ADVERTISEMENT

Your Dream Job

Money is no object and you have no financial responsibilities aside from an average rent or mortgage. What would you do and how many of you are doing it now?

If you aren’t doing it now, how close are you?

I’d own a small 20-30 seat diner cooking one meal a night and serve it family style. Currently work in consulting on the compensation and benefits side of the corporate world so I’m a world away.

I expect lots of hunting/fishing guides too.

Question About Transfer Portal

What are the rules about the TP? Can coaches/other players contact current players with offers or do the players have to initiate contact? How is this controlled? For example if a coach asked a player on the sly to contact a player from another school to gauge interest how would anyone know this is a violation? Are there any players we need to be worried about who aren’t playing QB?
Reactions: Joel'78

Breaking down the last play

This is impossible to do on a phone, so I'm back in the office today. Let's break it down, shall we?

Ok, so first of all, you have to know that Jimbo's brand of football is THIS. He wants every single game to come down to the last drive/play. He lives for it, loves it. It's like every game is a high school epic movie.

But, on the play, this is what I see...I see that he has a QB that he was ready to move along from two weeks ago for good but who he now has to use as his dude. This QB has all the smarts in the world, but he can't execute. He can think it, but he can't do it. So, the play he calls is for ONE read, and it will require incredible accuracy and immediate timing in one spot that's completely indefensible by even the best defense ever.

That one spot is the short side of the field on the goal line shadowing the pylon with his best receiver maybe ever.

Pic #1: Seven in the box, four wide, man coverage. Someone is a spy, someone is dropping back into zone, and one of those linebackers is going to either disrupt the throwing lane or come free on a blitz.

570kr0W.png

Haynes can see what they are giving him, and he's already made his read. It's going to Stewart. Everyone knows it, but the thing is that if it's executed correctly, there's nothing they can do to stop it. Snap, quick bullet throw, catch on the goalline, glory. Calzada would have made this throw, by the way.

Pic #2: Confirms the play, confirms Achane to stay right on his shadow and don't let anyone near his stupid rainbow arm.

pdl8y7e.png

Pic #3: Here's the cheater code, by the way.

wTL2acn.png

Defense needs to push uphill as fast as they can, clog the middle of the field and make Haynes make a dumb throw. OR, have him panic and scramble to the left, where he will be cradled in the soft arms of the zone defender who is dropping back into zone as the spy.

Pic #4: Play starts and King already has decided where he's going.

PdYYFx6.png

Inexplicably, though, he takes a 3 yard drop back to the 10 instead of putting that ball like a laser where it needs to go so that Stewart just needs to turn around to glory and a waterfall of pussy.

Notes:

-Moose is going to sit right underneath in the middle. 13 is digs underneath and runs to the middle of the endzone, but he's covered by the back safety. Lane is on the bottom running a fade to the corner, which does nothing but make this a 10v10 play.

-Disruptor LB gets up near the passing lane, but oddly enough stops short. Maybe he wasn't expecting Haynes to drop back so gawdamned far.

-Zone defender plays this perfectly...drops out and then falls into the big side of the field where he will destroy QB if he tries to break for it.

-Also, the backside S that is covering up the backside of Stewart just in case is out of this play completely. This is 10v9 now, but it's on the short side of the field, so it's inconsequential.

Snap the ball, fire the ball, win the game.

BUT....he sees that linebacker sneaking into the passing lane and he hesitates. Stepped back into a five-step, three yard drop, and by that time the entire play is blown up.

Pic #5: He who hesitates masturbates

PAI8syJ.png

It's right there, but it's 1 second too late. Snap the ball, turn immediately, don't try to look anything off like you have a full field in front of you, just gun the ball into it's spot. Nope. He waited for it, and then after doing a full arms length Curly Howard windmill wind-up has zero chance of making this work.

Pic #6: Abject failure

vxJVPJY.png

Safety is beaten, so QB has a clear throwing lane because that LB didn't press up into it. But he did his job and made Haynes piss his panties so it doesn't matter where he is standing.

He threw that ball like a trebuchet. Make a cartoon bomb whistle sound watching this and you'll giggle a bit at it.

But here's what will drive you crazy...Let's just say that he recognized that he screwed up and didn't hit his timing so it's over...if he had the ability to react and scramble, he's got a pancake on the left end, and the spy is on the 2 waiting for him. Everyone else is tied up.

If Moose, who jammed the defender and sits down, turned and brokright down the sideline, then Haynes could have run into the open space to draw his defender in and let Moose run free and he's got an open WIDE side of the field.

Pic #7: Look

x0e62II.png

There's no one over there. It's easy for me to say because I'm just a dude at his desk on Monday, but watch the presnap and look how nervous King is. He's not JFF in the first place, but he froze up and didn't make his pass. Moose didn't do anything but just look.

I think it's not the best call ever, but frankly it's not a bad call. Jimbo is trying to give this guy who is smart but overmatched a way to win no matter what IF he executes but he didn't and therefore we lost.

Good game, but not a gamesman.

Isn't It Still Illegal.........

....to hire illegals? I believe we still have to document legal status before we hire anyone and there are steep fines if we do hire an illegal.

Jimbo’s Post Game Press Conference

First off I’d like to congratulate ——————

They did the things they had to do to win the game…
They competed well at critical times in the game.

Offense didn’t finish off drives…we missed a field goal but we made 4.

We didn’t make the plays we needed to make…
We had a chance but dropped the ball…

We need to finish drives in the red zone…Some of our young guys didn’t get the signal and we had to call 2 time outs…

QB let the shot clock run out one time….Offensive line couldn’t get lined up and had to use a timeout…

There’s a lot of good still here and we still have a chance to be a good football team….It’s been done around here before with this kind of start…

Got to line up and go play next week don’t hang your head…Questions?

FSU Head Coach Jimbo Fisher’s post game PC 9/23/17 after losing to NC State ….Sound familiar?

Looking for an Aggie gift?

An Ag buddy of mine started a business manufacturing and selling custom ice cube trays and inserts. He has dozens of insert options, including the Aggie bundle below. Just in time for the holiday season.

AggieLifestyleShot-2_1800x1800.jpg

O-Line Problems

Multiple people on both of the other sites are saying every starting O-lineman but Fatheree is out right now. Foster might be out for the season (no clue on injury), Robinson re-hurt his ankle, Zuhn still hasn't passed concussion protocol and we all know about Moko. Good times!!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT