ADVERTISEMENT

Taking it to the Championship Level

JustAvgIllini

Known Member
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
I've always believed that all championship teams have have at least two or three position groups that carry the rest of the team to the championship level. Whether it's a generational QB like a Cam Newton or the monster WR groups of Bama lately, those gamechangers or team changers, have the ability elevate the players around them to new heights. The question we need to be asking ourselves is do we now have those types of players on the team or arriving in College Station very soon? I think we do and here's why....

QB is the most impactful individual position in football. We as Ags have seen all the lines of the spectrum in this. I won't go into names but suffice it say the fortunes our team have ridden much with our QB play. Going into next year, I think we now have three quarterbacks who could carry us to championships. Their collective skillsets coupled with playmakers, good line play and coaching are enough in my mind.

Playmakers I will classify as one group, but championship teams have them all over the field. I'm convinced that we will have close to and more of those field-tilting types of players like Johnny Manziel, Mike Evans and Myles Garrett. Will they end up being those caliber of players? No, probably not and they don't have to be. I see current and potential playmakers at RB, WR, TE, Defensive Line, LB and in the Secondary. Quality and quantity will be what's needed to push our Aggies into the championship realm. It's going to happen.

Reactions: staubach1972
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News