ADVERTISEMENT

If these numbers are true, do they change you mind about mask mandates?

I have much bigger issues in life to concern myself with than having to wear a mask. I think we all probably do. So put me in the no category i suppose.

I don’t know what those numbers represent because they are wildly inconsistent with the aggregate number of “fatalities” related to Covid.

1) it’s not clear in the tweet whether the 100,000 denominator in each category is 100,000 of the general population (meaning the overall rate would be the sum of the hospitalizations in each category - 25.4/100,000) or, more likely, the denominator represents 100,000 people in that age group (meaning the aggregate rate is somewhere bewtween the highest and lowest rate by category - somewhere between 1.4/100,000 and 10.8/qpp,000)

2) either way, reported 620,000 deaths in a population of 330 million is 182 deaths per 100,000..

I’d need the two pieces of information to be reconciled for the tweet to be actionable.

Reactions: pebbycree
I don’t know what those numbers represent because they are wildly inconsistent with the aggregate number of “fatalities” related to Covid.

1) it’s not clear in the tweet whether the 100,000 denominator in each category is 100,000 of the general population (meaning the overall rate would be the sum of the hospitalizations in each category - 25.4/100,000) or, more likely, the denominator represents 100,000 people in that age group (meaning the aggregate rate is somewhere bewtween the highest and lowest rate by category - somewhere between 1.4/100,000 and 10.8/qpp,000)

2) either way, reported 620,000 deaths in a population of 330 million is 182 deaths per 100,000..

I’d need the two pieces of information to be reconciled for the tweet to be actionable.
It would be interesting to know the annual deaths in the US for the years 2016-2021

Watch vax rates skyrocket if they add a fun drug of your choice… maybe a little demarol or heroin !!!

• Wow
Reactions: zoiker
do these hospitalization or death rates reflect those who have had the vax regardless of being directly linked as your graph has?

Reactions: TAMU_Fan

".....tweet to be actionable." hahahaha!

182 deaths per 100,000 really moves the needle for you? Seems like you want it to go on. I read that really smart people will twist information to confirm their beliefs. I think you’re pretty smart based on this tweet. ;) that said, I see your point.

Reactions: Lukeag
As long as our stupid ass government continues to manipulate our thinking with misinformation.
Thank god we have you, Mike Lindell and other non stupid asses to save us from the mass conspiracy from govt, doctors, hospitals, epidemiologists across the world! You guys are like super heroes.

Reactions: Agswag12
My god. How many times do we have to have the same stupid ass thread?
Thank god we have you, Mike Lindell and other non stupid asses to save us from the mass conspiracy from govt, doctors, hospitals, epidemiologists across the world! You guys are like super heroes.
You sure post on these stupid ass threads a lot.

The problem with this topic is that everyone is an expert without actually knowing.
I think have the same info, but different people want different things for society. The Jonathan Haidt chart betweens conservatives and liberals applies here.

Reactions: aggiekhan
Example of how information is manipulated:
Fauci was asked about the studies showing natural immunity through anti-bodies gave better protection from covid and its variants than the vaccine. Fauci said this was false, and included the line that vaccinated people were better protected.
It was later clarified by CDC that he meant if you had the anibodies and also got the vaccine, you were better protected. That wasn’t the question. For some reason, the CDC is attempting to minimize natural immunity, even though it’s own website estimates at least 35% of Americans have it. It makes the push for universal vaccine, without exceptions, suspect.

The good news is that no matter what your opinion is you can find data to support it.
I really doubt that anyone on AY has changed their opinion on COVID, masks, vaccination, Trump, Biden, Hillary, Afghanistan, or Demas based on AY posts.

If you’ve had Covid or been vaccinated, you shouldn’t have to wear a mask even though there is a threat of reinfection (as is the case with many viruses). I’m going to say this for the 100th time, it would be great if you guys would go ahead and get the vaccine so we can shut up the government and the medical experts, and move on with our lives. That being said, I also totally understand the hesitancy to get the shot given how it was developed but I don’t believe it’s any riskier than any other. It does seem like a lot of the folks that refuse to do so are now simply avoiding it to make a statement - it’s as much virtue signaling as those who post on Facebook about being mask wearers and shot proponents. So, do what you want but recognize that if you get really sick, hospitalized, or die, in all likelihood, it could have been prevented (and yes, we all know about breakthrough cases so it’s not a 100% guarantee - no vaccine is).

At any rate, time to move past ALL of this bullshit and return to whatever normal society will look like, post-pandemic.

Maybe because drooling into an open incision is more dire than breathing on a healthy person?

or let’s look at the flip side: if masks do work, why are you and your doctor not wearing one when you visit his/her office for flu like symptoms prior to 2020?
I hear ya. The whole mask debate never moved the needle for me. Considering all the other things in my life that I need to navigate through, wearing a piece of paper on my face seems pretty insignificant.

To your second point, I went to my doc 3 years ago for the flu (heard Tamiflu was a good idea) and he was actually wearing a mask when he came into the room. Not sure that means anything worthwhile but it’s a data point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT