ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M anthropology professor, triggered by former first lady Michelle

I guess even PhD professors aren't very good at grammar, spelling, syntax or even rational thought. Guy is full of hatred and yet he's probably being paid six figures to sit around and pontificate to the next generation of leaders.

This write up is even more colorful because he provided a comment to the reporter: https://campusreform.org/?id=15453

This guy should be fired immediately for being too stupid to know better. You have free speech in this country but that doesn't mean there are no ramifications. We see this everyday when people do stupid shit on social media. This should be no different regardless of your political beliefs.

I guess even PhD professors aren't very good at grammar, spelling, syntax or even rational thought. Guy is full of hatred and yet he's probably being paid six figures to sit around and pontificate to the next generation of leaders.

This write up is even more colorful because he provided a comment to the reporter: https://campusreform.org/?id=15453
A complete lunatic.

This guy should be fired immediately for being too stupid to know better. You have free speech in this country but that doesn't mean there are no ramifications. We see this everyday when people do stupid shit on social media. This should be no different regardless of your political beliefs.
Agree completely. And in regards to his comments on Marx....quite amazing He states that with a part of the Berlin Wall sitting just outside his office on the grounds of the Bush Library...and the great man presiding as our executive leader during the time The Berlin Wall fell lays 6 feet deep in the grounds less than 200 yards away.

Would be truly remarkable if the University chose not to take action.

This is the same guy. Probably pissed because of all that education and still only makes $50K a year.

https://openpayrolls.com/luis-c-vieira-de-castro-64823513

Yes that is much worse. The left can get away with this because most of college administrations are also lefties too. Texas A&M's President needs to come out and make a statement about how this will not be tolerated at A&M. This wasn't a hoax like the fake hate crime was.

I don't really care that the guy is a lunatic on his FB page. Lots of those (though I wonder if FB applies whatever speech policies to his speech in the same manner they do against others). But per the student reviews, he's spewing the same stuff in class. To me, that's the basis to discipline him. He's not there to pass along his version of the world. Whatever subject he teaches, he should teach it, shut up and then go home and post on his FB page.

$50k? Is that right? We pay like crap - but, in this case, we over paid for this twit!

$50k? Is that right? We pay like crap - but, in this case, we over paid for this twit!

As a state agency the salaries are public record and you just have to look for it. Anthropology professors, especially those without tenure (designated by the "associate professor" title" don't get paid that well. To get to 6-figures you've got to be tenured.

Reactions: TXAggie93
Yes for anthropology professors and humanities professors do not make much money because their isn't much of a demand for them. Now engineering professor can make a lot of money plus research grants.

Reactions: cstanfld
As a state agency the salaries are public record and you just have to look for it. Anthropology professors, especially those without tenure (designated by the "associate professor" title" don't get paid that well. To get to 6-figures you've got to be tenured.
Oh he’s not even tenured. Yikes.

I would hope A&M faculty, from the Right or the Left, would stick to academic even handed behavior in public expression rather than going berserk, but alas, that's a forlorn hope.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Etc etc need to die yesterday. Ridiculous the media platforms we have that people can use to spew their hate instantly.

Are you sure that's real? Seems kinda nuts, even with 2020 expectations of people.

Had a prof like that as a fish. Class complained to the dean as a whole. I think we got him fired for the derogatory way he spoke to students, plus he was grading based on responses in class to questions that had nothing to do with the subject. He openly bragged that he gave one student an F on a project solely because of a response to a political question. At least he didn’t finish out the semester. Whether he left on his own or was asked I don’t know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT