ADVERTISEMENT

QB roster in 2023

Looks like Conny Football is the guy going forward, so let’s look at depth for next year:

King - Probable transfer.
Johnson - Assume he sticks around.
Stowers - No clue and probably doesn’t matter.
Bost - Same as Stowers

Any QB recruits we push for in this cycle, or do we move on to 2024? Do we look for one in the portal? Can’t be an attractive landing spot for any QB worth a shit and wanting to start.

Affirmative action is about to die

Arguments today were hilarious.

Sotamayor who arguably got her SCOTUS appointment because of affirmative action didn't know the difference between de jure and de facto when she was speaking today, and even continued to say we had 'de jure segregation' in the US AFTER Justice Alito corrected her. Amazing

Harvard penalizes white students over 300 points and Asian students over 400 points on their SAT's when compared to African American applicants.

Torbush Wow.

Affirmative action is making decisions based on race which by definition is racism even if the skin colors are backwards i.e. racists towards whites and Asians.

Good riddance.

Why Am I Not As Down On Durkin As You Guys?

Last weekend was an abomination, so I got nothing for that. It was horrific.

But until Saturday I found the defense to be between average to good, with spurts of great. Things I could accept with all of the extenuating circumstances like youth and injuries. I could take encouragement from the first year coach coming in with decent coaching capital.

They seemed to me to be easily good enough to win if they weren’t on the field after every 3-down offensive possession. At worst, they were far from our biggest problem.

What am I missing here? I’ve never been a sunshine guy.

Why so many injuries ?

I know a team can have some bad luck but this is ridiculous. Is there any real reason why this team and it seems every player on it, is going down and many not playing for significant time. Could the new S&C coach be a fault? Jumbo having to much contact at practice? Never seen anything like this team and players going down.
Reactions: f2foxes2001

Why Am I Not As Down On Addazio As You Guys?

If you made me OL coach at A&M tomorrow I'm not sure how much better or worse I could make this OL. If we started back in August how much technique could I change or how much demotivation could I do to make them this much worse?

The answer is not much.

We're giving Addazio way too much credit, IMO. #1 is the 10 of 19 OL who are not playing right now that we had on the projected roster coming into this year. Some were not surprises (Kenyon, Matthews) but most were. We already had a thin exterior, but we had a deep pool of interior linemen that quickly evaporated. That's a cumulative effect across the line. That doesn't let you create chemistry together. And then continued injuries since then and lack of depth (you can blame some recruiting misses at tackle and a misguided transfer policy as well) only perpetuated that. And even now your RG and supposedly your LT are playing hurt. Not cool.

The next biggest offender? Jimbo's scheme. We've talked that to death, but when you're vanilla, don't get your QBs pre-snap reads, and have predictable play calls, they're going to tee off on you. And that's exactly what they've done. Jimbo spent the 2nd half interview at SC talking about how they need to run as they threw the ball 6 straight times right behind him (the same as they did in the first half, both against one of the worst run D's in the country).

Next? QB play. Indecision. Inaccuracy. Forcing long downs. Teeing off.

This past week they actually established the run. And then Weigman was able to make decisive throws behind it. The OL looked very good until late when we had to throw and things started coming apart. It was also one of a few consecutive weeks these guys have played together now. Funny how that all works.
Reactions: Hardcorp

Max Wright

He deserves some big time credit. I know his past has caused some undeserving criticism, but that was the past. He has made several dominating plays this season. The TD in the South Carolina was a man play. Two different play in the OM game were cluch and dominate.
He’s play like a senior should play and turning in some stats that need to be noticed.

BTW, this comes because I’m torturing myself by rewatching our last couple games .
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT