ADVERTISEMENT

Where do we go from here?

CI people are pessimistic by nature. It's a hazard of the career. The App State game did not give me cause to be optimistic for the 2022 football season going forward. Injuries, inexperience, Coaching miscues (or just flat bad coaching/player development), projects a disappointing finish to this season that has barely started. I truly pray the Ags Coaching Staff and the players get it together and finish strong. So, in anticipation of board disagreement, here's how the rest of the schedule might unfold:

Miami Bad loss at home. But a win would save a lot of face after last week.

Arkansas Likely loss. Again, a win could indicate the ship may not sink.

MS State 50/50 Has Durkin figured out a pass rush that flattens the QB.

@Alabama Bad loss on the road.

South Carolina 50/50. SC hasn't beaten A&M since this manufactured "rivalry" began, but this could be the year.

Ole MIss 50/50 Will depend on how high the injuries and losses have piled up at this point.

Florida 50/50 Will depend on which team has their act together at this point in the season.

@Auburn 50/50 Auburn may be in the same sinking boat as A&M by this point in their season.

UMass Likely win

LSU 50/50 Brian Kelly (if still coaching) may have the Tigers in shape for the season finale.

Best possible outcome: 8-4, a repeat of last year. Bowl game TBD.

Worst possible outcome: 2-10. Probably won't be this bad, but it could be.

Two under the radar observations from LSU game

Two random thoughts / observations from being at the game - under the radar thoughts
1) we run the ball very very well when crownover is in at fullback - I saw only one run ( inside the 5) that’s wasn’t a successful running play when he was leading the way

2)we all know game was heading as a repeat of florida and old miss until the scoop and score -
But what no one mentioned was the play before the scoop and score - it appeared to be a big run from LSU until our tackle ( think it was Jackson ) chased the rb down like a bat out of hell and set up the third and one - without the hustle we never get a chance for the scoop and score

Maybe the announcers called it out - I was at the game and didn’t hear
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT