ADVERTISEMENT

Supply chain issues are real

You would think... But then why is Buc-ee's all drink cups? Why can't Taco Cabana get drink cups with their logo on it (multiple locations are using clear plastic cups and only a single size). I know several restaurants (including Carabba's) that can't get can't get calamari right now. There is a massive shortage on Gatorade in stores. Issues are happening on a large scale and McDonalds might be okay or might be dealing with issues. I brought it to the board as something humorous to have a little fun on a Wednesday. :rolleyes:
Saw the same thing at the CS Taco Cabana on Tuesday. Didn't put it together that it might be supply chain related (too focused on my tacos, I guess)

Reactions: jphillips97
The entire problem is not fabricated. But there are definitely fabricated elements slowing the path to recovery. (paying people to stay home is one). There is also the fact that government leaders around the world are refusing to work with each other to solve, and instead are competing with each other, further worsening the situation.

Go on. I’m curious about this because the sense I get is it’s in large part due to lack of trucking.
Cousin runs a trucking company, they had trucks sitting outside of the Port of LA and SD for days (no more than a day per truck but several waiting over weeks). Not getting loaded. He gave up and had to take other contracts, as they were wasting money.

Once they fix the issues at the ports, there won't be enough trucks there, as they are already short about 30k drivers nationally, and the mandate will force approx 37% of those currently driving to retire, more to quit/strike.

It's going to get worse.

Reactions: aggies43080
Most ships go to the West coast because it’s closer to Asia. Long Beach has changed the rules to allow stacks up to 5 high but you still need drivers to move them down the line.
I have heard CA doesn’t allow diesel trucks older than 2014 to operate within the state and it’s limited the quantity of available trucks.

Reactions: FbFan222
Driver and warehouse labor are both extremely challenging right now. Wages are increasing radically and people are jumping ship for large sign on bonuses. I have been deeply involved in the domestic grocery/c-store supply chain for almost 20 years and these challenges are really unprecedented.

Well. In fairness to “lowered expectations” our last three presidents have all been absolute idiots. So we already lowered the bar there. What did we expect?

The entire problem is not fabricated. But there are definitely fabricated elements slowing the path to recovery. (paying people to stay home is one). There is also the fact that government leaders around the world are refusing to work with each other to solve, and instead are competing with each other, further worsening the situation.

Not to speak for whomever originally called the problem "fabricated" but I think the meaning is that it's a self-inflicted problem caused by overly burdensome regulation and government incentives against work. So while it's not "fabricated" in the sense that it's made up it is "fabricated" in the sense that the problem has occurred for reasons not originally related to raw materials or manufacturing capacity but rather a bottleneck in the chain due to government fvcking things up/

Not to speak for whomever originally called the problem "fabricated" but I think the meaning is that it's a self-inflicted problem caused by overly burdensome regulation and government incentives against work. So while it's not "fabricated" in the sense that it's made up it is "fabricated" in the sense that the problem has occurred for reasons not originally related to raw materials or manufacturing capacity but rather a bottleneck in the chain due to government fvcking things up/
we need more immigrants and easier immigration policies.

• Haha
Reactions: cooter#
It is threads like this that make me realize just how ****ed we are. This is a board full of highly capable, intelligent and generally squared away thinking Aggie’s no less and most of which have no time for the bullshit shoveled out of Washington and yet we are on page two of this thread and not one person has touched on the real cause of this fabricated supply chain issue…

It’s quite simple… they (the people running this shit show we call our global society, the same ones who brought us COVID) want a supply chain problem because they need to overturn the current economic system snd have their global reset. How do I know this? Because they have ****ing told us. It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to look at the chain of events post 2016 and see connection between all of these supposedly “freakish” black swann events. Anyone recall when the worlds largest container ship magically logged itself in the Suez Canal? Something that had not happened ever, and that just happened to precede this shit show and no one sees the connections? It was just one in a series of little nudges needed to create a real supply chain cluster ****. Which of course is just one small cog in this operation to completely transform society. Overturn society is a better way to put it. The western ideals of democracy and open society which gave us a middle class for the first time in human history has served its purpose. Time for the Oligarchs to reassert themselves and make sure it’s know who really runs this planet.

These people (the rulers of this world ans their mid level managers) hate you and me. We are just useless eaters who are being replaced by robots anyway. Time to cull the heard by their view. And monitor the ones of us that they allow to live, 24/7

Covid was not the main event, it was just the prelude . Things are about to get gnarly

Let’s BTHOA!

I was reading a bit about the trucking issue but have no first hand knowledge. Basically we need long haul truckers but the average salary is around $48k and it’s a 60-70 hour per week job that has you living in a truck away from home. It’s an incredibly unhealthy profession and the on the job death rate is 10x the national average.

The solutions the logistics companies are pushing are let 18 years olds do it (instead of 21) and to allow more immigrants to do the work. It’s just a job that’s probably going to be hard to fill domestically and the job will be automated faster than we think so it’s not a great career to start.

It feels like people just don't want to do shitty work for low wages. That totally pisses me off. Also, nice post by JR7MinuteAbs summing up what's really going on. Many of you doubted the existence of the Illuminati and, yet, here we are.

Reactions: CheekySchneider
The place I buy all my tires, including tractor tires, told me he got a letter from his supplier for tractor tires. In the letter, it stated that once the companies warehouse is out of tires dont expect any until the second quarter of 2022. Tom 100, I agree with the immigration policy and probably the more immigrants. However, the only way I would agree with the latter is they come LEGALLY.

Reactions: Tom_100
I was reading a bit about the trucking issue but have no first hand knowledge. Basically we need long haul truckers but the average salary is around $48k and it’s a 60-70 hour per week job that has you living in a truck away from home. It’s an incredibly unhealthy profession and the on the job death rate is 10x the national average.

The solutions the logistics companies are pushing are let 18 years olds do it (instead of 21) and to allow more immigrants to do the work. It’s just a job that’s probably going to be hard to fill domestically and the job will be automated faster than we think so it’s not a great career to start.

Where did you see that $48K? Last I saw it was closer to $75K.

Reactions: LRAFBR
The place I buy all my tires, including tractor tires, told me he got a letter from his supplier for tractor tires. In the letter, it stated that once the companies warehouse is out of tires dont expect any until the second quarter of 2022. Tom 100, I agree with the immigration policy and probably the more immigrants. However, the only way I would agree with the latter is they come LEGALLY.
was trying to draw someone offsides but I agree. We need people

I can't get styrofoam from my food supplier (Reinhart)
I can't get 5oz plastic cups from my medical supplier (Medline)

I don't think either of those products are made overseas so they shouldn't be waiting on a cargo ship.

I use lots of cattle trucks and have never seen so few available. Rates are up 20% because of cost of diesel and zero truck drivers. Oil industry plus getting behind on dry goods etc after the Covid issues are huge. Demand for many products are up 20-25% because no one is traveling and they are spending money on goods not services. The beef industry is not short on beef it is higher because people are paying more for it than ever before plus China has stepped in the market because they have a trade disagreement with Australia and have cut imports from Brazil over a mad cow issue. Pork exports have skyrocketed as well because ASF decimated the swine industry throughout ASIA.

We need deregulation of the trucking industry but that won't happen when every lawyer in the US has an ad up to sue your ass if you get hit by a truck. I have to carry upwards of 10 million for umbrella policies in case my cattle get loaded on a truck that isn't mine but hits some idiot that cuts them off in traffic.

Sorry different issue but you get the just why we have less trucks on the road, and transportation issues.

Reactions: cmergele
Biden said it was a leadership problem during his campaign. He may have significant cognitive problems but he did see the future and its in the mirror.

I can't get styrofoam from my food supplier (Reinhart)
I can't get 5oz plastic cups from my medical supplier (Medline)

I don't think either of those products are made overseas so they shouldn't be waiting on a cargo ship.
Raw materials do.

Reactions: Parlay Magic
I know for Kroger it is partially supply issues but they are also having a really hard time getting truck drivers. Doesn’t help that we are still paying people not to get a job.
this is the crux of the trucking issue, they are getting paid enough that they are comfortable to stay home and watch the View

It feels like people just don't want to do shitty work for low wages. That totally pisses me off. Also, nice post by JR7MinuteAbs summing up what's really going on. Many of you doubted the existence of the Illuminati and, yet, here we are.
Did you miss the part where crane operators make $250,000?

Reactions: jphillips97
No it is a system problem. I sell to McDonalds, Chick Fila, Starbucks and all the other big boys. The chain is broken and they are being shorted products all over the place. It is band aid on top of band aid. I just talked to the buyer at Chick Fila yesterday and they are requiring everyone to give updates on Labor, Shipping, transportation, and raw Materials.
Styrofoam cups and trays are hard to come by right now. That is why you aren’t seeing logos on cups. Like I was in Bucees and they didn’t have the beaver cups that day. Just generic or whatever they can get their hands on.
Buccees has been out of their cups for going on 3 weeks (at least in Madisonville). They have acquired some generic medium sized cups, but don't have the large and 44 ounce cups at all. They will let you use your own cup though. However, they may not let you use a styro foam cup (which makes no sense at all).

It is threads like this that make me realize just how ****ed we are. This is a board full of highly capable, intelligent and generally squared away thinking Aggie’s no less and most of which have no time for the bullshit shoveled out of Washington and yet we are on page two of this thread and not one person has touched on the real cause of this fabricated supply chain issue…

It’s quite simple… they (the people running this shit show we call our global society, the same ones who brought us COVID) want a supply chain problem because they need to overturn the current economic system snd have their global reset. How do I know this? Because they have ****ing told us. It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to look at the chain of events post 2016 and see connection between all of these supposedly “freakish” black swann events. Anyone recall when the worlds largest container ship magically logged itself in the Suez Canal? Something that had not happened ever, and that just happened to precede this shit show and no one sees the connections? It was just one in a series of little nudges needed to create a real supply chain cluster ****. Which of course is just one small cog in this operation to completely transform society. Overturn society is a better way to put it. The western ideals of democracy and open society which gave us a middle class for the first time in human history has served its purpose. Time for the Oligarchs to reassert themselves and make sure it’s know who really runs this planet.

These people (the rulers of this world ans their mid level managers) hate you and me. We are just useless eaters who are being replaced by robots anyway. Time to cull the heard by their view. And monitor the ones of us that they allow to live, 24/7

Covid was not the main event, it was just the prelude . Things are about to get gnarly

Let’s BTHOA!
How will having a McDonald's meal delivered in a Happy Meal box cause us to throw away everything we know about our society and bow to our new serf Lords?

• Haha
Reactions: cmergele
So, this morning, I stopped by McDonalds near my place and picked up breakfast. Mickey D's was out of all paper and plastic bags, so everything ordered came in a happy meal box. Yeah... (and the pic below is my breakfast this morning)

Don't get political on this one, but what are some of the weirdest supply issues you guys have seen out there?

249904653_10225011555303753_367715006688586757_n.jpg
You got trolled. Hit up a MD’s this morning and they double bagged my food

Let’s BTHOA!

Yeah. That’s it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT