ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama DB commit Tony Mitchell covers SEC visits, sets Texas A&M official

Mitchell covers his visits to Alabama and Auburn, talks about relationship with A&M before set Dec. OV.

Marks Tidbits on a new OC. Hope.

I am just going to keep rereading this post by Mark. It’s the only hope I have right now.

What you've all been waiting for...

I'm still not going to get really exact with who A&M is targeting for their offensive coordinator job, but I'll give you a few names that generated some interest. You all can debate whether you think they're respectable candidates.
Some of the names I've heard bandied about include North Carolina's Phil Longo, who was the OC for Sam Houston's explosive offenses before heading over to do the same and Ole Miss;
Baylor's Jeff Grimes, who was the O-line coach and running game coordinator for LSU before going to BYU and making that offense explosive. He runs a multiple-formation offense that only runs a handful of plays, but does it out of different looks.
TCU's Garrett Riley, one of the younger guys on this list and a former Texas Tech player (class of 2012). Riley helped Sonny Dykes get SMU's offense going after success at App State under Eli Drinkwitz, and now he's had immediate success with the Horned Frogs.
Incarnate Word's Mark Leftwich, who played QB at UTEP from 2013-15 and took over a high-flying offense this year. They haven't skipped a beat, scoring no less than 35 points in any of their games this year. The Cardinals are 9-1.
Wake Forest's Warren Ruggiero. He's been at Wake since 2014, which means Jimbo is familiar with him. He's done a fantastic job the past several seasons, maximizing the talent's he's got.
Aaron Roderick at BYU. They were 17th in total offense last year and, at 49, he's not too young or too old.
Reactions: txag1979 and h273

PFF scores

Moose Muhammad, 89.1

Devon Achane, 80.4

Donovan Green, 75.7

Layden Robinson, 76er 2.4

Earnest Crownoever, 69.9

Evan Stewart, 69.6

Conner Weigman, 68.8

Devin Price, 67.7

Amari Daniels, 66.9

Deuce Fatheree, 60.2

Le’Veon Moss, 57.5

Jalen Preston, 56.9

Kam Dewberry, 56.4

Noah Thomas, 54.5

Trey Zuhn, 53.6

Matthew Wykoff, 52.6

Jake Johnson, 50.2

Demani Richardson, 75.4

Enai White, 75.3

Bryce Anderson, 71.2

Antonio Johnson, 69.4

Isaiah Raikes, 69.2

Albert Regis, 68.2

Walter Nolen, 66.2

Shemar Turner, 65.3

LT Overton, 63.8

Jardin Gilbert, 60.1

Tyreek Chappell, 59.4

McKinnley Jackson, 59.1

Jaylon Jones, 54.5

Shemar Stewart, 49.9

Chris Russell, 49.9

Andre White, 49.6

Malick Sylla, 48.8

Edgerrin Cooper, 42.5

Martrell Harris, 35.9

I have thought that, as a matter of course, these guys are brutal on linebackers. All the same, these scores are bad.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT