ADVERTISEMENT

• Poll
Ok, I'll ask it...

What are the most significant impactful changes that have to made to our program?

• Change the OC

Votes: 141 75.4%
  • Change the DC

Votes: 34 18.2%
  • Change the O Line Coach

Votes: 61 32.6%
  • Retain/Recruit/Portal In & Out "Better" Players (and less issues)

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Completely overhaul the culture (likely to take more time)

Votes: 22 11.8%

Most of us here think significant changes have to made to get our ship from sinking farther into the doldrums and begin turning this mess in the right direction. I think many of us agree getting rid of Jimbo is likely unattainable so I left it off my possibles. I also believe none of this can be done until after the season. My question is what are the Most significant changes that have to be made? We have a host of serious issues so I've made the poll a top two. Even with that, I found it very hard to choose. If you had asked me three weeks ago, my answer would have been different.

I went with Offensive Line and Defensive Coordinator. I can't remember a Championship team who didn't have at least an average O Line. Addazio has been an epic retread fail. I do think Jimbo will hire an OC. Still, if that coach doesn't have a decent line to work with, all the fancy schemes in the world won't make a hill of beans. The "specialness" of a few skill players, particularly Achane, has bailed the line a few times this year, but we can't build an offense around that, as we have seen.

I was a fan of the Durkin hire, but he just doesn't seem to have been able to blend the talent with his schemes (and far too many 3 man fronts). Is it too many toys as opposed to what he had at Ole Miss? I don't know. What I do know is that despite the players' efforts, what I see is a defense that looks ill prepared and poorly coached. Individual units have had bright spots, but more often than not, the groups do not work in concert. We simply have to have a synchronized, collective effort to be a good defense. We don't. In my opinion, there is no opportunity to get this particular train back on the tracks without a change at the top.
Reactions: Big Smoothie

2022 A&M Football is Totally Irrelevant Nationally

A successful weekend for A&M is now:
  • Not getting humiliated
  • tu losing
  • Additional players not getting suspended
  • Predicting what players will enter the portal
  • Talking about new offensive coordinator we might hire.
Most of the national press thinks Jimbo is a “Snake Oil Salesman”. Zero respect

The following teams are more relevant than A&M
  • TCU
  • Tulane
  • Kansas State
  • Wake Forest
  • Syracuse
  • Liberty
  • UCF
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT