ADVERTISEMENT

What has the Taliban taken control over that is concerning?

The way I see it, the Taliban was going to take over. That was always going to be the end result. The speed in which they did it is embarrassing for all involved and it’s created a chaotic moment. Biden deserves some criticism but obviously people who didn’t want him as President are going to obviously lean on this hard. There isn’t a Trumpkin alive giving him the kind of free pass given to Trump when he gaffed

But what’s important is that we are out. It’s one of the things I agreed with Trump on and I was worried Biden wouldn’t follow through. Quite frankly, i was worried Trump wasn’t going to follow through given in 4 years he evacuated as slowly as possible.

Once this moment has passed the end result is the right one for Americans.

If they come after us again, we go back cause them pain (without doing any serious time there). If not, then we’ve moved on.
I agree it was inevitable, and agree with most of what you are saying….

But we want to be the world superpower, and right now our country and our leader look very weak. That is not a good thing for the World. China and Russia are laughing at us going in and begging the Taliban to let us extend the deadline. We sent our CIA director in there to negotiate with these guys and just left with nothing but the same deadline. We should have told them what we were going to do and if they don’t like it we will **** them up.

Much of our national security comes from projecting an image of strength, and this was the exact opposite of that.

I agree it was inevitable, and agree with most of what you are saying….

But we want to be the world superpower, and right now our country and our leader look very weak. That is not a good thing for the World. China and Russia are laughing at us going in and begging the Taliban to let us extend the deadline. We sent our CIA director in there to negotiate with these guys and just left with nothing but the same deadline. We should have told them what we were going to do and if they don’t like it we will **** them up.

Much of our national security comes from projecting an image of strength, and this was the exact opposite of that.
It doesn’t look good but no one thinks we are weak. If they do and test us, they’ll realize they made a bad mistake.

It doesn’t take much of an attack for Americans to rally around a fight/war.

We never should have trusted them to insure a safe evacuation of our people and equipment. It was a monumental catastrophe of incompetence.
This is the key point. Get out of Afghanistan, absolutely. But do it in a well thought out, orderly fashion. Get civilians out first, get visas in order and get them out, remove the $50 billion in advanced weapons, while you have control, then get the military out. Now Americans and our allies are stranded all over the country and we have to beg the Taliban for permission to sneeze. This is a catastrophe of incompetence.

It doesn’t look good but no one thinks we are weak. If they do and test us, they’ll realize they made a bad mistake.

Not so, a lot of world leaders are worried. China and/or Russia could move in there and wreak all sorts of havoc. And the overwhelming majority of stuff the Taliban has ”acquired” did not get left there by our troops but the Afghans. And it wasn’t our military who gave that stuff to them, they were ordered to. But Biden could have done one thing…keep the troops there until the Americans and whomever on the Afghan side we wanted out was out. That’s military 101. And of course the press is on Biden’s case, he deserves it. The fact that the liberal press is as horrified as Fox is should tell you something. Bush screwed up by starting a war with no exit strategy, Obama sat in his hands for 8 years, Trump set a deadline which started this whole fiasco and Joe just went along with everything. Now he’s blaming Trump and yet this Afghan withdrawal is the ONLY Trump edict Joe hasn’t overturned or modified. This is a freaking disaster and the buck stops with the current administration.

Not so, a lot of world leaders are worried. China and/or Russia could move in there and wreak all sorts of havoc. And the overwhelming majority of stuff the Taliban has ”acquired” did not get left there by our troops but the Afghans. And it wasn’t our military who gave that stuff to them, they were ordered to. But Biden could have done one thing…keep the troops there until the Americans and whomever on the Afghan side we wanted out was out. That’s military 101. And of course the press is on Biden’s case, he deserves it. The fact that the liberal press is as horrified as Fox is should tell you something. Bush screwed up by starting a war with no exit strategy, Obama sat in his hands for 8 years, Trump set a deadline which started this whole fiasco and Joe just went along with everything. Now he’s blaming Trump and yet this Afghan withdrawal is the ONLY Trump edict Joe hasn’t overturned or modified. This is a freaking disaster and the buck stops with the current administration.
It appears we're leaving with our tail between our legs. Why? It was absolutely not necessary. Yes, many world leaders have called us out, some even saying this was a betrayal. Former PM Tony Blair called our handling of it "imbecilic".

Reactions: Lukeag and FbFan222

You have much more conf
It appears we're leaving with our tail between our legs. Why? It was absolutely not necessary. Yes, many world leaders have called us out, some even saying this was a betrayal. Former PM Tony Blair called our handling of it "imbecilic".
imbecilic is peak performance for a village idiot

I'm much more concerned how weak we appear to our allies such as Taiwan and South Korea than I am long term about Afganistan.

What we did to our Afgan allies though is nothing short of evil. I don't think we get all of our citizens out either. It wouldn't surprise me to lose more Americans in this abortion than we did in 9/11.

Ask yourself... does this administration stand in the way of the Chinese Army taking over Taiwan? If not, then it's a betrayal of a decades-long pledge. I don't think there's any way in hell this administration is anything other than a joke now.

But hey, at least our military leadership has their woke ducks in a row.

If your from Tawain, your butthole just puckered up. This president is going to get rolled by the Chinese.
I could care less about Afghanistan but I do care about the Americans that this jack hole is about to leave behind. Just a complete botch job. How about you get our people and shit out before you pull the military out. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Lukeag
This is the key point. Get out of Afghanistan, absolutely. But do it in a well thought out, orderly fashion. Get civilians out first, get visas in order and get them out, remove the $50 billion in advanced weapons, while you have control, then get the military out. Now Americans and our allies are stranded all over the country and we have to beg the Taliban for permission to sneeze. This is a catastrophe of incompetence.
You would think this would be common sense but not for the current administration.

If your from Tawain, your butthole just puckered up. This president is going to get rolled by the Chinese.
I could care less about Afghanistan but I do care about the Americans that this jack hole is about to leave behind. Just a complete botch job. How about you get our people and shit out before you pull the military out. Unbelievable.

you're

couldn't

Reactions: MeatWalletMassacre
Does the taliban have people sophisticated enough to use our surveillance systems? Regardless, I'm guessing we have a way to disable it. Actually, hard to believe we didn't disable on the way out.

Chinese, Iranians, or Pakistani may offer their assistance…

a lot of confiscated gear was stuff sold to the ANA who promptly shit their pants after we left. not the super high end stuff, but nicer than what some other countries have in the region.

Nothing.

It’s a big nothing-burger after all Americans are removed safely.

No one cares about Afghanistan but this board isn’t going to let a “gotcha” moment passively go.

Even the leftist media knows this was handled like shit. Imagine being more on the hook than the MSM. Lol. You can think we should get out of there and admit this was FUBAR.

I honestly find some of these comments comical. They are allowing Americans to leave as part of the deal. There are 87K Afghans that are tied to us. They will be slaughtered. I have every C-17 mission capable in the world to get them out. It's a failure on Trump and Biden and the Pentagon on contingency planning. It's embarrasing.

Reactions: bierhaus
Nothing.

It’s a big nothing-burger after all Americans are removed safely.

No one cares about Afghanistan but this board isn’t going to let a “gotcha” moment passively go.
We should care about AFG. Our adversaries do.
america would never side with the Taliban, and rightly so.
But China will. They don’t give a shit about human rights or what the world thinks.

By and large, America tries to do the right thing even if it screws up doing it.

An interesting and logical analysis.
Why would the powers that be, want this outcome...so we can build back better.... maybe? It certainly would keep the military industrial complex churning. It creates doubt in our allies, weakens America and certainly gives the terrorist excellent propaganda.

But China will. They don’t give a shit about human rights or what the world thinks.

By and large, America tries to do the right thing even if it screws up doing it.
China isn’t going to like a terroristic country on their border.

doesn’t take long for us to grow weary of the fight and lose interest in it as well.

ending Afghanistan this way is seen by many in the ranks as a loss, and mostly because we have politicians who aren’t willing to do what’s necessary.

The way I see it, the Taliban was going to take over. That was always going to be the end result. The speed in which they did it is embarrassing for all involved and it’s created a chaotic moment. Biden deserves some criticism but obviously people who didn’t want him as President are going to obviously lean on this hard. There isn’t a Trumpkin alive giving him the kind of free pass given to Trump when he gaffed

But what’s important is that we are out. It’s one of the things I agreed with Trump on and I was worried Biden wouldn’t follow through. Quite frankly, i was worried Trump wasn’t going to follow through given in 4 years he evacuated as slowly as possible.

Once this moment has passed the end result is the right one for Americans.

If they come after us again, we go back cause them pain (without doing any serious time there). If not, then we’ve moved on.
JFC!!

doesn’t take long for us to grow weary of the fight and lose interest in it as well.

ending Afghanistan this way is seen by many in the ranks as a loss, and mostly because we have politicians who aren’t willing to do what’s necessary.
It’s been a loss for 20years. It’s never been a win.

Yep, Trump got so many free passes that his non-gaffe's got him reelected. The press never got on Trump. In fact he's doing such a fine job in his 2nd term the the guy who thinks he'e the actual president is blaming him for the current crisis.
I said he was given free passes by those people who worship him. That population got smaller as time went on as it should have.

American first!

or not anymore?

Then we should bring ALL our troops home. We've been in Japan and Germany for 80 years. Hell, we've been in Cuba 120 years. Bring them all home!
Oh so we’ve been warring over there for 80 years. You must be the smart one.

Oh so we’ve been warring over there for 80 years. You must be the smart one.
Don't be ignorant. The fighting didn't stop when the armistice was signed.
These people will keep going because they knew they just had to wait for our politicians to sell us out.
We put the fighting to rest with our resolve to finish what we started. Study history before before trying to compare brain pans with me.

Don't be ignorant. The fighting didn't stop when the armistice was signed.
These people will keep going because they knew they just had to wait for our politicians to sell us out.
We put the fighting to rest with our resolve to finish what we started. Study history before before trying to compare brain pans with me.
I was talking about Japan and Germany.

So was I. Fighting continues after "peace" is declared in nearly every major conflict. Sometimes for years.
The timeline generally depends upon the "winning" side's resolve for total victory.
Yeah I don’t see AFG having the same clout. Regardless of their minerals and poppy collection, I don’t think they have the will or government to stabilize against the one party fighting to take them over. And we saw that bear out in warp speed.

Not the same scenario as AFG needed us to hold their hand for them to exist without the Taliban.

After 20 years of training, they fell over as if they had no idea what they were doing.

Yeah I don’t see AFG having the same clout. Regardless of their minerals and poppy collection, I don’t think they have the will or government to stabilize against the one party fighting to take them over. And we saw that bear out in warp speed.

Not the same scenario as AFG needed us to hold their hand for them to exist without the Taliban.

After 20 years of training, they fell over as if they had no idea what they were doing.
Don't ever think that wasn't the plan.

If you're objective you have to think this is more than just a gaffe. It will likely go down as a colossal Biden ****-up on level with Jimmy Carter's handling of the Iran hostages. He just gave the next Republican presidential candidate a gift to make an argument for foreign policy incompetence.

If you're objective you have to think this is more than just a gaffe. It will likely go down as a colossal Biden ****-up on level with Jimmy Carter's handling of the Iran hostages. He just gave the next Republican presidential candidate a gift to make an argument for foreign policy incompetence.
Oh, we've gone waaaaaaaayyyyy past Carter level incompetence

Cheeky, don’t lump all Republicans into the “Trumpster” bucket, most of us vote for the platform, not the person. Although there are plenty that fall into that category just like the dumbass far left.

With that said, Biden has been a unmitigated disaster thus far and I’m personally rooting for him to be a success just like I do for all Presidents. America always comes first and we are not looking good right now, it can’t be sugarcoated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT