ADVERTISEMENT

Is shit gonna burn tonight?

Not yet. To be honest, I may never seek it. Texas (and most states) do not require signing/sealing engineers to be an SE. PE is still sufficient.
I’m a PE and aware that TX doesn’t require SE. however, I’ve thought about going after it for the marketability/credibility aspect.

Im not sure I have that much time to burn on getting my ass kicked by two tests with a worse pass rate than PE. Oof.

I’m a PE and aware that TX doesn’t require SE. however, I’ve thought about going after it for the marketability/credibility aspect.

Im not sure I have that much time to burn on getting my ass kicked by two tests with a worse pass rate than PE. Oof.

Yeahhhh 50% (sometimes average is lower) for both the vertical and horizontal is.... not ideal nor encouraging. Those that pass it are impressive engineers.

Just think, if he would not have resisted and just got in police car nobody would know his name. He would have probably died of a drug overdose, his family would not make millions off someone they didn't want around. Little things can change what happens in life. We will see many more of these cases. it pays to resist.

Nothing in the first half of your statement proved beyond reasonable doubt that it was murder. Either 2nd or 3rd. 2nd requires intent. 3rd doesn't really apply by the Minny wording of the law. Do you believe Chauvin intended to kill Floyd while he had him pinned?
Intent under the law does not mean what you think it means. It’s not whether he intended to kill him, it’s whether he intended to do the thing that killed him.

For instance if you swing a bat at someone’s head and he dies, maybe you didn’t intend to kill him, but you intended to hit him with a bat.

Go find the instructions that the judge gave the jury, he explained this concept pretty well.

Reactions: jeffmc and BIMSAg02
Have only seen maybe 15 minutes of news this morning. No reports of burning or looting.

Thankful if this is the truth.

Let me see if I have this straight:
Defense witness threatened with a severed pig head. Sitting congresswoman in town trying to incite violence. Jury driving to/from courthouse through riot barricade every day because they weren’t sequestered until Monday?

This article stopped just short of doxxing the jurors:

Why isn’t this a bigger deal?

Reactions: darterbury
Defense witness threatened with a severed pig head. Sitting congresswoman in town trying to incite violence. Jury driving to/from courthouse through riot barricade every day because they weren’t sequestered until Monday?

Chauvin will need an attorney that is better at jury selection in his next trial.

Have only seen maybe 15 minutes of news this morning. No reports of burning or looting.

Thankful if this is the truth.
They have moved on to Columbus Ohio. A person wielding a knife on another person was shot to protect the unarmed but the police will pay for this as well.

Because "justice" by any means necessary.

Because "justice" by any means necessary.

First, I want to say I think Chauvin is a turd.

I also think there is a reasonable chance the verdict will be vacated on appeal due to outside influence.

Anyway

A CNN report yesterday evening had video of BLM protesters/marchers/celebrants being questioned during the hours after the verdict was announced. They said this was not justice, it was accountability.

They went on to state that justice will be when police are disbanded (not defunded) and Blacks are free. That is what they are seeking.

Another individual with bullit-proof vest and other protective gear stated that peaceful protests did not accomplish anything, they had to become violent in order to get peoples' attention and get the results they wanted and achieved. (sounds like they believe they have found the formula)

BLM and others are seeking a lawless state, one in which they answer to no one.

It is not about police reform.
It's not about justice or accountability.
It is about complete anarchy.

First, I want to say I think Chauvin is a turd.

I also think there is a reasonable chance the verdict will be vacated on appeal due to outside influence.

Anyway

A CNN report yesterday evening had video of BLM protesters/marchers/celebrants being questioned during the hours after the verdict was announced. They said this was not justice, it was accountability.

They went on to state that justice will be when police are disbanded (not defunded) and Blacks are free. That is what they are seeking.

Another individual with bullit-proof vest and other protective gear stated that peaceful protests did not accomplish anything, they had to become violent in order to get peoples' attention and get the results they wanted and achieved. (sounds like they believe they have found the formula)

BLM and others are seeking a lawless state, one in which they answer to no one.

It is not about police reform.
It's not about justice or accountability.
It is about complete anarchy.
He may be a turd, I don't know him so hard to say. What I feel is that verdict was placing all blame of the situation on him and it just wasn't the case. The verdict given was a CYA verdict so the mob didn't go after the jury...that isn't justice. Based on the outside influence the trial should be tossed, and when it is will the mob go after auntie Maxine for opening her fat mouth? Will they go after Joe for politicizing it? The whole trial is an attack on what keeps us a civilized society, we are dangerously close to lynch mobs.

Reactions: Reckless75
He may be a turd, I don't know him so hard to say. What I feel is that verdict was placing all blame of the situation on him and it just wasn't the case. The verdict given was a CYA verdict so the mob didn't go after the jury...that isn't justice. Based on the outside influence the trial should be tossed, and when it is will the mob go after auntie Maxine for opening her fat mouth? Will they go after Joe for politicizing it? The whole trial is an attack on what keeps us a civilized society, we are dangerously close to lynch mobs.
Maaaaaaybe, old white guys should stand down on using "lynch mobs" in regards to black protestors. Just saying

Maaaaaaybe, old white guys should stand down on using "lynch mobs" in regards to black protestors. Just saying
“The white liberals, who have been posing as our friends, have failed us. The white liberal is the worst enemy to America and the worst enemy to the black man.”

“White liberals are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the black man as our ‘friend’ to get our sympathy, our allegiance and our minds. The white liberal attempts to use us politically against white conservatives, so that anything the black man does is never for his own good, never for his advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal.”

“I only cite these things to show you that in America the history of white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make us think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white liberal. The only way that our problems will be solved is when the black man wakes up, cleans himself up, stands on his own two feet, stops begging the white liberal and takes immediate steps to do for ourselves the things that we have been waiting on the white liberal to do for us.”

“The media’s the most powerful entity on Earth. They have the power to make the innocent look guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the mind of the masses.”

“The Democrats are playing you for a political chump and if you vote for them, not only are you a chump, you are a traitor to your race.”

Malcolm X

Reactions: clayber and BDB99

There seems to be a lot of words and phrases that old white guys can't use, but everyone else can.

Reactions: darterbury
Intent under the law does not mean what you think it means. It’s not whether he intended to kill him, it’s whether he intended to do the thing that killed him.

For instance if you swing a bat at someone’s head and he dies, maybe you didn’t intend to kill him, but you intended to hit him with a bat.

Go find the instructions that the judge gave the jury, he explained this concept pretty well.
I see.

Although that would return us to the notion that the knee alone (coupled with the prone position) killed Floyd. There was plenty of provided expert testimony from the defense that should have all but ensured some reasonable doubt. Which is all the defense needed.

Now, if he was convicted on the first subdivision of the 2nd degree murder, how is 3rd degree murder applicable? Manslaughter is also a bit contradicting. Not bitching, just genuinely curious how these can all apply simultaneously.

I see.

Although that would return us to the notion that the knee alone (coupled with the prone position) killed Floyd. There was plenty of provided expert testimony from the defense that should have all but ensured some reasonable doubt. Which is all the defense needed.

Now, if he was convicted on the first subdivision of the 2nd degree murder, how is 3rd degree murder applicable? Manslaughter is also a bit contradicting. Not bitching, just genuinely curious how these can all apply simultaneously.

Fortunately, you have some of the greatest legal minds in the country right here to provide answers to your questions.

No. You nor any of your lib friends get to control speech. If the description fits deal with it
That moment when you realize it’s not the site people post on that makes them say crazy stuff, but the people posting on the site

There seems to be a lot of words and phrases that old white guys can't use, but everyone else can.
Just the ones regarding killing people of another skin color using the exact terms that were used by old white guys. That’s my list, anyway.

The judge revoked bail and set sentence for 8 weeks from now. I'm no legal expert, but my guess is that punishment will be time served.

Just the ones regarding killing people of another skin color using the exact terms that were used by old white guys. That’s my list, anyway.

I think I can openly discuss lynchings with anyone. There is nothing racially or gender specific about lynchings.

As a matter of fact there was a famous lynching just a few miles from my house. It was in 1873, and those lynched were white women. They were members of the Hill family and were part of a murderous gang that had been terrorizing Parker, Jack, Wise, Montague and other counties in that part of Texas. But their house was about I mile from where I am sitting right now.

Besides the mother and father, there were two boys and six girls in the family, and they were some of the meanest individuals that ever came through this country.

The father shot a gunslinger in the shoulder in a saloon in Springtown. The gunslinger then put three bullets in Mr. Hill's heart. That started a series of attacks and robberies in the area that lasted a few years. Finally a vigilante mob chased two of the sisters down south of town and hung them, then chased two others west of town and shot them and left them laying where the died. At the end there were two Hill kids left that were about 11 and 12 years old. They were turned over to the County.

But yeah, there were vigilantes, and lynchings, and brutal killings.

And none of it involved anyone black.

And it was done to end a period of lawlessness.

So, I think I can talk about lynchings any time I feel like it. One race does own the rights to when that term can be used.

The judge revoked bail and set sentence for 8 weeks from now. I'm no legal expert, but my guess is that punishment will be time served.
Like all the legal opinions that this will be overturned, this is equally completely wrong. He’s going to prison for 10 plus years.

You legal scholars go back to telling us how the courts are going to overturn the elections. Or how corona is just like the common flu. Or whatever else stupid stuff you say that proves to be wrong constantly but never dissuades the stupidity from a free flow.

Reactions: bioaggie
Like all the legal opinions that this will be overturned, this is equally completely wrong. He’s going to prison for 10 plus years.

You legal scholars go back to telling us how the courts are going to overturn the elections. Or how corona is just like the common flu. Or whatever else stupid stuff you say that proves to be wrong constantly but never dissuades the stupidity from a free flow.
Not a legal scholar, and I don't agree with you on many things, but I agree that ultimately Chauvin goes to prison for an extended period. Would really be surprised if it was as low as 10 years.

If I were the defense attorney, I would be screaming jury intimidation all day long. You had activists and politicians screaming and demanding a certain verdict as well as violence in the city. I think he was guilty of contributing to his death but I am not sure he got a fair trial. If we no longer have fair due process in this country then we have no liberty.

This whole situation was a win for everyone. Bad cop off the streets and a useless individual no longer a drain on society.

Unfortunately, it also exposed the massive segment of our society that needs a good slap in the face.

This whole situation was a win for everyone. Bad cop off the streets and a useless individual no longer a drain on society.

Unfortunately, it also exposed the massive segment of our society that needs a good slap in the face.
Win-win. Plus the left is exposing themselves as not really caring about Floyd or this case. They are still saying it’s not enough. Predictable. They wanted a not guilty to give them more cover to tear shit up and attack more cops.

Reactions: Colt_Seavers
If I were the defense attorney, I would be screaming jury intimidation all day long. You had activists and politicians screaming and demanding a certain verdict as well as violence in the city. I think he was guilty of contributing to his death but I am not sure he got a fair trial. If we no longer have fair due process in this country then we have no liberty.
What do you believe was not fair? I watched a good bit of it, I certainly didn’t see anything unfair. I thought the defense should have objected to a lot of testimony that he didn’t, but that’s not a fairness issue.

Jury selection took over a week I believe. That’s carefully choosing non biased jurors for a case that would be hard to do.

What do you believe was not fair?
Jurors having to convict a man where reasonable doubt may exist versus the safety of themselves/friends/family/community, their ability to find employment going forward?

why do you believe riot barricades were put up outside the courthouse? Why do you believe stores began boarding up windows ahead of the verdict?

Maybe you should read up on virtue signaling protocol before you try to declare moral superiority over people on here. The b in black is supposed to be capitalized.

Reactions: wick and darterbury
I messed up the reply button but this was meant for Aggie98inHouston.

I am talking about outside intimidation of the jurors during the trial as referenced above. You had roving bands of violent activists in the streets threatening greater violence if they did get what they want. You had various politicians from the President to Maxine Waters and others praying or demanding a guilty verdict as well as pushing violence if demands were not met. To think these jurors were absolutely in a bubble immune from social media pressure is probably naive. This being said I believe Chauvin contributed to Floyd's death and deserves jail time. However even scumbags deserve a fair trial without juror intimidation. If we have mob justice then we have no justice or liberty.

Last edited:
Maybe you should read up on virtue signaling protocol before you try to declare moral superiority over people on here. The b in black is supposed to be capitalized.
Dude, again this place and just common sense couth that you guys are lacking. It’s just odd and a lot sad

I messed up the reply button but this was meant for Aggie98inHouston.

I am talking about outside intimidation of the jurors during the trial as referenced above. You had roving bands of violent activists in the streets threatening greater violence if they did get what they want. You had various politicians from the President to Maxine Waters and others praying or demanding a guilty verdict as well as pushing violence if demands were not met. To think these jurors were absolutely in a bubble immune from social media pressure is probably naive. This being said I believe Chauvin contributed to Floyd's death and deserves jail time. However even scumbags deserve a fair trial without juror intimidation. If we have mob justice then we have no justice or liberty.
I agree on the intimidation front. Politicians need to chill out with all that and whatever happens is a part of our judicial process also. Also Chauvin is trash so he I am ok if he gets screwed over

ADVERTISEMENT