ADVERTISEMENT

If these numbers are true, do they change you mind about mask mandates?

but I don’t believe it’s any riskier than any other.

What does yours or anyone's "Belief" have to do with medical science? If its it not any riskier then it should be clearly shown that its not. Shouldn't be that hard. Why are so many medical professionals refusing to take it?

Belief shouldn't enter the equation.

Well I’m no Doctor but with everyone’s personal choices HOPEFULLY it won’t affect us all going to the games. None of us can make this administrative decision, but we ALL can influence it. If A&M deems Covid a health threat we’re not going to the games. Covid is real & can be a threat to our collective dreams of a Natty. See NC State.

What does yours or anyone's "Belief" have to do with medical science? If its it not any riskier then it should be clearly shown that its not. Shouldn't be that hard. Why are so many medical professionals refusing to take it?

No different than your “belief” that it’s not safe.

No different than your “belief” that it’s not safe.
Uh, yeah it is. Mostly because I don’t believe it’s not safe. No one has shown me definitively that it is. Or that it’s effective or needed for that matter. Save me your “I know you are but what am I” BS.

1. As a percentage, the numbers are still extremely small.
2. Most people don't even wear proper mask. They where some sort of cloth mask, not a surgical type mask so the protection, while some, isn't the greatest.
3. There are still a ton of people who don't wear their mask correctly. (Don't cover their nose, etc.)
4. If you look at the Covid numbers, by day, for the US (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/) and go to the "Daily New Cases" graph below the state data, you will see that we had huge covid numbers from October through February, when most of the country was wearing a mask.

1. As a percentage, the numbers are still extremely small.
2. Most people don't even wear proper mask. They where some sort of cloth mask, not a surgical type mask so the protection, while some, isn't the greatest.
3. There are still a ton of people who don't wear their mask correctly. (Don't cover their nose, etc.)
4. If you look at the Covid numbers, by day, for the US (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/) and go to the "Daily New Cases" graph below the state data, you will see that we had huge covid numbers from October through February, when most of the country was wearing a mask.
Quit trying to baffle people

Uh, yeah it is. Mostly because I don’t believe it’s not safe. No one has shown me definitively that it is. Or that it’s effective or needed for that matter. Save me your “I know you are but what am I” BS.

You do realize that you’re the one that responded to my post, right? And frankly, it’s incredibly unclear as to what message you’re trying to send - you’re mad about a word I used? I already told you that I don’t give a shit if you get the shot or not.

It does seem like a lot of the folks that refuse to do so are now simply avoiding it to make a statement - it’s as much virtue signaling as those who post on Facebook about being mask wearers and shot proponents.
I agree with this to a certain extent.....and will say that our govt and "experts" are making a huge mistake by blaming everything on the unvaccinated, calling them names, or attempting to segregate them. It only causes them to dig in deeper....why they can't understand the messaging is all wrong, is beyond me.

I agree with this to a certain extent.....and will say that our govt and "experts" are making a huge mistake by blaming everything on the unvaccinated, calling them names, or attempting to segregate them. It only causes them to dig in deeper....why they can't understand the messaging is all wrong, is beyond me.

Agree 100%.

You do realize that you’re the one that responded to my post, right? And frankly, it’s incredibly unclear as to what message you’re trying to send - you’re mad about a word I used? I already told you that I don’t give a shit if you get the shot or not.

I do realize I responded to your post. I picked out a tiny portion of it to make a point. I felt like the point was pretty clear that what you believe about a medical procedure shouldn't be a relevant talking point. I didn't take exception to anything else you've posted other than your erroneous reply that my belief is equal to your belief. I also don't give a shit if you take the vax or not, so we agree more than we disagree.

I do realize I responded to your post. I picked out a tiny portion of it to make a point. I felt like the point was pretty clear that what you believe about a medical procedure shouldn't be a relevant talking point. I didn't take exception to anything else you've posted other than your erroneous reply that my belief is equal to your belief. I also don't give a shit if you take the vax or not, so we agree more than we disagree.

That’s called an opinion and this site is chocked full of them but either way…agree to move on from a minuscule argument that is detracting from a much greater debate.

Reactions: Majic8Ball
Honestly, no idea, but I would have to assume they're better than the Old Navy mask.
73294343.jpg

182 deaths per 100,000 really moves the needle for you? Seems like you want it to go on. I read that really smart people will twist information to confirm their beliefs. I think you’re pretty smart based on this tweet. ;) that said, I see your point.
Approximately 1 in 600 American's dying from something doesn't move the needle for you? Not arguing masks or whatever, just seems shocking that this numbers does not seem all that significant to you.

Reactions: catorano
Approximately 1 in 600 American's dying from something doesn't move the needle for you? Not arguing masks or whatever, just seems shocking that this numbers does not seem all that significant to you.
1 in 600 are not currently dying. Our original ineptitude in battling this thing pretty much killed off most of the vulnerable.

Look at one of the alleged smarter people on here posting newsmax nonsense to stir up the angries. Well done
I asked a question, and it short circuited your brain. Would a 1/4000 hospitalization change your mind? It’s a simple question. If you think that chart is inaccurate, please explain.

You sure try to act like you’re one of the smartest people on here, but really you just talk down to people without ever actually adding anything. Instead of actually analyzing anything, you resort to labels and dismiss.

But don’t let me stop you, because it is a fun button to push.

I asked a question, and it short circuited your brain. Would a 1/4000 hospitalization change your mind? It’s a simple question. If you think that chart is inaccurate, please explain.

You sure try to act like you’re one of the smartest people on here, but really you just talk down to people without ever actually adding anything. Instead of actually analyzing anything, you resort to labels and dismiss.

When this thing originally hit 18 months ago and it looked like possibly 20% of patients were requiring hospitalization (as seen in south korea and italy) I was pretty concerned and was pretty much behind whatever emergency actions needed to be taken to keep the healthcare system going. It became pretty apparent pretty quickly that that was all bullshit. How some people haven't come around to seeing it with their own eyes 18 months later is what is baffling to me.

The debate seems to be over the "mandate" part. Look, if you're concerned, wear a mask; send your kid to school in a mask; avoid high-traffic areas; etc. This isn't hard. Worry about yourself.... The hospitals will handle those that don't just like they've been handling heart attacks and strokes for obese people and bran injuries for bikers that don't wear helmets, etc. Smart people can have differences of opinion when it comes to personal choices that affect their health - we don't have to agree on everything and you don't get to force your opinion on me.

Not going to post more medical data for you guys to then repost something from some BS site. I was surprised originally that it came from you. That’s it. Calling this group that comes on here yelling down science bc social media and Newsmax has a chart that says otherwise is not labeling. It simply acknowledging what you guys are

Not going to post more medical data for you guys to then repost something from some BS site. I was surprised originally that it came from you. That’s it. Calling this group that comes on here yelling down science bc social media and Newsmax has a chart that says otherwise is not labeling. It simply acknowledging what you guys are

Translated: I'm not smart enough to hold my end of the argument, so I quit losers.

The debate seems to be over the "mandate" part. Look, if you're concerned, wear a mask; send your kid to school in a mask; avoid high-traffic areas; etc. This isn't hard. Worry about yourself.... The hospitals will handle those that don't just like they've been handling heart attacks and strokes for obese people and bran injuries for bikers that don't wear helmets, etc. Smart people can have differences of opinion when it comes to personal choices that affect their health - we don't have to agree on everything and you don't get to force your opinion on me.
I don’t think we need mask mandates across the board. Just schools where the kids don’t have a choice and I don’t get to choose who they go to school with. As has been discussed on here at least 10 times, those of us with at risk kids are frustrated by it. Not worried about bars/restaurants etc

So the CDC is a bs site? That’s a surprising hot take coming from you.

And again, this thread was couched with **if true** to see where people are about relative risk. But you can’t seem to even go there.

Reactions: Lukeag and jeffmc

Most are likely protected with antibodies but they are labeled with a scarlet letter by our government.

I don’t think we need mask mandates across the board. Just schools where the kids don’t have a choice and I don’t get to choose who they go to school with. As has been discussed on here at least 10 times, those of us with at risk kids are frustrated by it. Not worried about bars/restaurants etc
Put your kids in N95 masks

When this thing originally hit 18 months ago and it looked like possibly 20% of patients were requiring hospitalization (as seen in south korea and italy) I was pretty concerned and was pretty much behind whatever emergency actions needed to be taken to keep the healthcare system going. It became pretty apparent pretty quickly that that was all bullshit. How some people haven't come around to seeing it with their own eyes 18 months later is what is baffling to me.
Can you imagine living in New Zealand where they went back in to lockdown after 1 case!!?!

Or Australia where they are under essentially Marshall Law and being kept in their homes, and they last I saw they were averaging 2 deaths a day.

The world has gone insane over this virus.

I have an autistic T1D child in public school. I’m not frustrated by kids not wearing masks. Masks pose a far greater threat to his development than COVID.

We did get him vaccinated, but I wouldn’t be worried about his health either way, based on the numbers. Why? Because I don’t think the relative risk to him is significant based on the numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT