ADVERTISEMENT

Random personal cool thing re Astros playoff opponents

This summer I visited 7 stadiums: Minute Maid, Globe Life (Rangers), T-Mobile (Seattle), Truist (Atlanta), Citizens Bank (Philly), Citi (Mets), & Yankee.

I have visited every stadium the Astros will play in during the playoffs. Not intentional but welcome.

Of the 3, I think the Phillies' stadium is the best followed by Seattle. Of the fans, it's Yanks then Phils then Seattle. Of the view, it's easily Seattle then Yanks and Phils are tied.

What happens to NIL deals when you are throw off the team?

You were paid for you Name, Image, and Likeness.

Is there a morals clause? Your name is shit around here. If I was a sponsor, I might consider legal action to get it back. Maybe that's a bad precedent? Maybe that sends a negative signal, something for the media and opposing coaches to use against us?

Surely these idiots have to know that if they try to rally a mutiny that bad things will follow them? Are we so desperate in college football that we will take a kid that flaunts his privilege by openly violating rules and abandoning their teammates?

Strange times.

fantasy football trade advice

So, the guy leading my high dollar league pretty much lost all his rb's to injury. so he is trying to pick up some and offered me the following trade:

I get Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks, he gets Kenneth Walker and Christian Kirk.

I looked online at trade analyzers, and some say I should do it, and others say i shouldn't. Plus, i would be helping him out, and may cause me to lose the league. What should I do?

I truly believe that Jimbo is at a loss to explain why this team is playing so poorly.

Either that or he is just giving "positive" coach speak at the press conferences. The pressure is showing on his face, and body language. He knows what's at stake. He knows that other teams are tampering with his top talent, and that he could lose all credibility with recruits. He knows that he could lose the locker room if things don't get better. The one thing that spoke well of the team is the way they fought back to make it a game. I have to give jimbo credit in how he kicked the FG at the end then went for the Onside kick. Those things give the players confidence. Otherwise, this is a sh.. show of a season. The crappy showing after a bye week is really playing on all the national media.

Just One Guys Opinion

I’ve always believed it takes a certain type of player to win a national championship in football.

A guy that just loves the contact and the somewhat controlled violence that is football.

I also believe these young men are modern day gladiators and are always looking for that next thrill on and off the field.

I can’t even image what a coaching staff at the college level has to deal with day in and day out just to keep eighty plus kids basically alive, or at least out of jail.

No matter what anyone thinks If A&M is going to suspend players for smoking pot in the locker room and your peers aren’t kicking guys off their teams for hitting women on camera you’re not all in.

And if anyone thinks A&M has the only players smoking pot in football facilities I think you’re kidding yourself…. A&M seems to be the only team sitting players for doing it when they are the last team that can afford it.

Galvanize Team

I'm a 1/2 full type of person; Could these suspensions galvanize and re-focus the team- the "who is in this with me" attitute and get rid of player not invested- we might see the most inspired play of the season- Did any of the suspended players contribute at all in the USC game?

And we're off...with the bad PR.

No such thing as bad PR....except in this case.

Texas A&M Is A Complete And Total Dumpster Fire As Players Are Suspended For Using Drugs In Locker Room​

It’s been an absolute trainwreck of a season for the Texas A&M Aggies. They are 3-4 on the season and tied for last in the SEC West with a 1-3 conference record. And, they’ve embarrassed themselves off the field, too Their loss to lowly South Carolina on Saturday was especially humiliating, as they fell behind 17-0 early and never recovered.

That’s a lot of losses for a recruiting class they allegedly paid millions and millions of NIL dollars for. And now, more embarrassing news is surfacing.

Some Star Texas A&M Recruits Are Getting Suspended For Smoking Marijuana In The Locker Room, According To Reports

Reports broke late Monday evening on Twitter that some Aggies players would be suspended.

Rumors started that it was due to some of the recruits of the star-studded freshman class trying to convince others to transfer.

But, it became quite clear it was due to the players smoking marijuana, allegedly in the locker room.

The players alleged to be involved are some pretty big names, and all were top 100 recruits in America.

The fourth is rumored to be Anthony Lucas.

It is hilarious that this is happening to the most morally bankrupt staff and program in America. They went out and straight up bought recruits, then head coach Jimbo Fisher chastised anyone who suggested they did what they clearly did. Now, these young players have no attachment to aTm other than the NIL money, and this is what you get. After all, who wants to spend four years in College Station, Texas?

Anyways, a program who has never won anything in the modern era of college football will continue to underachieve. Jimbo better get it together, or he will go down as one of the biggest failed hires ever.

Login to view embedded media

Lack of Leadership

I was going to post this before reading Mark's breaking news when I got up to pee at 2:00. Then I thought, "Maybe I shouldn't pile on." But...

Outside of scheme and coaching style, I'll leave that to others, the elephant in the room is lack of upper class leaders taking hold of the locker room and getting people's minds right.

Would Kenyon Green, Demarvin Leal, Wydermeyer, or Leon O'Neil let it get this far?

We don't have anyone. I would say Anias Smith. I would hope Demani Richardson.

The only hope for this team is that this causes some younger guys to step up and lay down the law. I've heard, and pray it's true, that Evan Stewart is somebody that is taking over. McKinley Jackson? AJ Johnson? Edgrin Cooper? The new DB's seeing playing time? Fadil Diggs! Walter Nolan.

We are in dangerous times when you give a kid that comes from poverty more money than they ever dreamed of holding, when they don't have the life tools to manage themselves or their money. Maybe losing it, will knock some sense into the others? Not sure how that works.

I hope we hear about a team meeting, without the coaches, and see who will step up and take over.

It's a bad formula: $$$ / Immaturity and lack of life skills / no self governing.

This must be Jimbo's teaching moment. Hope he is up to it.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT