ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy shit going on in Colorado.

How many guns are walked across the border each year?

into Australia.
The guns are going the other way.

Unless you believe those darn Canadians are smuggling guns in left and right, eh.

• Haha
Reactions: chuckg_07
How does more people being murdered that is not getting reported assist an argument that we do not need any further gun control?
It's not the guns that need to be the issue here. The laws on the books should have prevented this guy from getting the guns he was able to obtain. You want more laws on the books ensure the ones you have now actually work. Why was a felon who is on the FBI watch list able to get a gun? Answer that and enforce the damn laws we do have before coming up with others that will do nothing but make law abiding citizens criminals. This POS in Colorado deserves the blame here....not the tool he decided to use. How many people across the US used a firearm yesterday to protect themselves? Why don't we ever hear those stats?

Thus the question is, why didn't that information get into the system to prevent the purchase?
A bipartisan bill came up a couple years ago introduced by Ted Cruz and Grassly (I think) that would have brought this information up to date in the database and would have compelled the DOJ to prosecute people trying to purchase firearms illegally. It had 8-9 dem votes too, but it was voted down because it needed 60 votes.
I'm a huge 2A absolutists, but this is the type of compromised legislation that to make our country great.
These laws and events are manufactured (by both sides) to keep us fighting. If you believe that your senators or congressmen care about you, you're too stupid to be in this discussion.

It's not the guns that need to be the issue here. The laws on the books should have prevented this guy from getting the guns he was able to obtain. You want more laws on the books ensure the ones you have now actually work. Why was a felon who is on the FBI watch list able to get a gun? Answer that and enforce the damn laws we do have before coming up with others that will do nothing but make law abiding citizens criminals. This POS in Colorado deserves the blame here....not the tool he decided to use. How many people across the US used a firearm yesterday to protect themselves? Why don't we ever hear those stats?
I dont disagree with we should enforce the laws we have and this guy should have never had this gun.

But that did not address the question I asked at all.

I dont disagree with we should enforce the laws we have and this guy should have never had this gun.

But that did not address the question I asked at all.
It’s because the question Isn’t relative to the point of the statement. The media and democrat are now up in arms to exploit a tragic situation that plays out every weekend in Chicago....where they have been running things for decades. This is nothing more than politics and to start screaming for née laws enforcing the ones that are already on the books is a starter. Show that you can do that and see if it works. Don’t dust off the old gun control and confiscation racket because of a tragic event. Stop trying to take the focus at the shit show at the border where we should also be enforcing the laws. We don’t have a law or lack of law problem in the country. We have a lack of enforcement across the board. If we refuse to punish the law breakers we have why do we want to put more laws on the people who are law abiding citizens. You think the gun this guy chose made him do what he did?

Reactions: texasguyto
It is always the same argument ...if a cop kills somebody with a gun it is the cops fault but if a crazy ass muther fukkker kills somebody with a gun it is the guns fault. Damn stupid argument!

It is also stupid to want more laws when there is no enforcement of those on the books.

And last but not least, it is insanity to have DA's in LA , San Fran etc that refuse to prosecute and then release violent criminals.
Fix the above and then we may have a civil discussion but not until that happens.

PS
One last stupid argument is "you don't need a weapon that "powerful"....that one makes me roll on the floor laughing because I want overwhelming firepower to protect myself and my family.

For those that are slow... OVERWHELMING firepower.

Reactions: Reckless75
Reactions: ITS BK
It’s so much easier to get a gun than a credit card in this country because the credit card companies actually care who gets them.

I don’t think anyone thinks the 2nd amendment should be thrown out but this isn’t the world or firearms our founding fathers could have ever conceived. Just have to ask how many murders we are good with before policy changes can occur. It took 489 people to be shot in one day for bump stocks to become outlawed.

Last edited:
I think our founding fathers could’ve conceived an oppressive govt determined to disarm them.

If you were really concerned about that you would quit voting for people that want to give every last tax dollar to the military. You are arming your potential enemy with the best money can buy.

Try again.

Reactions: RedshirtAg
It’s so much easier to get a gun than a credit card in this country because the credit card companies actually care who gets them.

I don’t think anyone thinks the 2nd amendment should be thrown out but this isn’t the world or firearms our founding fathers could have ever conceived. Just have to ask how many murders we are good with before policy changes can occur. It took 489 people to be shot in one day for bump stocks to become outlawed.
Let me rephrase.....its much to easy for a criminal to get a gun because nobody will enforce the laws. If you are serious about stopping these incidents focus on the criminals and the crazies.

Our founding fathers specifically wrote in the 2nd amendment "shall not be infringed" which means "so as to limit or undermine (something) encroached on". When written the people possessed the identical firearms as the military. No one can argue that is the current case, nor with the wording can one argue that any limits were intended. And forget trying to assert the founding fathers were either incapable or to stupid to conceive that fire arms would evolve and become even more deadly. Once you place limits the intent of the 2nd amendment is violated.

Just stop going after my constitutional right and those of the 100 million law abiding gun owners because of a few lunatics or felons....

TRY going after them!

"It took 489 people to be shot in one day for bump stocks to become outlawed."
Congratulations but it didn't solve the problem either, but you feel better because they did something no matter how feckless.

If you were really concerned about that you would quit voting for people that want to give every last tax dollar to the military. You are arming your potential enemy with the best money can buy.

Try again.
Not a worry because 1/2 or more would support the constitution and they would have the support of 16 million licensed hunters all of which are snipers. The odds are on the side of those supporting the 2nd amendment.

Reactions: RogueAggie

Try again.

1) no politician has ever proposed this to my knowledge.
2) a strong military basically keeps us out of wars unless we decide there’s going to be a war.
3) most military people vote like I do.
4) most all military people I’ve known own guns.

Reactions: RogueAggie
"It took 489 people to be shot in one day for bump stocks to become outlawed."
Congratulations but it didn't solve the problem either, but you feel better because they did something no matter how feckless.
Feckless means irresponsible. Please expand on how banning bump stocks is “feckless.” Keep in mind this was a Trump law.

Making laws when US citizens die seems like responsible government.

Last edited:
Feckless means irresponsible. Please expand on how banning bump stocks is “feckless.” Keep in mind this was a Trump law.

Making laws when US citizens die seems like responsible government.

Establishing and enforcing meaningful laws is responsible government.

The present government doesn’t enforce existing laws. Therefore, it is irresponsible.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in a case about whether law enforcement officers can enter people’s home and confiscate guns without a warrant

“All we want are your high cap mags and bump stocks”

for the record, I don’t own any rifles or pistols...nothing that is considered an “assault” weapon...yet. But I am 100% sure this will not stop with assault weapons.

1st Amendment has been gutted and negated.
2nd Amendment is under assault and is the prime target.
4th Amendment may be on the verge of being gutted and negated by the Supreme Court.
5th Amendment will be meaningless
6th Amendment - Speedy trial and public, in front of an impartial jury? Informed of your criminal charges (that are being made up and written as you go)?
7th Amendment - Right to trial by jury? doubtful, the left would not risk that.
8th Amendment - Excessive Bail - turn drug dealers, rapists and illegals aliens loose with minimal bail. You have a semi-automatic weapon to protect your family - $5MM?
10th Amendment - States Rights? - Only applies to Blue states running of elections.

Last edited:
For those who are non-believers, what I say below is easily dismissed.

But I believe.

Our nation sits upon a three legged stool.

Supported by the three legs:

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Religion
Right to Keep and Bear Arms

You take away any one of the three, and you lose the other two.

We are on the verge.

Last edited:

Try again.

And if you were really concerned about the fate of the country, you wouldn’t have voted this man as the leader of the free world:

Bonus LOL at checking his notes for who gets to ask what question.

The whole thing was scripted and choreographed. Pathetic. Not one interruption and not one check on any of his flat out lies

Just take all the things people did and said about Trump and they don't begin to describe the sham going on in DC now!

Reactions: texasguyto
What happened? I didn’t see it. Boulder shooting was just a few days ago. Why do you watch that stuff if it just makes your blood boil?

For the most part, it was choreographed about the way I thought it would be.

But I do think that if Kristen Welker comes back with follow-up questions and pressures Biden like she did today, she will find herself out of a job.

I didn’t see it. Is the issue the president prepared for a press conference? Surely not.
The issue is it was completely scripted. From the questions asked to answers given. No challenges to any statements he made. It was completely BS. Pretty much like his campaign. No real questions that he didn’t know what was coming. It was all a script and the main actor is terrible at best and seriously losing his mind in all probability. He got lost in the middle of a statement and the press just moved on no big deal

The issue is it was completely scripted. From the questions asked to answers given. No challenges to any statements he made. It was completely BS. Pretty much like his campaign. No real questions that he didn’t know what was coming. It was all a script and the main actor is terrible at best and seriously losing his mind in all probability. He got lost in the middle of a statement and the press just moved on no big deal
Yea , the brain fart in the middle of a point he was trying to drive home was worthy of Saturday night live.
What’s even more amazing is the people that either don’t see his dementia or don’t care.

Reactions: BDB99
Who is actually running and in charge of the Country? There is no way its Biden. We are living in a clown world.

Reactions: darterbury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT