who worked with him matter? Only when it’s praise?

I’m not as tribal as many on here. But at what point do the words from the people who worked with him matter? Only when it’s praise?
So the current administration has no one talking about Biden's short comings. Does that mean he has no issues even though he won't take a cognitive test? When you realize we are not so much parties and are more establishment and non-establishment then it will make more sense. It's why you have McConnell and Graham do stupid things to help push the other side's agenda for no reason. Establishment stick together to keep the power.

and you are pretty tribal.

No way Russia moves when we are producing oil at a pace that would bankrupt him. Truth is Biden energy policies and Afghanistan disaster told Putin it now or never with Ukraine. China likely agrees and figures they’ll move next. Biden getting some NATO forces together to fight Russia shouldn’t be that difficult considering that’s the entire purpose of NATO so forgive me if president poopy pants is not impressing. Fact is he and others figured Ukraine would have been toppled already erasing any of he and hunters business dealings. He’s a disaster and this is not much more. His sanctions are a wet fart. Putin is responsible for bringing these countries together with his actions. These countries had to wake up

So the current administration has no one talking about Biden's short comings. Does that mean he has no issues even though he won't take a cognitive test? When you realize we are not so much parties and are more establishment and non-establishment then it will make more sense. It's why you have McConnell and Graham do stupid things to help push the other side's agenda for no reason. Establishment stick together to keep the power.

and you are pretty tribal.
Around here there’s me and just below is Karl Marx

• Haha
Reactions: Win77 and oldag1980
As bad as the plan was in Iraq in 2003 (storm the country, disarm the military, then….hell, we’ll figure it out), this is exponentially worse. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is becoming really dangerous for Russia because it’s proving that they are incompetent at ground combat and their Air Force is fourth rate. He’s rattling the nuclear saber because it’s all he has at this point.
This is exactly it. While the end game in Iraq was less than ideal, it was clear that a Russian trained and equipped military force is incompetent, inept and technologically inferior. This invasion into Ukraine is just the second verse. A woefully undermanned, undergunned and and a freedom motivated force is bitch slapping the Russian forces. Can they hold up? I doubt it. But I can tell you this. If Russia replaces the government in Ukraine with a puppet state, the streets will run red for years to come.

I didn’t say anything about Trump, believe it or not, I can dislike Biden and also not be a Trump supporter.

Also, every President for the past 22 years has mishandled Russia and Putin. We missed the opportunity to prevent this from happening under Bush and then under Obama and then under Trump and now under Biden.

The west was too scared to stand up to Putin for fear of a conflict they now can’t ignore and it will only become harder and harder to fix as time goes on.

Our foreign policy with Russia has sucked for over twenty years, The chickens are coming home to roost
I think Trump had Putin pretty well under control or at least as best one can with a bully like Putin. Trump treated him with respect in public which stroked Putin's ego but then Putin also believed Trump was deranged enough to actually do something if Putin got out of line. Putin does not fear that with Biden.

His economy will tank because of the slowing of buying his oil and gas. If Biden does not offset that with bringing all of OUR production back on line then OUR economy will tank also.

Bolton was anti-Trump so what would one expect from him? Also, Bolton was not very good at his job. Wanted to stay in the 1980's and not grow into today's environment.

Let's remember that one of Trump's biggest faults (strengths) was that he was pretty much a DC outsider. He was not familiar with everyone's allegiances early in his administration and he picked some bad people to be his cabinet/advisers. He did quickly learn from this and started weeding people out (Bolton among them) and bringing in people he felt could be trusted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT