ADVERTISEMENT

$27 Million

h273

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Fort Worth
MINNEAPOLIS—The Minneapolis City Council unanimously approved a $27 million settlement with the family of George Floyd, whose death in police custody last year sparked a summer of unrest and a racial reckoning over law-enforcement’s treatment of Black suspects.

The settlement stems from a federal civil rights lawsuit filed by the family against the city and the four police officers charged with various counts of murder or aiding and abetting murder in the death of Mr. Floyd, who was under arrest for allegedly passing a forged $20 bill.

kinda hoping Minneapolis turns into another Portland if it is not already

Reactions: tdogdfw
kinda hoping Minneapolis turns into another Portland if it is not already
Why? I assume this means you want bad things to happen given what I assume you think Portland is.

I've been traveling to Minneapolis for about 10 years regularly for work. Other than insanely cold, it's a great place full of nice people. Super clean, pretty and lots of really good restaurants. Do you wish ill on all cities where an individual police officer murders someone?

Why? I assume this means you want bad things to happen given what I assume you think Portland is.

I've been traveling to Minneapolis for about 10 years regularly for work. Other than insanely cold, it's a great place full of nice people. Super clean, pretty and lots of really good restaurants. Do you wish ill on all cities where an individual police officer murders someone?

good lord dude. Let the process play out.

if the jury convicts the cop of murder then we can call him a murderer. If not guilty then he is not guilty. I can live with that. Can you?

good lord dude. Let the process play out.

if the jury convicts the cop of murder then we can call him a murderer. If not guilty then he is not guilty. I can live with that. Can you?

My point was why the hate on Minneapolis. Change murders to kills. Weirdo.

Just anther reason to reform all police departments because that money comes out of tax payers pockets. It doesn't affect the bottom line of the cops in any way. All because they can't do their jobs without killing unarmed people.

You start taking these settlements out of the police retirement funds and the good officers will start working to get the POS bad officers out of the department instead of the BACK THE BLUE mentality they have now.

Have you been lately?

Reactions: boone8466
Have you been lately?
i

Funny. I"ve been traveling to Chicago for years. People ask me about the nice bars and restaurants.

Most of our customers are in middle-class neighborhoods, and to get to them you sometimes drive through the worst neighborhoods you can imagine. So when somebody says a city is beautiful and friendly, you need to ask which side of the city they were in.

rDVrZ5D-_aF-ZrwqlUQzRa3aCt-0OQH9t6k2KaymG9zkBtoeHqxPfWaBv8vG1PrnQUwVAog4BJHx7Rn1remLq_ALKMfq0YNqq4oJX64_eNjF83OI6cvbKENB0lvqWg_X8IanC4Ws0rj9AZ751ig7_Q5_fR4F7pCuk0QLxiq_nfRKl1ucZ3v6JkxiBPWfEKhVhg9q-x-thAKh72gevrisKunMLbIf9St1n3YXKsGI50P7ZLp90CfV0uUFVii7oIEOh_qSmwk3UF_sASeaVHWc_t5U0dZ-PTs6lZKp4ZDJ8o43OmIOZ6Ez0BjHY5O9HCtYQ2kAwYPTNJPwS_NCRc1EGp4KWuLTFdGOxr78RYWBwbmvpujh0nYaJ2xO_Jxv5xFjSF831jC6jtTsH5rrAipV9L43OjLkdy_nkC-vGg9YRRIuBz9NwUdYOEu1IuJ7k624NDZ3pCvsTy8XzzKgQQCDw_tQeESjxPli89WWB1iI6TG6nY5HCpQgLt48XAvzks3cF40KBwCbRXGnO_btn2Qutb1quE8mO1GMNQc73XXUbE6RnlZVJxa1-JF-LsuMNmuiPsz3YFX552HxXFicBklRBj2ct8lOEAW7Fz6KjusTn4J2UQlozJZGeDmg9389zUod0qd77pbVCZzhcOqX0xWy_edUQ8FFdrO8A4Y8KuCWIknWhhq1eEipX9ERJzuZ1iPexzvjBFkexLAuT3j7UzT_0iY=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

The man was no Rosa parks or MLK. - I will juge him by the content of his charector which was not good.
The same way I will judge the Police Office involved. Neither of them deserve any award of valor nor should they be looked up to or celebreated.

Reactions: wick and ITS BK
Just anther reason to reform all police departments because that money comes out of tax payers pockets. It doesn't affect the bottom line of the cops in any way. All because they can't do their jobs without killing unarmed people.

You start taking these settlements out of the police retirement funds and the good officers will start working to get the POS bad officers out of the department instead of the BACK THE BLUE mentality they have now.
It disgusts me the way you talk about “the cops.” There are a few bad people in every profession with so many people. I “BACK THE BLUE,”. They protect and serve us every day. That includes political fools like you. They should take that money out of your retirement. That would make as much sense as taking it from 99% of the cops that just want to do their job and protect my family and even yours though you badmouth them and don’t appreciate the outstanding job they do.

Dude - the cop didn't murder anyone. George Floyd had LETHAL doses of drugs in his system. Minneapolis police training tell them to use their knee on the neck to restrain a person. Terrible what happened, but don't convict the officer before all the facts are told.

Dude - the cop didn't murder anyone. George Floyd had LETHAL doses of drugs in his system. Minneapolis police training tell them to use their knee on the neck to restrain a person. Terrible what happened, but don't convict the officer before all the facts are told.
Be careful, you are disputing the talking points and that might get you canceled or even worse labeled a domestic terrorist.

Are you aware of the amount of drugs in Floyd’s system? Does that matter to you?
Do you believe people that take drugs deserve to die or is your argument that potentially he died because of the drugs at the exact same time he happened to have someone on his neck and him moaning “I can’t breath”?

Murder is murder regardless of the verdict.
Why is he guilty? The poor soul had lethal levels of drugs in his system and the officer was taught to deliver that type of restraint. It sucks - I get it.... but should he be put to death for something he was taught to do? Yes, I agree that a different response was probably in order... but this isn't black and white - no pun intended.

Reactions: boone8466
Do you believe people that take drugs deserve to die or is your argument that potentially he died because of the drugs at the exact same time he happened to have someone on his neck and him moaning “I can’t breath”?
He was moaning he couldn't breathe when he was sitting in the car with simple handcuffs on. I get it - the narrative is terrible. But I don't think this is as simple as you are viewing it.

Ask the pregnant woman he held and ask her what she thinks. He was a methhead pos

Reactions: Aggdaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT