ADVERTISEMENT

Mask mandates coming back...??

Data doesn’t support doing this. Yes cases are way up, but hospitalizations are less than 50% of what they were at the same case number and deaths are a fraction, around 20x lower. Look at the UK numbers if you want to know how this will play out. Delta seems to burn fast and bright with fewer significantly ill. It’s moving to an endemic phase.

Putting on masks now will just ensure the next variant will cause another stupid panic. It’s time to realize Covid ain’t going anywhere. It’s doing exactly what a virus does, mutates to be come more virulent and less deadly. Those who have been vaccinated, not had Covid, and not at risk need to get out there, maskless, and have a good time. You need to be exposed to it to build your t-cell response and having the antibody response should prevent you from getting more than a mild cold. After you have the T cell response you are locked and loaded.

Going back to masks and lockdown are going to just prolong this. We are at a good time with how fast this burns out to use it to reach endemic phase. The government is not following the science here.

lastly, I’m not gonna tell you to vax or not, that’s your choice. Weigh the risks with your PCP and make an informed decision. Live your life.
The Biden team knows it will burn out with minimal damage. What they are doing is demanding masks, so when it does abate, they can claim credit. Everything is political. No science justifies these mandates.

BTW, the CDC hasn’t released any study justifying masks. They are pulling it out of their asses due to political pressure. The CDC has lost its credibility as an independent health advisory.

I'm in the same boat, wife had a double lung transplant last year and we are both pretty much bubble-wrapped. But I'm pissed that people will not get vaccinated for selfish, ignorant reasons and are so uptight about wearing a mask until we conquer this virus. We had our chance to get herd immunity but the numbskulls that refuse to get vaccinated are affecting all of us and are the reason we may be shutting down again this fall. I know this is a minority opinion on this board, but screw it. Let's all pull together to beat this thing!
Sorry to hear this for you. I am not in the same opinion though. I don't think we are being told the whole story on this thing. Hard to tell what is what but when you have info being hidden and suppressed you know there is more to the story. And the mandatory Vacc thing isn't the path because there will be a lot of liberties taken which will give those in power thinking they can do it for something else. Very dangerous and scary to think they are so open to this so quickly.

Reactions: Ag98 and Lukeag
Prove it.
Watch the news. I gave you the sources, it shouldn't be that hard for you to look up. It was on the news just yesterday. I am only repeating what Dr. Fauci , Biden, CDC, WHO , have said since covid-19 has been here. Biden yesterday told you that those that are vaccinated can still spread covid-19. We were also told masks do not stop you from getting covid-19, they are to keep you from spreading covid-19. Now they are telling everyone to wear a mask, so if the vaccine works why do those that are vaccinated have to wear a mask?

So they rose some, are we gonna keep doing this forever when it rises?

Washington DC for example, positive case rate is 8 per 100,000 people, they just mandated mask for anyone over 2. Does that make any sense?
They’re not rising uniformly across the US. It’s in pockets and generally in states where the population fears the vaccination.

You’re trying to have a conversation with someone who last year was crying about covid in the RGV but sits on their hands as tens of thousands of unvaccinated illegals pour over our borders and are then shipped all over the country.

he doesn’t care.
We got an activist over here. LMAO.

I do not work for the border patrol. But I do support them.

Whatever it is you’re doing isn’t working, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86aggie
If that scares people, let them take precautions. Don’t tell me I have to.
I’m not into government mandates. But the high rate of vaccine phobias keep the mandate (vaccine or mask) discussion on the table. Louisiana is not even at 40%. Vaccinations are crazy low.

We are given a smart medical option living in the USA. And we politicize it to our detriment.

Somehow this country made a vaccine the enemy of the state on the logic that despite a disease killing the most people we’ve seen in our lifetimes (taken into account time)….it doesn’t kill “everybody.” And we’ve convinced ourselves the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease.

That’s the genius at work here aka uphill battle.

Last edited:
If you think vaccine reluctance is purely a right vs. left issue, you aren't paying attention or are being misinformed. There are people on both sides of the aisle who aren't getting the shot.

Also: this is never going away even with 100% vaccination. It's a virus; they mutate, becoming more contagious but less deadly over time.

Note: my second dose was in early March; I have other risk factors (as does my wife) so we got it early.

If you think vaccine reluctance is purely a right vs. left issue, you aren't paying attention or are being misinformed. There are people on both sides of the aisle who aren't getting the shot.

Also: this is never going away even with 100% vaccination. It's a virus; they mutate, becoming more contagious but less deadly over time.

Note: my second dose was in early March; I have other risk factors (as does my wife) so we got it early.
Bingo. This is the correct answer. This virus will never be eradicated but will become similar to the flu overtime

Reactions: Ag98
It's not a left vs right. It's a vaccine that has been show to not prevent covid. This said vaccine is also not approved by the FDA. If you fell like signing up for the human trial that is your choice. Explain to me why health people should risk unknown side effects from an emergency approved vaccine.

We are given a smart medical option living in the USA. And we politicize it to our detriment.
It’s amazing that people don’t believe an administration and news media steered by a political ideology that handles china’s role in covid with kid gloves while telling people they’re white supremacist domestic terrorists if they question the bullshit they’re being fed.

Down from peak but cases, hospitalizations, etc all rising. And it’s the summer. Winter is coming.
We had a summer spike last year. We will have a winter spike as well. This year was just about a month later than last year. This will dip back down just as it did in India and Europe in 4-5 weeks. Then in November, we will see another increase.

This right here. When you had the current admin overtly campaigning aginst the vaccine for 4 months through November then pivot as soon as they get in, with the media spending that whole time regurgitating those politically motivated statements you get a lot of confused and mistrusting people on both sides of the isle.

You had the current VP saying she wouldn't take a vaccine made under Trump's watch. You had media telling us it wasn't safe since it wasn't tested, Trump rushed it, to do a 180 once they are in power. What are people supposed to believe?

There are legitimate reasons for vaccine hesitancy outside politics. Starts with the misinformation and doublespeak from the media. I don't know how many times I have heard the rebuttal to it being a completely new type of vaccine that hasn't been tested as "we've studied mRNA for decades". Yeah, and we knew about fire for tens of thousands of years before we built an internal combustion engine. They didn't have a delivery protein patent until 2017 and a viable one until 2018. This is a new technology, it's understandable to be hesitant IF you are willing to take the risk of getting COVID after talking to your PCP.

There are other issues though, due to mistrust of the government and media. I think that's probably the #1 reason for the hesitancy, nobody knows what to believe because they can't trust anyone. This reason is completely bi-partisan, extends across multiple political, cultural, and racial groups. People's eyes have been opened in that they know they can't trust media, so how can they trust this vaccine when nobody is explaining the science behind it to them, nobody is being transparent about risk, and they are now being told again, that nothing will change if you get it?

So they rose some, are we gonna keep doing this forever when it rises?

Washington DC for example, positive case rate is 8 per 100,000 people, they just mandated mask for anyone over 2. Does that make any sense?

Yes people in DC are known to be ugly woman and old men - no one wants to see their pissy looking faces...

They’re not rising uniformly across the US. It’s in pockets and generally in states where the population fears the vaccination.
Or communities within these states that are vax resistant. Doesn’t matter anymore since those with the vax are also carriers and transmitters of the new variant. The benefit for the vax is only protection of that individual.

It’s amazing that people don’t believe an administration and news media steered by a political ideology that handles china’s role in covid with kid gloves while telling people they’re white supremacist domestic terrorists if they question the bullshit they’re being fed.
One sentence. You got it all in!

Meanwhile, as you drivel, people who have decided not to vaccinate are dying.

But, hey, political stances, man.

We had a summer spike last year. We will have a winter spike as well. This year was just about a month later than last year. This will dip back down just as it did in India and Europe in 4-5 weeks. Then in November, we will see another increase.

This right here. When you had the current admin overtly campaigning aginst the vaccine for 4 months through November then pivot as soon as they get in, with the media spending that whole time regurgitating those politically motivated statements you get a lot of confused and mistrusting people on both sides of the isle.

You had the current VP saying she wouldn't take a vaccine made under Trump's watch. You had media telling us it wasn't safe since it wasn't tested, Trump rushed it, to do a 180 once they are in power. What are people supposed to believe?

There are legitimate reasons for vaccine hesitancy outside politics. Starts with the misinformation and doublespeak from the media. I don't know how many times I have heard the rebuttal to it being a completely new type of vaccine that hasn't been tested as "we've studied mRNA for decades". Yeah, and we knew about fire for tens of thousands of years before we built an internal combustion engine. They didn't have a delivery protein patent until 2017 and a viable one until 2018. This is a new technology, it's understandable to be hesitant IF you are willing to take the risk of getting COVID after talking to your PCP.

There are other issues though, due to mistrust of the government and media. I think that's probably the #1 reason for the hesitancy, nobody knows what to believe because they can't trust anyone. This reason is completely bi-partisan, extends across multiple political, cultural, and racial groups. People's eyes have been opened in that they know they can't trust media, so how can they trust this vaccine when nobody is explaining the science behind it to them, nobody is being transparent about risk, and they are now being told again, that nothing will change if you get it?
No mention of the stance that right wing news outlets take on the vaccine. Or Trump’s refusal to support taking the vaccine, instead deciding to use the vaccination rates as political capital against Biden.

Hmmm…alright.

One sentence. You got it all in!

Meanwhile, as you drivel, people who have decided not to vaccinate are dying.

But, hey, political stances, man.
As is their choice. I’m just telling you why they don’t trust the people telling them what to do.

All the at risk people in my family got vaccinated(as an aside all except one are Trump voters but don't let that mess up your narrative...in fact my best friend is the biggest Trump supporter you will meet and he got vaccinated as soon as he could), all my elderly parents, step-parents, In laws, aunts, uncles......the most vulnerable got the vaccine....that slowed deaths...which was the whole plan from the beginning....we will not get to zero covid deaths or zero cases or zero hospitalizations barring some miracle cure that comes along. Mask won't do it. Now they just take whichever metric supports more fear.....if deaths are high we cite that number, when they go down it's numbers in hospitals....now we have just moved on to positive cases...oh but ignore the fact that the PCR test we relied on for over a year is actually junk.

And this administration has given out horrible messaging on this. Trump is gone, and you can sit there all day and say all you want that he handled it wrong, and I agree with that for a lot of it....but it's Bidens issue now, and his admin flip flops every day, heck he contradicts his own messaging within the same press conference. Now people are surprised that people are hesitant to get it? The whole pitch to get vaccinated was "go back to normal and now you don't have to wear mask"....well they just took that carrot away, without showing any data of SCIENCE! SCIENCE! to support it! They tried free beer and all kinds of other incentives, now our President has resorted to just calling people who don't get it dumb, all that does is make the hesitant dig in deeper.

And what does our media and politicians do? They blame it all on Trump voters, when the minorities are some of the most reluctant to get it. At this point, the people who want the vaccine have gotten it, and we will live through spikes, people just need to realize this and move on.

So if everyone was vaccinated we wouldn't need mask. Except for the people that are still getting covid after being vaccinated. The vaccine does not prevent covid neither due the masks.
How many vaccinated people are dying bc of Covid? It’s not zero, but it’s close.

No mention of the stance that right wing news outlets take on the vaccine. Or Trump’s refusal to support taking the vaccine, instead deciding to use the vaccination rates as political capital against Biden.

Hmmm…alright.

I keep hearing this same bullshit spouted by my friends on the left. What “right wing” news outlets are you referring to? I’m not a FoxNews apologist but nearly every day, they have something on their website promoting people to get the vaccine. I think this a made up narrative by the left to try and blame the right for the debacle. Granted, it’s clear that southern states are leading the charge in NOT getting the vaccine but I think schmak did a pretty good job of laying out why…this was politicized by politicians on the the left, namely our sitting VEEP, with their commentary on the “trump vaccine”. Hopefully people will open their eyes and realize that all of these politicians are assholes and don’t really have your well-being at the forefront of their logic or idealogy.

This is a good study if you want to look at it from Yale, the TL;DR is after 4 months were not real impact/effects, non-Covid related deaths were the same as placebo for one and two doses. It needs to be peer reviewed but it’s promising.

They’re mostly on the right, but you already know that.

Hopefully people will open their eyes and realize that all of these politicians are assholes and don’t really have your well-being at the forefront of their logic or idealogy.
This is the damn truth, on both sides of the aisle. Both sides only care about power(I'm sure there are a few exceptions among them), and will use covid to advance their power.

Reactions: f2foxes2001
They’re mostly on the right, but you already know that.
I'm sure that's what your favored media outlets have told you, and yes there are disparities among republicans and democrats....but there are large disparities among races and age groups.

But don't look in to it, just believe what you are told.

This is very anecdotal, but I have a wide spectrum of friends/family...mostly Republican but several Dems also...but all the elderly and at risk have gotten vaccinated, and several of the younger ones have to. The elderly in that group are very staunch Trump supporters, very very Pro Trump....but they got the shot as soon as they could.

My father in law, hates Trump, was the last of that group to get the shot.

One of my friends who I would consider a perfect example of a moderate on political issues is the most anti-vax person in my social/family circle.

The few Dem friends I have I believe are vaccinated.

Point is, every one has their own reason for either getting it or not getting it, just boiling it down to right vs left is lazy....but it fits your agenda so you go with it.

How many vaccinated people are dying bc of Covid? It’s not zero, but it’s close.
Exactly, which is why those of us vaccinated have nothing to worry about and should stop bitching about the other guys. They are not a threat to anybody but themselves. Vaxed people can carry and transmit also, so that argument is played out.

Data doesn’t support doing this. Yes cases are way up, but hospitalizations are less than 50% of what they were at the same case number and deaths are a fraction, around 20x lower. Look at the UK numbers if you want to know how this will play out. Delta seems to burn fast and bright with fewer significantly ill. It’s moving to an endemic phase.

Putting on masks now will just ensure the next variant will cause another stupid panic. It’s time to realize Covid ain’t going anywhere. It’s doing exactly what a virus does, mutates to be come more virulent and less deadly. Those who have been vaccinated, not had Covid, and not at risk need to get out there, maskless, and have a good time. You need to be exposed to it to build your t-cell response and having the antibody response should prevent you from getting more than a mild cold. After you have the T cell response you are locked and loaded.

Going back to masks and lockdown are going to just prolong this. We are at a good time with how fast this burns out to use it to reach endemic phase. The government is not following the science here.

lastly, I’m not gonna tell you to vax or not, that’s your choice. Weigh the risks with your PCP and make an informed decision. Live your life.

So the grand plan is don’t mask and don’t vax. Maybe, then, don’t post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT