ADVERTISEMENT

Trump paying taxes

His net worth is roughly a third it was when he took office. He donates his presidential salary. Between write offs for losses and the charitable donation write-offs it's not s surprising he paid little.

And prior to that, he took advantage of the same loop holes GE and Amazon did, where was this outrage for them when they bade under 1% in taxes a year?

But Hunter sells off acces to daddy and enriches the Bidens. Joe signes NAFTA and sends millions of jobs off shore and you don't care. Some of you have very twisted senses of right and wrong and helping the working man in America.

Reactions: Ted Striker
Trump paying so little in taxes is evidence of a broken system that needs to be fixed. Not of Trump's ethical shortcomings. There is plenty of other evidence of that.

The hundreds of millions in personal debt is much more interesting.

That and paying $70,000 per year to get his hair done. True Alpha Male here.

The president you guys all think made bazillions a year paying nothing should raise some red flag.
Either he lied about the bizzions made or he lied to the IRS.
What I can’t understand is people’s unfettered love for him. I’ve got lots of criticisms for Biden. You guys think this lying cheating asshat hung the moon. If you said he’s a terrible human but I like his policies I can at least understand. But the defending everything is so weird. He’s a terrible person.
yikes.. that about covers TDS..
a few of the things you left out were:
china
mexico
russia
putin
illegal
racist
sexist
supremacist
pianist
xenophobic
homophobic
mofobic
mean
rude
orange
red (ok, you checked that box)
black
white
golden
shower
power
economy
shmonomy
dumb
stupid
fat
dictator
dick
tater
tomato
tomato
wall
quid
pro
quo
authoritarian
clueless
brainless
dickless
hopeless
heartless
sack of monkey shit.
!!!
now grab your pussy and shut up about tax avoidance, junior.

Trump filed extensions and sent in $1 Million in 2016 and $3.5 Million in 2017 It appears the $750 was additional when the final tax return was submitted.

Reactions: RINGDUNKER93
As long as the IRS is good with it why should I care? You ok with Biden enriching his family while selling the middle class out to China for the past 47 years? Which one is more repugnant?
Not accurate. he sold us out to Russia too.

Who wrote the tax code and which candidate has been in the Senate for 40 years to have a hand in that?

Reactions: dad_in_tx
I avoid taxes in every way my accountant tells me I legally can. I also think the president is a piece of shit. I also detest both parties who have given in to their extremist, most outspoken members. The whole thing is broken but if he legally avoided (not evaded) taxes then it is no big deal.

Here you have another ‘sources say’ pile of crap. Just because it’s reported to be his taxes does not make any of it true! Just get over yourself and kiss off!

we don’t freaking care! Got it?

NYT has been repeatedly proved wrong and every attempt, anonymous sources. BS this time as well. And even if he did have losses, that is part of years as a real estate developer under the current tax laws and losses/deductions allowed.

Reactions: darterbury
NYT has been repeatedly proved wrong and every attempt, anonymous sources. BS this time as well. And even if he did have losses, that is part of years as a real estate developer under the current tax laws and losses/deductions allowed.
So it’s either wrong, or it’s right and you don’t care?

So a few points, not all related. First, stop calling people retarded. I find it incredibly offensive as the father of a special needs child that your retort is to use that derogatory term.

Second, Trump and his tax professional dispute the story. So, I'm not going to get into a debate on hypotheticals about whether or not he should have paid $750 or more in a given year. In general, I get annoyed when a bunch of very successful companies don't end up paying any taxes. But this is a strawman without facts.

Third, and related to the second point, I'm only going to hold it against him if he committed tax fraud. If he complied with the law and relied on the advice of his accountants and lawyers, then no I'm not going to be upset if he ultimately paid only $750 in a given tax year. Why get worked up over someone following the law? For all I know, he took some immediate depreciation of some major asset or carried forward losses. Again, some of the largest companies in America avoid paying many if any taxes. They tell their shareholders that they're having the best year ever and the IRS that they didn't make any money. That's what the law allows.

Last edited:
So a few points, not all related. First, stop calling people retarded. I find it incredibly offensive as the father of a special needs child that you're retort is to use that derogatory term.

Second, Trump and his tax professional dispute the story. So, I'm not going to get into a debate on hypotheticals about whether or not he should have paid $750 or more in a given year. In general, I get annoyed when a bunch of very successful companies don't end up paying any taxes. But this is a strawman without facts.

Third, and related to the second point, I'm only going to hold it against him if he committed tax fraud. If he complied with the law and relied on the advice of his accountants and lawyers, then no I'm not going to be upset if he ultimately paid only $750 in a given tax year. Why get worked up over someone following the law? For all I know, he took some immediate depreciation of some major asset or carried forward losses. Again, some of the largest companies in America avoid paying many if any taxes. They tell their shareholders that they're having the best year ever and the IRS that they didn't make any money. That's what the law allows.
ty!

Oh no, Biden avoided paying taxes too, Can't vote for him either based on the left's statements. What can we do?

Oh no, Biden avoided paying taxes too, Can't vote for him either based on the left's statements. What can we do?

I think I'm supposed to look at this and either question the source of the allegations or pass on it because Biden isn't our President......

Correct. That’s how scary your party has become.
You know, despite our differences, I always felt like you had a good heart, albeit misguided.

I don’t think that anymore. I hope you come to see how terrible this sentiment is.

Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do.

So discredit the source of objective information. You definitely are a trumpkin.
The same NYT publishing a story about a BLM protest and then someone driving their car into a group of protesters. Sounds horrific! They just fail to report that it was a BLM organizer driving the car into a group of Trump supporter protesters. Yeah, that objective information.

Reactions: BDB99
Please show where Trump has cheated on taxes. He gets audited EVERY year. So IRS just looks the other way all these years?
He is under investigation in NY state for improperly representing income from his businesses. His charity was shut down for improperly funneling payments through it and he has been barred from ever operating a charitable organization because of it, and he had to pay a huge fine for cheating veterans through the organization.

On a non tax note, Trump University was successfully sued for cheating everyone who signed up for it.

There’s also several examples in this most recent story, I suggest you read it carefully.

Just say you’re cool with the president avoiding taxes. It’s weird how you guys can’t just say you’re ok with objective things. The blind support is crazy. You can say I like all his policies and I will vote for him, but I don’t care much for this thing.
Again, where is the proof he cheated on taxes? You are just making unsubstantiated claims again.

Its inevitable these days that the day before the presidential debate or other event the left-wing nut job MSM puts out some wild assed defamation story. 2016 playbook all over again.

He is under investigation in NY state for improperly representing income from his businesses. His charity was shut down for improperly funneling payments through it and he has been barred from ever operating a charitable organization because of it, and he had to pay a huge fine for cheating veterans through the organization.

On a non tax note, Trump University was successfully sued for cheating everyone who signed up for it.

There’s also several examples in this most recent story, I suggest you read it carefully.
Yet we get accused of whataboutisms. Where in your response did you cite proof of his cheating on taxes? Under investigation in NY? That attorney general is in lock step with the far left wing nut jobs and will do anything to try and disparage Trump.....true or not. Just like Russian hoax and everything else Trump has been investigated about and it turns up not true.

Here’s the thing that not being discussed as well: this story illustrates very well what a bad businessman he is. A big reason he’s able to not pay taxes is because of how many losses he’s taken. Additionally, he has 100s of millions of loans coming due that he has no visible means of being able to pay.

The president you guys all think made bazillions a year paying nothing should raise some red flag.

Either he lied about the bizzions made or he lied to the IRS.

What I can’t understand is people’s unfettered love for him. I’ve got lots of criticisms for Biden. You guys think this lying cheating asshat hung the moon. If you said he’s a terrible human but I like his policies I can at least understand. But the defending everything is so weird. He’s a terrible person.
So you are saying you do not trust the IRS to do their job? If anything I am more suspicious of them being too aggressive in general.

Yet we get accused of whataboutisms. Where in your response did you cite proof of his cheating on taxes? Under investigation in NY? That attorney general is in lock step with the far left wing nut jobs and will do anything to try and disparage Trump.....true or not. Just like Russian hoax and everything else Trump has been investigated about and it turns up not true.
The charity was a tax thing. He definitely cheated there, and y’all don’t give a good goddamn. How does Trump’s ass taste, bc you’ve obviously got your tongue way up there.

yikes.. that about covers TDS..
a few of the things you left out were:
china
mexico
russia
putin
illegal
racist
sexist
supremacist
pianist
xenophobic
homophobic
mofobic
mean
rude
orange
red (ok, you checked that box)
black
white
golden
shower
power
economy
shmonomy
dumb
stupid
fat
dictator
dick
tater
tomato
tomato
wall
quid
pro
quo
authoritarian
clueless
brainless
dickless
hopeless
heartless
sack of monkey shit.
!!!
now grab your pussy and shut up about tax avoidance, junior.
I really liked "tater".

Reactions: 2th_doc
Below is what I found on a quick search about the charity issue, which I wasn't familiar with. In sum, the money went to charity, but the allegation is that it wasn't properly handled because the campaign was involved. In the end, it was a civil suit and settled out of court.

"But [Judge] Scarpulla reasoned that Trump had agreed to dissolve the foundation, and the money raised at the Des Moines event did eventually reach charitable organizations tied to veterans, even though that was done at the campaign's behest. "

Again, where is the proof he cheated on taxes? You are just making unsubstantiated claims again.

Its inevitable these days that the day before the presidential debate or other event the left-wing nut job MSM puts out some wild assed defamation story. 2016 playbook all over again.

Here’s the thing that not being discussed as well: this story illustrates very well what a bad businessman he is. A big reason he’s able to not pay taxes is because of how many losses he’s taken. Additionally, he has 100s of millions of loans coming due that he has no visible means of being able to pay.
Amazon has also been really bad at business. Hard to believe they've survived. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/04/ama...come-taxes-for-the-first-time-since-2016.html (noting they've had at least two years without any taxes paid).

Reactions: darterbury
I'm not sure why I even bother dealing with these things that a group of people just throw out. They quote whatever they see on Maddow, Lemon or various Twitter accounts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT