ADVERTISEMENT

POKER MOVIES

AginAf III

Gold Member
Aug 7, 2006
As we wait for football season to finally begin for the Ags, i find myself taken with old Poker movies like ROUNDERS, CINCINATTI KID AND MOLLY'S GAME.

I reckon that in my mind, I am harkening back to my days after my Fish year at Aggieland when in the 2nd semester, every weekend except when we had hot dates in DFW or Houston, or those weekends preceding Quiz Week, a lot of the Corps would be wrapped up in various Poker games - often all nighters. I made my spending money that way.

Fellow Ags from Aggie families in Shreveport like Jim Myers '59, Dick Myers '60 and me were accustomed to our fathers playing in the once a month Engineers Game amongst employees from United Gas Pipeline, Texas Eastern, TEXACO and others from the booming Oil & Gas industry of that era. We learned the game at our fathers' knees by the time we were 12.

There was no Texas Hold 'Em in those days, and my game at A&M was Chicago High Low Split 7 Card Stud. Stakes would start at nickel - quarter on Friday night with winners going into Saturday, with sometimes stakes at as much as a then extremely steep $1.00 -$5.00 level.

Great Memories

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News